Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lets see your Christmas Trees! (Don't quote photos!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭tribalwings

Here's our tree

IMAG0120.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Don't care (Atari Jaguar)
    Ok these are practically the same as the ones I posted a few weeks back from last year but what the hell! This is THIS year!!:D I'll try get more up when all the decorating is done - yes it's not all done yet:eek:

Also how do you embed your own photographs in the post? Do you have to have them on a photo hosting site??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

leahyl wrote: »
    That looks like something out of a magazine!:eek: BEAUTIFUL!

I can't take any credit, all my Mammy's doing she LOVES Christmas, haha!

I've attached some more pics from the Mammy house, I could fill a page showing everything she has put up this year!

photo(1).JPG

photo.JPG

p2.JPG

lockie1983 wrote: »
    I can't take any credit, all my Mammy's doing she LOVES Christmas, haha!

I've attached some more pics from the Mammy house, I could fill a page showing everything she has put up this year!

photo(1).JPG

photo.JPG

p2.JPG

Bit of a fire hazard there with all the teddies isn't it?!:D Just kidding! Beautiful pics lockie1983!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Hehe, thanks Leahyl, their whole neighbour hood have gone Christmas mad, I called in this evening after the gym and there are lights everywhere on the street, its great!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

My mammy's tree, just put up today.

[URL="6488553031_8fb9d8231a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

here's my effort

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

just a small one :D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

184835.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Stray_Cat

6500967505_d4d79e6eb2.jpg

Have this tree a few years now...it's slightly mangled in places because of our cats :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

FINALLY all the decorations are up!!!

"Little" tree:
    73758.jpg
    7ba57.jpg

"Main" tree:
    26c90.jpg72170.jpg

Mantlepiece (sorry for crap quality):
    78c31.jpg

Stairs:
    6cc88.jpg

Front door:
    22963.jpg

YAY, feeling very festive now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ilikexmas

Here are the two tree's i did at my house
    IMG_1151.JPG
    This is the big one!
    IMG_1154.JPG
    IMG_1156.JPG
    This is the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SupaDupaFly

10 days and counting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

185495.jpg

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

KungPao wrote: »

dude your fridge looks mighty depressed in the background :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Denisejcc wrote: »
    009xjt.jpg

This made my day.. :D

willyam.jpg

:rolleyes:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭gidget

This is our 15th year using this tree!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Juicyfruit

Here's mine.
    First Christmas in our own house :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

P1010391_2.jpg

Here's ours.

Penguins appear to be breeding :o

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭DBCyc

IMG_9265-Edit.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I'm a bit late... going to miss it when its gone :(

Tree_1.jpg

Better late than never!

IMG_0544_2.jpg

Until next year guys! :)

Oh I love all these pics! They are so warm and cosy and christmassy! It really does give me a warm, comforting feeling :o

leahyl wrote: »
    Oh I love all these pics! They are so warm and cosy and christmassy! It really does give me a warm, comforting feeling :o

Me too! I love this thread! And for the first year ever I get to put a picture up of my own attempt at a Christmas tree!! :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I physically cannot wait to put up my tree, eeeeek! This thread is making me have the excite. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Posy wrote: »
    I physically cannot wait to put up my tree, eeeeek! This thread is making me have the excite. :D

I'm ridiculously excited. This is my first year with my own place. I already have Christmas duvet covers and Christmas place mats! Every couple of days I talk to my housemate about how we should decorate the place. She's excited but not QUITE as excited as me. This is an email exchange we had yesterday (after me reading a thread in here):

Me: Can we get a Christmas train that drives around a track around the bottom of the Christmas tree and plays Christmas music?

Housemate: STOP!

Me: :( Choo choo!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Lidl Xmass Tree Stand that I was talking about earlier on.

Fantastic bit of kit and well worth the 15 euro.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Pictures and small amount of chat allowed
    Landslide Victory for discussion allowed! Please ensure that it is indeed discussion e.g. where did you get your tree decorations, what material did you use for x etc.

"Love your tree! xoxo" is not discussion, and should be expressed via the thanks button :)

I'll edit the first post with the main thread rules, but just to re-iterate them:

1. NO QUOTING PICS! - It's jarring and takes up space. Please don't quote someone's pic. Simply refer to them by name or remove the img tags. Quoted pic = instant post delete with no warning or notification.

2. Please keep your photos below 800 pixels wide. - Giant photos are very annoying and disruptive. If you can't resize, simply post the picture as a URL link and people can click through to see. We will be editing peoples post to enforce this one, without warning or notification.

3. Relevant discussion is allowed on thread, but "Love your tree" style posts break the flow of the thread are unnecessary. Spread the love with the thanks button instead.

No need to respond to this post, please continue with the Christmas tree-ing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭angel_wings

HERE'S MINE :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

12 feet me hole...more like 14 feet.

WTF have I gotten myself into here.:eek::pac::D

Ah well,as long as myself,missus and daughter are happy,I suppose its worth it.:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement