Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**First Years 2013-2014**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

That was for competition. Now you've disgraces Cavan and Ulster.

Imagine if we ended up in the same flat :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Found This Fork Sir

****, I'm going to die. Oh well, denial all the way!

We'll be besties

I do not know how to respond to this.

Make the smart choice.

• Advertisement

Besties it is :D Please don't stab me in my sleep with that pitchfork :)

As long as you dont pull a knife :pac:

My weapon of choice is a fork, but okay, I'll misplace :D I must go to sleep, fare well future enemy bestie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭TheAlkaline

Anyone normal on this forum?

Not a hope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭MissD93

Anyone normal on this forum?

define normal

Hey its the girl that thinks all the guys are creeps.

Haiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

hi , i wrote that after a bad night at work, i didn't say all i was being general

Are you going into first year? Or are you here to advise us ikkle first years?

i'm going into 1styear , hopefully nursing ,

Staying in Corrib?

no i'm staying off campus with a few people i know

Fair enough. Wheres the nursing building?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭pourquoi

Fair enough. Wheres the nursing building?

It's Aras Moyola on North Campus. Take a gander on Google Maps. :)

MissD93 wrote: »
    define normal
    Psychology .
    a.
    approximately average in any psychological trait, as intelligence, personality, or emotional adjustment.
    b.
    free from any mental disorder; sane.

Some people here might have problem with the part "b.".. I would be one of them.

LETS GET F*CKING MENTAL! LETS GET F*CKING MENTAL! NANANANA HEY! NANANANA HEY!

• Advertisement

Some people here might have problem with the part "b.".. I would be one of them.

LETS GET F*CKING MENTAL! LETS GET F*CKING MENTAL! NANANANA HEY! NANANANA HEY!

I think nuig might be the place for me so

I'm bringing back the corrib topic. Is it really worth going there? I mean, wherever you go you will meet mates (unless you are some kind of antisocial person). But is it true that in corrib you will have the lifetime crack?
    I just wonder that if you spend a whole year in that place, and being a type of a person like me that loves to party. Will it not affect your grades too much? Also how is the whole thing with bringing mates over, it really does sound like being a prison block. A mature man not being allowed to stay with a girl for the night at his place? Madness.. (Please don't reply with a Sparta quote xD)

I'm bringing back the corrib topic. Is it really worth going there? ...But is it true that in corrib you will have the lifetime crack?
    Between 1:35 and 2:00 sums up the way I see staying in Corrib for a year:

I just wonder that if you spend a whole year in that place, and being a type of a person like me that loves to party. Will it not affect your grades too much? Also how is the whole thing with bringing mates over, it really does sound like being a prison block. A mature man not being allowed to stay with a girl for the night at his place? Madness.. (Please don't reply with a Sparta quote xD)

If you put in work then you'll get grades. Even if you stayed off campus you would end up going to the parties so same difference.

And security always sounds tight but you and I know that if you stay somewhere for a while you find ways around things.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,023 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I'd just like to say that I'm pleasantly surprised at how literate this year's First Years seem to be. Last year's seemed a complete shower of muppets.

Woo! Already exceeding expectations.

So Ficheall since I can deduce that you're not going into first year any tips for us that are? Just any small little bits?

Bleugh...

Enjoy it. It's very difficult to fail in NUIG.
    To pass your exams: Go to your tutorials, take good notes, know the answers to last year's exam papers.
    Join ChessSoc.

Ficheall wrote: »
    Join ChessSoc.

Why do I sense bias. Don't you know its against ToS to shill. :p

What definition of "shill" are you using?

I was a proud ChessSoc member while you still had your baby teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I've said it to a tonne of people on here, go to Corrib. I did and had the best year of my life.

Don't worry about the grades in 1st year, I just crammed for 2 weeks before the exams and got a 2.1.

• Advertisement

Shilling as in promoting a group as if you were an independent observer while actually being affiliated.

Advertisement