Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Royal Wedding Mega Thread! Mod warning post 364.

• 23-04-2011 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Freiheit

Are you?

I'm asking this question with gender options as I've encountered so many people gender stereotype this, as in "All woman are interested in the royal wedding, no women will be in town friday morning" and "No men are interested in it, only men will be on the streets friday morning". I don't like gender stereotypes myself so I'm curious as to how people here feel. I'm talking about interested from a style and fashion perspective, not a political one.

Personally I think Kate Middleton is beautifl and William is a good looking man too, but there's thousands of others who look just as well.

I'm trying to insert a poll on this so I'd appreciate help from moderators in doing so, I'm fairly technology illiterate! No back space on my computer, help please mods!.

Danke schön!:)
    F

...10 mins later, thanks Dudara!

Are you interested in the Royal Wedding? 247 votes

Yes and I'm female
    0% 0 votes
    No and I'm female
    44% 111 votes
    Yes and I'm male
    25% 64 votes
    No and I'm male
    9% 24 votes
    Yes and I'm intersexed
    19% 48 votes
    No and I'm intersexed
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

no and i'm a woman. The insane amount of media coverage it's been getting is extremely annoying too.

(although I do want to see her dress :pac: )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thread now updated with poll.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

From a fashion point of view im very interested particularly the dress

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I'm not interested in the wedding itself but I am interested in the style. I'd imagine that it will be quite subdued but it will be interesting to see if anyone does anything a bit different.

I also want to see her dress. I chose my own last week so I'm all about wedding dresses right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Nope not interested in it at all but curious about the dress.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

Really don't care about any part of it, only that the tv programming will probably be interrupted :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Yeah it's about time Prince Albert got hitched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

I'm interested merely because i am in the UK at the moment and its a novelty to me, I'm going to a Royal Wedding party at my friends house on the Friday for the laughs.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Funky Kingston

I'm interested simply because my BF is from London and when I visit it's all I hear about . It happens that his b/day is next Friday too so i guess it will be mixed celebration . I just want to see her dress really ....but i'll be flying at 2pm so hopefully it will be shown the airport tvs !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

I'd imagine William will be in his SD 1's so nothing too interesting there. No interest in the dress or the female fashion so I'll have a quick gander at the suits on display by the various male guests and that will be it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

No interest in the wedding itself, but am interested in the dress, it's like the Oscars - boring event, fancy clothes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I am much more interested in the wedding plans of people I know. The cult of personality bypassed me completely.

So Bobblehead, did ya pick out a dress? Is yer man wearing a towel around his head? :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I just want to see Kate's dress.

Not really into weddings/wedding plans of celebrities or people I know, weddings usually bore me to be honest.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

OldGoat wrote: »
    So Bobblehead, did ya pick out a dress? Is yer man wearing a towel around his head? :)

What better way to always know where your towel is than to keep it on your head. :p

I'm looking forward to seeing what Victoria Beckham is wearing. I love her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Lorrrrraine

I'm want to see the dress, hair and make-up. I'd watch it like I watch Big Fat Gypsy Wedding, Four Weddings or anything like that.
    Infact, there's a drinking game based on it that looks like fun, so if any pub shows it I'll be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sibylla

Yes it's going to be one of the most iconic weddings of our time. From a f&a perspective the fashion will be emulated by brides all over the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

My sisters getting married in August so il be watching it to check out the style. Word on the street is there will be hardly any hats and it will be all fascinators.

I hate those fascinators, they look so cheap,like a hairbad with flowers stuck on.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Allison91

It's just a wedding so no I don't care, really don't see the big deal at all. I'm actually kind of glad I have an exam that day :D
    My mother on the other hand is obsessed with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I'm not interested at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭ismiseuisce

No interest in the wedding. Female.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Yes and I cannot wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Just found this, absolute madness in my opinion, starving yourself just to attend a Royal wedding, it surprises me how low people will go just to get what they want.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/18/20110422/tod-fasting-mexican-gets-her-wish-to-see-6058bda.html

Just found this, absolute madness in my opinion, starving yourself just to attend a Royal wedding, it surprises me how low people will go just to get what they want.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/18/20110422/tod-fasting-mexican-gets-her-wish-to-see-6058bda.html
    These events always bring out publicity seekers and attention seeking people in general, Anything to get yourself written about. It shouldn't be a reflection on the big day. There are some strange so called fans hence security being so vital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Sibylla wrote: »
    Yes it's going to be one of the most iconic weddings of our time. From a f&a perspective the fashion will be emulated by brides all over the world.
    Lol thinking back on all those Diana knockoffs

I hope Kate's dress is a bit nicer :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Female and I'm looking forward to it! I'm working but I'm planning on watching it on my phone via Sky News. I might even bring in a netbook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

Female and really interested in it I have to admit! Just dying to see what the dress is like and the style in general. Not that often that someone really beautiful has married into the royal family. I probably won't get to see it live but will record it, I've noticed though from female friends and colleagues that the majority seem to have mentioned it in some form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I'm female and interested just in the dress and the guests' style, I think Kate Middleton is certifiably insane to be marrying into that life, no amount of love or money would make me do it, but I'll happily look at her pretty dress on the day! Would prefer if she hadn't gone so skinny for it because I would have preferred to see a dress fitted to the curves of a proper womanly figure, which she had, but now she is just so thin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Female and very, very interested. As a kid I just loved reading my gran's copies of HELLO! and other such mags that gave pages and pages to royalty. I guess my interest and dare I say fascination stems from her. I am coming up against a lot of slagging in work (some not so nice may I add) and from friends because I will be sitting watching it on friday with enthusiasm.

My mum is the same..last week when she came to London we had great craic checking out the palace, the 'prospective route', the Abbey and seeing all the tack that was on sale..so many people, film crews already in place! It is a little bit of madness we can enjoy in the course of everyday boring life.

I am keen to see the dress of course, and have always been a fan of William and Harry, and in all honestly, the whole thing is exciting to me. Might make me look sad to many, many others, but I have the day off and I will be glued to the box.

Female and don't care but wouldn't mind keeping an eye out for the dress

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Clareboy

I love Royal Weddings, even though I am male. The British excell at pomp and ceremony and they have a wonderful sense of history and tradition. It will be a glittering occasion and not to be missed - I just can't wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

I really could not give a damn about the Royal Wedding.
    Sick of all the coverage to be honest, I cant understand why it is all over Irish and American tv, the royal family have nothing to do with us.

Ill have a gander at Kate Middletons dress alright, but I wont go out of my way to see it, no doubt I wont have to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

Not a notion of any interest. I'll be in Belfast, hopefully hungover on Friday, and couldn't care less who is gettin married or what they're wearing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

I have regained faith in female kind after seeing so many people say they are not interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I won't be watching but I like all the articles and the dress and stuff:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I doubt I'll actually watch it, but I am looking forward to seeing the dress and outfits :D My mam and her mates are getting together to have "high tea" and watch it!

• Advertisement

For anyone purely interested in the fashion aspect and not the wedding, E are doing a fashion special on the wedding friday night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I saw yer wan from Xpose outside Westminister Abbey about ten days ago, doing her 'scoop' on the fashion she expected and have to admit it was pretty funny seeing her wobble on the cobblestones in her heels and horrific fake tan...

On a side note, my gran rang yesterday to tell me she was happy she'd gotten all her washing and housework done this weekend so she can relax and enjoy Friday. Gas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Azureus wrote: »
    I really could not give a damn about the Royal Wedding.
    Sick of all the coverage to be honest, I cant understand why it is all over Irish and American tv, the royal family have nothing to do with us.

Ill have a gander at Kate Middletons dress alright, but I wont go out of my way to see it, no doubt I wont have to.

The US President has nothing to do with us either, yet it was all that was shown on Irish and UK channels when Obama was elected and then inaugerated:D

It's the monarchy of our closest neighbouring country - there's bound to be a level of interest in it. Don't know whether your old enough but did you have the same opinion when Princess Diana died? ie "nothing to do with us`"?

I'll be interested in seeing her dress, as she has full autonomy of it and her make up and hair.
    I'll be interested in seeing what the invited guests wear as well. It's like a big showbiz occasion rather than a wedding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CK2010

this is gonna sound a bit odd but tbh the main reason im excited about it is because my elderly and sick granny is looking forward to it and lately shes been so sick shes not entirely 'with it' so to speak, so to see her so caught up in something of interest to her is really nice! :o

if it werent for that i dont think id give a hoot! apart from seeing pics of the dress in the paper. or to see if anything goes wrong! :D i know thats mean but its true! like diana saying the wrong name at hers, nice to see they're normal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

Is there something wrong with me, as a woman, that I don't care remotely about the dress/fashion/style/get up of any of the guests or bride? Reckon it'll be a job to escape the coverage though. Am gutted as I'm going to Belfast for boozing and am afraid the streets will be empty. Still, good times for me. May head to the pub and nab me a man as they'll be the only ones in tihe pub!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

I must admit I am a little interested. Looking forward to seeing her dress.
    Mind you I am also getting married this year so thats probably why I am so interested!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Calluna

I'm kind of interested - mainly in the dress and general 'style' of the guests, etc. I probably would have been sneaky peeking on web at work, but as it turns out I'm going to a wedding on Friday so I'm off...and can spend the morning watching the royals while getting myself all dolled up. I think the level of interest here is reasonable, but they seem to have gone bananas next door...a friend of mine is home from Edinburgh and she can't wait for the madness to all be over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I can't help but get a little excited and girly thinking about it...the idea of fairy-tale princess weddings have been shoved into my brain since I was a child!

I'll probably watch it to check out the outfits and then get bored and turn it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Couldn't be bothered tuning in to watch the wedding, I was surprised to hear my mother saying she couldn't wait! Half interested to see what people are wearing but i can wait for the pictures, no doubt they'll be up on dozens of websites seconds after they are snapped! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I need to change my level of interest in this, after seeing all the preparations going into the ceremony and the traditions (the sailors, the horses, the carriages etc) I am completely dying to see it now, I love all things historical so to see all of these things being brought out for any event really interests me, I love the sense of occasion about all of that type of thing. So I have gone from being interested purely in the fashion to now wanting to watch all the ceremonial bits too, not too interested in them getting married but love all the pomp and circumstance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I really want to see the church now after seeing all the trees going into Westminster Abbey! It's probably going to be gorgeous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 epad.ie

Lets face it, most people are interested to some degree. Even if your not, you will still be curious and might sneek a quick look on the news of what happened on the day. Im not a big fan myself and thing its all a bit OTT but you have to admire that they are probably the first royal couple who are not a bit ostentatious or in simple terms "full of s**t" like so many other "royals". Diana was the exception but look at the state of the person she married so she came close a close second. The pressure must be enormous on them, especially for Kate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

Fair play to Kate, she is doing her own make apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 gubernaculum

doubt i'll watch the wedding but do want to see if sarah burton got the dress gig. big mcqueen fan so think it'd be brilliant :)

The big day is here, I'm very interested to see what everyone will be wearing. Aside from Kate it will be interesting to see what younger royals and guests such as Victoria Beckham choose to wear. At the Queen's pre wedding gala dinner Princess Beatrice proved most popular with the critics while at rehearsals Kate Middleton her sister and Mom looked great. The major speculation right now is who the designer of the dress is. Will update with pictures of wedding :)

21llton.jpg

article-0-0BD0B01C00000578-747_306x684.jpg

article-1381772-0BD0FA4000000578-745_308x564.jpg

article-0-0BD0D1EB00000578-855_306x539.jpg

article-0-0BD0A99F00000578-292_306x423.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement