Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 27 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Anyone considering JWP? I'm seriously considering him for GW27 if I bench boost as planned.

He hasn't had great returns recently, but he was flagged there last week so I wonder was he carrying an injury for a while? Also Southampton haven't had great fixtures recently.

Anyway I'm telling myself that the winter break will have done him good and home to Villa is the perfect opportunity for a return to form.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

tailgunner wrote: »
    Anyone considering JWP? I'm seriously considering him for GW27 if I bench boost as planned.

He hasn't had great returns recently, but he was flagged there last week so I wonder was he carrying an injury for a while? Also Southampton haven't had great fixtures recently.

Anyway I'm telling myself that the winter break will have done him good and home to Villa is the perfect opportunity for a return to form.

He had a deep cut/gash to the knee that made him a doubt for the Burnley game.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Really not sure there's another Southampton attacker worth considering apart from Ings. They struggled to create anything against Burnley.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Maupay to Jimi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Considering Aguero/Redmond to Jimi/Son

Redmond was a disaster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Really not sure there's another Southampton attacker worth considering apart from Ings. They struggled to create anything against Burnley.

Long is a decent option if going 352

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

I’m a bit lost as too what too do as my season has stalled a little recently

Pope Foster
    Robbo Gomez Soy Lundstram Sidibe
    Salah Grealish Zaha Doucoure Dendonker
    Vardy Ings Aguero

Obvious ones are Digne Zaha Doucoure
    I’ve 2ft and .9 itb
    Any suggestions from anyone would be very welcomed

I’m a bit lost as too what too do as my season has stalled a little recently

Pope Foster
    Robbo Gomez Soy Lundstram Digne
    Vardy Ings Aguero

Obvious ones are Digne Zaha Doucoure
    I’ve 2ft and .9 itb
    Any suggestions from anyone would be very welcomed
    Aguero to Jiminez and doucore to son if you have the money or digne to boly and dendonker to traore.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Long is a decent option if going 352

100%
    IF i go 352 (and I am seriously considering it) he is my 3rd striker
    4.6 bench fodder but offers more than any of the bench fodder mids at that price.

midfield of mane salah son mahrez barnes
    jiminez ings and then long is very very tempting
    Would have full squad as well which would mean i could change between 352/442 or 433 if i was forced to
    Going to watch pool and city games before I decide but I cant shake the feeling mane is going to be worth it
    But I don't think I can risk selling salah just yet
    Easy to upgrade Long to Vardy then in a few weeks by selling one of the expensive mids

• Registered Users Posts: 15,240 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

There are talks that Son has an elbow injury and will require surgery.

• Advertisement

Aguero to Jiminez and doucore to son if you have the money .

Ya I can do this and have money ITB. Hopefully a nice goodbye present from Kun tonight. Now that city aren’t in the league title race is that why people are ok being Cityless?
    or digne to boly and dendonker to traore.

Had a bit of a brain fart while ago. It’s Sidibe I have not Digne

Ya I can do this and have money ITB. Hopefully a nice goodbye present from Kun tonight. Now that city aren’t in the league title race is that why people are ok being Cityless?

Had a bit of a brain fart while ago. It’s Sidibe I have not Digne

Leicester away , blank, utd away, burnley home , blank is their next 5. Burnley at home is 3 days before they play Real so will aguero even play that game. Their is a chance of a city dgw in 29 being the only worry.

FitzShane wrote: »
    There are talks that Son has an elbow injury and will require surgery.

Just confirmed he’s out for “a number of weeks”

Tears up wildcard Plans

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Son injury takes away temptation to ditch KDB/Mane for him.

Easy transfer now...
    Tosun/Perez out
    Jimenez/Hayden out

Tosun/Perez were being rotated anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 9,619 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Had some half baked plan for Auba out for Son for a hit so that injury is probably no a bad thing in FPL terms.

Probably Boly in for Cathcart now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Last time Son was supsended I got Alli. I will not be making that mistake again. I'll need to wildcard now, too much dead weight in my team

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

siblers wrote: »
    Last time Son was supsended I got Alli. I will not be making that mistake again. I'll need to wildcard now, too much dead weight in my team

Am looking to see who I get in, Alli was top of the list, theres f**k all options

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Have 4 players blanking in GW28 currently

Aguero, KDB, Grealish and Lundstram. Out of those Lundstram will have to be shipped out (had since GW1) most likely for Boly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Porthallian

I currently have 5 blanking for G28 in KdB, Aguero, Douglas.L, Lundy and Henderson.

Redmond and Kelly injured. Fodder GK.

Only have 7 probable starters:
    Robertson, Soy, Rico
    Salah, Traore
    Vardy, Ings

Might be time to WC....
    0.2m and 1ft.

No idea :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Son news is annoying: I already used up my transfer on the defence. Took a hit last gameweek and not keen on doing another one.

Going to hold off on any decision until these midweek games are out of the way. Nightmare scenario would be KDB and Salah picking up injuries too.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭macraignil

Going to bank the transfer I think. Have four players blanking in week 28 and Hayden seems to have lost his starting spot at Newcastle to Bentaleb so is only likely to get a point as a late sub. Aquero, and Grealish most likely to go with Lundstram and De Bruyne with too much built up value to make swapping out make sense. Thinking Grealish and Hayden to Saint Maximin and Jorginho and just have the bench players blanking but also could offload Grealish and Aguero which allows a lot of other options. Who are the best players to bring in for week 28?

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

Thinking maybe Son to Traore which frees up funds to strengthen elsewhere. Ali and Martial are possible options but neither are consistent enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Plan is to do Aguero & Greenwood out for Ings & Jimenez for a -4. Holding off until after tonight's match though, so Jimenez going up last night was a little annoying.

Pope Foster
    Vardy Ings Aguero

I’ve 2ft and .9 itb

If I do Kun to Jiminez as previously advised I’ll have 5.1 itb.

Perhaps Sidibe too Boly which leaves 5.7 itb bank to upgrade else where and would leave me happy for now, with my team. But money itb doesn’t score you points so I’m back to square 1

If the city double gets confirmed I might get Ederson in

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Pope Foster
    Vardy Ings Aguero

I’ve 2ft and .9 itb

If I do Kun to Jiminez as previously advised I’ll have 5.1 itb.

Perhaps Sidibe too Boly which leaves 5.7 itb bank to upgrade else where and would leave me happy for now, with my team. But money itb doesn’t score you points so I’m back to square 1

If the city double gets confirmed I might get Ederson in
    If the city double gets confirmed you'd hardly sell Aguero would you?

Shedite27 wrote: »
    If the city double gets confirmed you'd hardly sell Aguero would you?

He won’t play both
    We all know it !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

How are people about the likelihood of Traore starting the next 3/4 games for Wolves?

Worried they'll save him for Europa league with his shoulder problem?

Looking for a Son replecement and have Mane and Salah.. There no attractive midfeild options I can see outside him.. I'm actually considering Zaha if i don't go Traore, he's been pretty crap all season but Palace have easy games and need points - he might decide to up it for the end of the season..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

km79 wrote: »
    He won’t play both
    We all know it !

If anything, this potential double is making me more likely to get rid of Aguero. Can't be dealing with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭loadwire

Looking for a Son replecement and have Mane and Salah.. There no attractive midfeild options I can see outside him.. I'm actually considering Zaha if i don't go Traore, he's been pretty crap all season but Palace have easy games and need points - he might decide to up it for the end of the season..

Yep slim enough pickings in midfield below the top guys. I just did Mane to Son which worked out last week but nobody's really standing out as a Son downgrade. Might go Traore but I am thinking of getting Doherty in next week and already have Jimi and Dendoncker so don't want to block that. So now I'm tempted by Bruno Fernandes as a mad punt. Martial is probably the obvious Utd option but I don't trust him not to get injured.

Advertisement