Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

I've been looking around myself to get an EV Charger as my order is expected in Feb (Like most of us). Ive gotten a quote for €1100 for a Zappi tethered unit fully installed. If you want I can send on the details!

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Dozz

I've been looking around myself to get an EV Charger as my order is expected in Feb (Like most of us). Ive gotten a quote for €1100 for a Zappi tethered unit fully installed. If you want I can send on the details!

Please do if you don't mind? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

If you could pm me too please as I’ll be looking at it soon enough

Dozz wrote: »
    Please do if you don't mind? Thanks

PM'ed

If you could pm me too please as I’ll be looking at it soon enough

PM'ed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Sam W

I got a Tesla charger (521 euro).

For the installation, mine was 12 meters from fuse board to the charger. Got quoted 300 euro from one company and got it installed within 3 days. It’s pretty much standard work and everything works fine.

I also checked with one of Tesla’s recommended electricians and was quoted 752 euro + 13.5% VAT. That works out to be 853 euro in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

Sam W wrote: »

For the installation, mine was 12 meters from fuse board to the charger. Got quoted 300 euro from one company and got it installed within 3 days. It’s pretty much standard work and everything works fine.

I also checked with one of Tesla’s recommended electricians and was quoted 752 euro + 13.5% VAT. That works out to be 853 euro in total.

can you pm me their details please?

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Dozz

Can up pm me their details please?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

By any chance would any of ye know an electrician in the midlands familiar with charger installations ? I'm Tullamore based

I installed the box and ran the cable ,sourced the RCBO. Should be qualified electrician for termination in the consumer unit for legal reasons

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

J-W wrote: »
    I installed the box and ran the cable ,sourced the RCBO. Should be qualified electrician for termination in the consumer unit for legal reasons

I don't think any RECI electrician will stand over any work not done by themselves.....

Remember he has to put his name on it, and if you did something wrong, it could ruin him professionally!

• Advertisement

I don't think any RECI electrician will stand over any work not done by themselves.....

Remember he has to put his name on it, and if you did something wrong, it could ruin him professionally!

Wouldn't be asking him to stand over anything I did . Just the final termination that he would be doing.
    I probably wire/ install / check an electrical component once or twice a week. (+20 years) Have internal company approval to do so but am not a registered domestic electrician

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

By any chance would any of ye know an electrician in the midlands familiar with charger installations ? I'm Tullamore based

If your calling anyone, just tell them its a 32a outdoor socket.
    Its the same process then to install an RCBO in the CU.

Just make sure you have the correct, safe RCBO and the sparks can connect.
    You may be frieghtening some local lads by saying its an EV charger.

Gumbo wrote: »
    If your calling anyone, just tell them its a 32a outdoor socket.
    Its the same process then to install an RCBO in the CU.

Just make sure you have the correct, safe RCBO and the sparks can connect.
    You may be frieghtening some local lads by saying its an EV charger.

Sorry I really should have said . It actually is a 32A ip outdoor socket . A fully EV charger was surplus to my requirements. Will only rarely be charging at home .Daily charge at work any sometimes on the road
    RCB was as per Tesla recommend spec

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Sorry I really should have said . It actually is a 33a ip outdoor socket . A fully EV charger was surplus to my requirements. Will only rarely be charging at home .Daily charge at work any sometimes on the road

I have the same set up.

40a RCBO in CU.
    6mm Sq cable ran to side garage.
    32a Commando Socket in garage.
    My Tesla UMC utilises this and charges at 7kw.

IF you are getting a 32a Outdoor Socket, what home charger (Granny cable) have you got? will that take 32a? Although still better to do 32a as it will future proof you should you ever fit a charger.

Gumbo wrote: »
    I have the same set up.

40a RCBO in CU.
    6mm Sq cable ran to side garage.
    32a Commando Socket in garage.
    My Tesla UMC utilises this and charges at 7kw.

IF you are getting a 32a Outdoor Socket, what home charger (Granny cable) have you got? will that take 32a? Although still better to do 32a as it will future proof you should you ever fit a charger.

I ran the the 6mm swa to the front of my house (12m) . Got the 32amp adaptor from Tesla and will use the UMC
    RCBO is a 40A type -B

can you pm me their details please?
    Dozz wrote: »
    Can up pm me their details please?

PM sent.

On a separate thread, just confirmed with Tesla over the phone that they will not lower their price :( the price reduction is just for those in the continental Europe for now.

On a separate thread, just confirmed with Tesla over the phone that they will not lower their price :( the price reduction is just for those in the continental Europe for now.

This is very disappointing. Were being lumped in with the UK which is quite frankly F*****ing insulting

• Registered Users Posts: 21,506 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I heard the same, but beware, Sandyford are generally the last to know anything.

Just got an email from Tesla as well...
    The price changes were only in select EMEA markets, not including Ireland.

Not only will our price not be reduced, it may even go up if the invoice can't be finalised before the end of Feb when the VAT reduction ends...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,506 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I think the price reductions are due to some LHD production coming from China, and/or due to currency conversion gains.
    We wouldnt get the former but we should get the latter imo

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

and in fairness, why would they reduce the price in a market where every car is sold before it even arrives in Europe!!

I dont know what the supply/demand ratio is like in these countries that got a discount, but in Ireland they probably see consistent healthy demand (at current prices).

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Just got an email from Tesla as well...

Not only will our price not be reduced, it may even go up if the invoice can't be finalised before the end of Feb when the VAT reduction ends...

You’d have to imagine this reduction will be extended by the government though. It was introduced to help business during Covid and we’ll most likely still be in lockdown come March.

Just been matched to a MIC VIN. Hopefully February Delivery is still possible!

Just been matched to a MIC VIN. Hopefully February Delivery is still possible!

Which version?

Which version?

M3 SR+

M3 SR+

Brilliant. I’m waiting on LR myself but don’t think they’re coming from China this time around.

Did you just get a text telling you or were you checking your tesla account?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Brilliant. I’m waiting on LR myself but don’t think they’re coming from China this time around.

Did you just get a text telling you or were you checking your tesla account?

The VIN seems to indicate they are from China. I was matched too, M3 LR.

Slaanesh wrote: »
    The VIN seems to indicate they are from China. I was matched too, M3 LR.

And how did you find out? I'm on my account here but no sign of a VIN :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Aph2016

Well this is promising, when did you all order? Do they email you with the VIN or do you see it when logging in to the account? Waiting on a LR Model 3.

Advertisement