Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

**First Years 2013-2014**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Corrib seems to be the place to meet first years.

Its full though, including the waiting list

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Then get a good tent and camp on the lawn :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Nkerr

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Its full though, including the waiting list

so whats the next best thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 pinkfairylady

Nkerr wrote: »
    so whats the next best thing?

i got dunaras its handy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Nkerr

i got dunaras its handy enough

was looking there too, took a few years out so going back to first yr and havnt a breeze about galway! is the accomodation on the NUIG site the best for the craic etc? was looking on daft.ie or is that just nuts?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 pinkfairylady

Nkerr wrote: »
    was looking there too, took a few years out so going back to first yr and havnt a breeze about galway! is the accomodation on the NUIG site the best for the craic etc? was looking on daft.ie or is that just nuts?

im sure there will be craic where ever you go its galway after all :-)

im sure there will be craic where ever you go its galway after all :-)

This.

Wheres the best place to meet other first years after Corrib Village

Me. Im thinking of starting up Cool and the Gang. I'll be Cool and the rest of NUIG can be the gang.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 ladie

looch_et wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

been following this thread and thought I'd join boards :D
    I'll be living in corrib village and sharing a room with a complete stranger so I thought I'd join and meet some people here xD

Im a girl sharing a room too...proper worried I'll b stuck in with some snob but sure what can ye do :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Found This Fork Sir

Accepted the course, CS&IT, sorted.

Accepted the course, CS&IT, sorted.

And so did I so I no longer have to kill you.

And so did I so I no longer have to kill you.

That is very good indeed! Although perhaps now you'll decide you might want to kill me around exam times, you seem to have a violent streak.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭RoutineBites

Kate7464 wrote: »
    Where did ye get the house? :)

Well I'm not exactly prepared to give the address out. But the house is in the Mervue area. The main reason for the location being that two of the lads are going to GMIT. Bit of a walk I know, but I am 18 not 80.
    The thing about living with lads from school is that some people tend to just stick to that group and don't attempt to make new friends because it's easier just to stay with the friends you've already made.

Fair point. Won't be allowing myself to let it happen though. :)

We'll cross that bridge when we meet it.

• Advertisement

We'll cross that bridge when we meet it.

Ominous. Maybe I should just do away with you altogether for the sake of an easy life..

Ah but then there is no drama, no excitement!

You do make a valid point! It would almost be like the Joker without Batman, where would the fun be in that?

Please, apart from Corrib village wheres the best place to meet other first years?

Anywhere. Orientation, weekend out, lectures. Like a fifth of the city is bloody students. Where do you not go?

• Advertisement

Anywhere. Orientation, weekend out, lectures. Like a fifth of the city is bloody students. Where do you not go?

I meant accomadation wise, Gort na Corribe maybe? Im just nnot much of a going out person

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

HugsiePie wrote: »
    I meant accommodation wise, Gort na Corribe maybe? Im just nnot much of a going out person
    Again Anywhere really. Any accommodation like Gort, Corrib etc you should find plenty of people similar to yourself.
    If you're not the "going out person" join plenty of societies and clubs and if you find plenty of people in any club/society you join then who you live with will not matter so much

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Ernesto Guevara

Arts (History) accepted and accommodation got :) Can't wait for September!

Arts (History) accepted and accommodation got :) Can't wait for September!

Corrib or? Just want the year to start now really, be a mad laugh.

Corrib or? Just want the year to start now really, be a mad laugh.

Actually St. Enda's Rd. near enough college and city centre

closeenough.png?1317606898

closeenough.png?1317606898

Pretty much :):D

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭matthew2008

how different is the weather in galway compared to dublon/east coast in reality? does it really rain much more, think ill have to buy a new raincoat or two if its much worse

how different is the weather in galway compared to dublon/east coast in reality? does it really rain much more, think ill have to buy a new raincoat or two if its much worse

Its Ireland.

Its Ireland.
    ummmmmm yeah im aware of that?

• Advertisement

ummmmmm yeah im aware of that?

Where is there not torrential rain all year round here bar that one week of desertous sun we get. I'm fairly sure we could be classified as an aquatic species.

Where is there not torrential rain all year round here bar that one week of desertous sun we get. I'm fairly sure we could be classified as an aquatic species.

well......cant really argue with that too much haha! just always hear about how much more it rains over there, and i vaguely remember something about the west getting something like 1 and a half times more rain then the east from lc geography

The summers I spent there in the Gaeltacht I came home with bad sunburn. People got sun stroke.
    I came home to find out Dublin had been flooded.

You cant win in this country. It throws everything at you.

shorts and an umbrella it is so

I could say "Ah Jaysus you'll be washed out of it down there" but thats no different to anywhere else.

once again true. its great though that the biggest complaint irish people seem to be able to find about the place is that it may rain a bit more than other places

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭pourquoi

I'm from the East, and I can honestly say that Galway is waaaaay wetter than the East Coast. Invest in rain gear. And hats and scarves. The winter cold in Galway is much more cutting than the cold in the east--it's damper and "gets inside your bones", to use the mammy cliché.

At least its warmer than the north slightly. But srz. You need a rain jacket everywhere in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭MissD93

got my second choice see you all in 2015 :(

• Advertisement

Why 2 years?

my degree is 2 years in sligo and the last one in nuig , as its accredited from nuig

At least when you get here you know people from the internet :P

as dangerous as that sounds i still want the chocolate i was promised

It will be here. Waiting. Along with the alcohol.

two year old alcohol, theres no way that could end badly

• Advertisement

Call it vintage and say nahin'

I have a nice white van with lots of candy btw ;)

yeah i think being hosptilized for alcohol poisoning in my first week in nuig will be good start, and i can see this page being featured on a special episode of prime time or crime call

Sounds about right

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭NellyDean

When does arts start?

• Advertisement
Advertisement