Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hella Mega Tour 2020 (Green Day, Fall Out Boy & Weezer) 29th June 2020 RDS Arena

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,882 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

dont they hold a few seats for that instance

never seen any young teens been refused into a concert for being underage. Theres always some half drunken idiot who will act as guardian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Sorry if this has been asked before but my sister in law bought a standing ticket for her son (13). She will be going with him. What's the likelihood of him being refused entry?

Brought my young lad 3 years ago when he was 14 and there was no hassle at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Thanks everyone. I've passed on the feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭lynvoh

The revolut ticketmaster situation is not gonna get fixed soon, is it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

lynvoh wrote: »

What happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Still doing that shíte of failing to go through on TMs end after confirming the purchase on the Revolut app? Massive pain and nearly lost out on tickets over it before, had to go dig out the main bank card. Emailed Ticketmaster about it and just got fobbed off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Any idea when tickets will be available to view?
    How long does it usually take? Never had to wait for them before..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭Zardoz

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Any idea when tickets will be available to view?
    How long does it usually take? Never had to wait for them before..

Whats the rush ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭endainoz

Zardoz wrote:
    Whats the rush ?

Need a sweet pic for a DoneDeal ad?

endainoz wrote: »
    Need a sweet pic for a DoneDeal ad?

Not in the slightest!
    Second one is a birthday present, wouldn’t mind having the print off for the card is all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Where is a premium ticket likely to land one?

bennyl10 wrote:
    Not in the slightest! Second one is a birthday present, wouldn’t mind having the print off for the card is all

Ah no I'm only joking, I think someone said they got their tickets sent out already so they should be out soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭Lofidelity

When did Weezer last play in Ireland? I was waiting for an Olympia or Bord Gais show for a long time but this will have to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Lofidelity wrote: »
    When did Weezer last play in Ireland? I was waiting for an Olympia or Bord Gais show for a long time but this will have to do.

Oxegen 2011

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/weezer/2011/punchestown-racecourse-naas-ireland-2bd350fa.html

Was a class show.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

If I remember correctly Weezer played two shows here in 2005 only two months apart in Vicar St. and the Point which was a bit odd at the time, the Vicar St. show was great but I skipped the Point date, outside of Oxegen I do not think they have played here since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭Lofidelity

EyesClosed wrote: »

I was probably at that, memory is a bit hazy. I had a look at the line up poster, it really was the golden age of Irish festivals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I was speaking to an agent today in relation to another matter and I mentioned the Revolut issue.
    He said that Ticketmaster are aware of the issue and are working on trying to remedy the issue so it should be resolved soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,476 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Xenji wrote: »
    If I remember correctly Weezer played two shows here in 2005 only two months apart in Vicar St. and the Point which was a bit odd at the time, the Vicar St. show was great but I skipped the Point date, outside of Oxegen I do not think they have played here since.

Was at the Point show as couldn't get tix to Vicar Street. It sold out instantly. Point show was fun though. Pixies in Lansdowne road the night before too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Xenji wrote: »

Yeah June and again in August 2005. I also got tickets to Vicar St and skipped Point. It was a strange one alright, probably promoters were unsure of demand when planning Vicar St and then scrambled to get another show. Vicar St show was great. I remember they opened with Tired of Sex and the place went crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

I thought Vicar St was the worst show of theirs I've been at. Rivers looked like he'd rather be anywhere else all night. Point was brilliant though, totally the opposite. At one stage he disappeared off the stage and re-appeared at the back of the venue for one of the songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

The Point was fantastic.
    Shame he forgot his glasses that night - I'm that shallow :o

Ticket arrived today. No messing about with this even if its 9 months away. Babies been conceived now could be around before the show ha

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Ticket arrived today. No messing about with this even if its 9 months away. Babies been conceived now could be around before the show ha

Interesting to see tickets are laid out as Green Day w/FoB and Weezer.

Wonder would that mean a full 2 hour Green Day show then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭TK Lemon

I got my tickets today too. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Yup, my sh!tty paper tix arrived this morning too......can’t wait for this!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,426 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Just the 9 months to lose them then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭sabrewulf

Just bought 2 gold circle tickets on ticketmaster for this. Still some available. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭sabrewulf

If you want to give it to someone as a present, here's some artwork that is not as ugly as the ticketmaster prints:
    8un6rzoq.jpg
    (the barcode is random for illustration only and does not provide access to the gig)
    :)

Checked green days website another band added to the bill 'Amyl and the sniffers'

Had a listen to them there ok and a real start of the evening type band

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Checked green days website another band added to the bill 'Amyl and the sniffers'

Saw them last year in All Points East. Thought they were pretty decent but everyone else I was with didn't like them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Layne

They were on Jools Holland a while back. Aussie punk..now that's a genre you don't hear mentioned very often!!
    Serious energy and a little less refined than the other Hella Mega bands.

Layne wrote: »
    They were on Jools Holland a while back. Aussie punk..now that's a genre you don't hear mentioned very often!!
    Serious energy and a little less refined than the other Hella Mega bands.

Did someone say Aussie punk?

https://youtu.be/j58V2vC9EPc

They're decent but this bill didn't need another band added

gates in the Uk dates are at 4, think MCD may need to do the same here now

https://www.metalcastle.net/another-bad-news-announced-from-green-day-due-to-coronavirus/

Green Days Asian tour postponed and fears the European leg could be too

****ing virus

https://www.metalcastle.net/another-bad-news-announced-from-green-day-due-to-coronavirus/

Green Days Asian tour postponed and fears the European leg could be too

****ing virus

I see France are looking to ban public gatherings of more than 5000 people, so we have another six nation's game in jeopardy. I don't disagree with it really, if some extreme measures need to be take for a couple of months or so it will be contained, and hopefully summer gatherings won't be affected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

This prob won’t be happening right ?

km79 wrote: »
    This prob won’t be happening right ?

I'd say it's unlikely to be honest, they already cancelled the Asian leg of the tour which would be going on now, one of the first bands to do that but nothing is confirmed as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Diagonalley

Just knew it was literally too good to be true. TOP / MCR / Green Day / FOB / Weezer - ALL in Dublin in the same week, just after the leaving Cert. ****ing virus is right. But if that’s what it takes to save lives then 100% that is what has to be done. Maybe they’ll all come to Reading Festival at the end of August instead (we can dream)

Green Days Asian tour is being rescheduled for March 2021
    Hella Mega will be the same you’d imagine

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Green Days Asian tour is being rescheduled for March 2021
    Hella Mega will be the same you’d imagine

That's a massive possibility alright

Clutching at straws here but if things do go back to normal by the end of June do you think they will split the tour and do some dates in places less at risk (we could be considered a less risk country by then PG) and then do the others in 2021

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭julyjane

I'd say it's been well cancelled and all they're doing now is working behind the scenes to secure alternative dates, which won't be easy for outdoor venues in different cities, and there won't be an announcement til they can announce the new dates so it won't be all bad news

Clutching at straws here but if things do go back to normal by the end of June do you think they will split the tour and do some dates in places less at risk (we could be considered a less risk country by then PG) and then do the others in 2021

No, either the full Euro tour will go ahead or it won't - they won't do piecemeal.

In any case, I doubt that gatherings the size of RDS Arena will be allowed before the end of the year.

Doubt it Tbh, especially if the tour is being kept this big, reschedule for 2021

No, either the full Euro tour will go ahead or it won't - they won't do piecemeal.

In any case, I doubt that gatherings the size of RDS Arena will be allowed before the end of the year.

true

possibly 3arena gigs maybe the max gatherings for gigs til the end of the year

Lots of jobs lost for outdoor gigs like Crew, vendors, security etc

true

possibly 3arena gigs maybe the max gatherings for gigs til the end of the year

Lots of jobs lost for outdoor gigs like Crew, vendors, security etc

In all honesty, I would expect no gigs for the rest of the year at least. At best, restaurants and coffee shops might be allowed open for sit in again provided they limit number of tables and observe social distancing.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭lynvoh

Any official news on this? It's gonna be cancelled for sure but will they go for refund or reschedule ?

Any official news on this? It's gonna be cancelled for sure but will they go for refund of reschedule ?

McD will update each day at 12, and hope to have all rescheduled by next Tuesday

Tour postponed to 2021

Find the official press release of the artists below:

"In life, there is nothing that makes us happier than being on stage, and we were so excited to go on this tour, but given the current health crisis, we have to postpone some concerts of our European / UK tour.

We’re obviously as disappointed as you are, however the safety of our fans, staff and tour teams is number one priority. We are doing our best to finalize the agenda and reschedule the postponed concerts next summer. Keep your tickets well. If you have any questions, please contact your original point of sale immediately.

Keep rocking… safe… at home

website has updated first 4 dates to postponed, UK ones to follow you'd imagine based on the press release

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Where have you seen this? Obviously we all knew the news was coming but just want to send the info to my gig buddies.

Advertisement