Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm Thinking of Ending Things [Netflix]

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Beersmith

tastyt wrote: »
    What an absolute load of bollocks .

Some people just don't get it and get all bothered and then call things bollocks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

begbysback wrote: »
    Looks really interesting, had been searching through Netflix for watchable stuff lately but completely missed this.

Looks from the trailer that you may need to bring your brain along for this one, so probably not suitable for the gogglebox regulars.

I'm a Googlebox regular, and loved this, though I think I know what you mean. It would probably be pegged as belonging in the 'arty' section, as a code for 'pretentious'- what with it's philosophical leanings and unconventional narrative- but really it's a clever mystery drama. Definitely not for those that like to be spoon-fed explanations and answers (though Gogglebox watchers need not necessarily be put off :))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭kerplun k

begbysback wrote: »
    Looks really interesting, had been searching through Netflix for watchable stuff lately but completely missed this.

Looks from the trailer that you may need to bring your brain along for this one, so probably not suitable for the gogglebox regulars.

No need for the brain. Like most decent flixs, turning the phone off and paying attention does the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭tastyt

Ah the old if you didn’t like it you didn’t really understand it . Of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

I'm a Googlebox regular, and loved this, though I think I know what you mean. It would probably be pegged as belonging in the 'arty' section, as a code for 'pretentious'- what with it's philosophical leanings and unconventional narrative- but really it's a clever mystery drama. Definitely not for those that like to be spoon-fed explanations and answers (though Gogglebox watchers need not necessarily be put off :))

Just finished watching it there, the reason I didn’t see it on Netflix is likely because I only had a 65% match. Over 2 hours long and that’s noticeable, if it’s going to go a bit tales of the unexpected then 2 hours is too long, felt like giving up a few times during those 2 hours but stuck it out and strangely glad I did. Think this film needs to sink in first before I try make sense of it but first judgements would be that the dialogue between them overall is pretty good though changes rapidly, and that some parts are really empty and it didn’t hold my concentration a number of times.

What this film really needs is it’s own YouTube explanation on Like Stories of Old, really hope he does a review if this because I’m a bit lost, though I have a feeling the director intended that I would be.

And no disrespect intended to the gogglebox regulars, but you are watching people watching the tv. Actually no, you are watching people acting like they are watching the tv!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Beersmith

tastyt wrote: »
    Ah the old if you didn’t like it you didn’t really understand it . Of course

Or the old i didn't understand it so its bollocks.......

You were so eloquent in explaining why it was bollocks.

If you can't even post anything of substance then it is no surprise why people will dismiss you.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,374 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

hayoc wrote: »
    Looks interesting. I like Jessie Buckley, very compelling screen presence.

She is a great actress, one of best working today imho, must catch this soon

Advertisement