Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Irish far-Right

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

GT89 wrote: »
    Far right is just a smear term used by those used by supporters of international finance capitalism. Being anti immigration for example is actully a left wing viewpoint as immigration is known to drive down working conditions and create a race to the bottom.

The people who call people "far right", "racist" and "nazis" all claim to stand with the oppressed whilst drinking overpriced Starbucks Coffee and videoing their persuits on the latest iphone
    Absolute nonsense, and quite a loaded term as well. You seem to be claiming that the "far right" simply doesn't exist.

Being against immigration is not inherently left wing, no. Is your argument that the protest in Dublin was actually a left wing protest? That they're not far right?

What do you think of people who believe that 5G has caused coronavirus and is a form of mind control?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

GT89 wrote:
    Far right is just a smear term used by those used by supporters of international finance capitalism. Being anti immigration for example is actully a left wing viewpoint as immigration is known to drive down working conditions and create a race to the bottom.

Its actually our political and economic ideologies that have been increasing worker insecurities, that both the left and right have been indulging in over the last few decades, little or nothing to do with the usual scapegoats, I.e. the foreigners, the welfare class, those that fail engage in personal responsibility etc etc

Wouldn't be worrying too much about anti-maskers, there's a good chance many will catch the virus, that might soften their cough!

I think we should have lots of immigration, lots of far left protestors , lots of far right protesters, no taxes, better weather, legal heroin, a cash back recycling system, no government and leave Europe to join the Arab league.

Errr emmm okay.....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,747 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

No, but the far-right are trying their best to recruit from the antimask protests. Thankfully, the Irish far-right is a cult led by the likes of Justin Barrett and Niall McConnell, which pretty much ensures its marginality.

If they had brains and charisma they'd be dangerous.

Protest is at 2. Dont be late

Thankfully I've life to be living

• Advertisement

its difficult to see an overarching agenda other than marches, inarticulate fury, a somewhat garbled appeal to return to unidentified better days when they could do what they wanted without any fear of reprisals, and flags

do these lads realise that they are basically unionists

its difficult to see an overarching agenda other than marches, inarticulate fury, a somewhat garbled appeal to return to unidentified better days when they could do what they wanted without any fear of reprisals, and flags

do these lads realise that they are basically unionists

Unionists have a defined agenda.

This rabble doesn't. Probably closer to Brexiteer Gammon but still not a good comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

its difficult to see an overarching agenda other than marches, inarticulate fury, a somewhat garbled appeal to return to unidentified better days when they could do what they wanted without any fear of reprisals

But enough about PBP......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Who are the people that were surrounded? I saw one person with blood on their face after being assaulted.

They must be known to the protesters given the reaction they got or did they antagonize them into a reaction?

What's the story here

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,115 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Easy targets for the big brave flag wavers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,022 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

There isn't really much of an Irish far right as of yet, don't get me wrong there are people who hold very troubling beliefs and values of course but there is not the level of organisation or numbers for it to be anything more than the fringe element of society it is thankfully. That will change though of course and will become a larger problem but the looney toon anti mask and anti vaccine brigade are a different kettle of fish. You ways have these people, it's a sad fact of life.

Some people are too ignorant, some people are led down a wrong path by those who can profit from that ignorance in some way. That's been the way of the world always.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Funny how these play the victim types keep the camera rolling.
    Some sort of pre planned insertion into this crowd to provoke the kind of reaction they wanted.

Both are as bad as each other imo, if you're looking for trouble, you're likely to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,847 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Who are the people that were surrounded? I saw one person with blood on their face after being assaulted.

They must be known to the protesters given the reaction they got or did they antagonize them into a reaction?

What's the story here
    So your defence is she was asking for it?
    https://twitter.com/IzzyKamikaze/status/1304885205858222080?s=09

The guy without the mask i.e. the ringleader in that video btw is Craig Fitzsimmons....have a look at him what a lovely character, a serial abuser and online harasser.

gmisk wrote: »
    So your defence is she was asking for?

Hold your horses there pal. I said no such thing. I'm not on any side and simply asked about the facts of the story if they were known.

Reported

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Vieira82

please! let them continue with the protests! I would go as far as telling them they can all protest in a large warehouse too, offer them free food to protest there and incite them to dance, shake hands, kiss one another and don't respect any social distance. I am all up for it. :)

Hold your horses there pal. I said no such thing. I'm not on any side and simply asked about the facts of the story if they were known.

Reported
    I have a question mark in my comment...as do you...report away.

There is other footage btw at other angles, there is no defence for physical violence, there were seemingly two women (one of them ended up with a nasty gash on her head) versus a large group of men led by Craig Fitzsimmons...

I have a question mark in my comment...as do you...report away.

There is other footage btw at other angles, there is no defence for physical violence, there were seemingly two women (one of them ended up with a nasty gash on her head) versus a large group of men led by Craig Fitzsimmons...

If you know the names of those involved you should report it to the police

If you know the names of those involved you should report it to the police
    He has already been reported by multiple people to the gardai, he has a long history as I said.

He has already been reported by multiple people to the gardai, he has a long history as I said.

Good news. You should also report him. The more people that do so the stronger the case. Did you see that "Craig "individual assault the lady?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

The so called "far-right" will continue to grow when we let crazy ideologies that deny science take hold in Ireland along with PC nonsense and cancel culture. All of those things are just going to push more and more people into far right groups.

• Advertisement

The so called "far-right" will continue to grow when we let crazy ideologies that deny science take hold in Ireland along with PC nonsense and cancel culture. All of those things are just going to push more and more people into far right groups.

ah cant see it growing that much, we re not that stupid, yet!

Wanderer78 wrote: »

Both FF and FG are centre right parties. Since the foundation of the state one or the other (now both) have always been in power. Therefore the Irish political psyche is centre or centre right. A push further to the right wouldn't be unthinkable.

Countries such as Denmark and Austria have governments that are considered by some to be far right. They are doing just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

Reported
    You asked if she antagonised the attackers. A pretty cumbersome attempt at victim shaming.

You can report my post too if you like.

You asked if she antagonised the attackers. A pretty cumbersome attempt at victim shaming.

You can report my post too if you like.

Questions are still permitted.

Both FF and FG are centre right parties. Since the foundation of the state one or the other (now both) have always been in power. Therefore the Irish political psyche is centre or centre right. A push further to the right wouldn't be unthinkable.

Countries such as Denmark and Austria have governments that are considered by some to be far right. They are doing just fine.

ffg are both economically to the right, but not socially, both are slowly moving to more liberal leanings socially, at the moment, at cant see ireland moving to either extremes, thank god

ffg are both economically to the right, but not socially, both are slowly moving to more liberal leanings socially, at the moment, at cant see ireland moving to either extremes, thank god

True enough. Extremes are never good news in the long run

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Forrachmore

You cant discuss open borders mass immigration in the MSM

You cant discuss open borders mass immigration in the MSM

why, shur we dont truly have such an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

I think we all know that was bullsh1t.

Not in the slightest.
    There was a damn knights of Templar flag in the centre of the march

Along with the clearly far right lunatics looking for a fight ag the dail with there flags on two-by-fours

Some were at the match simply because they’re anti 4G, any masks anti everything idiots

A lot were at the March as they are far right neo nazis who are ‘Ireland first’ anti LGBT and a danger to our socketed who wanted to fight, as they are accepted openly by the earlier mentioned idiots

When you are protesting journalists who fact check things you should not be accepted in any sense, and you are 200% far right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

I don't know about that we already seem stupid enough to deny science when you can no longer say that a man is a man and a woman is a woman without getting attacked because you don't believe that a man can magically change into a woman or vice versa.

Once we start denying science and attacking people that believe in it then anything is fair game IMO. We're setting a dangerous precedent by allowing this to happen.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement