Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FI Charts ( T120+ onwards) Spring 2020 **READ MOD NOTE IN FIRST POST**

1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

ECM 12Z holding the improved charts from around Fri , warmth slow to build but better outlook from this run showing temperatures going from the mid to high teens around Fri and getting up to the low to mid 20's by the following Weds. More settled and drier if it verifies.

CVcfQL0.gif

5WIGLgj.gif

RN0rewU.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,959 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I hope the ECM is on to something. I really need a few days dry weather to get the meadow cut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,666 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

I hope the ECM is on to something. I really need a few days dry weather to get the meadow cut.

Still wouldn't place hedge bets on this verifying yet. It all seems a few days at best to me with how everything lines up including this Arctic high that continues to accelerate sea ice melt. The temperature contrast coming out of Newfoundland playing a role too although with a strong Azores ridge, this shouldn't matter and would actually amplify a settled pattern provided the jet plays along.

In terms of temperatures, may look cool due to the airmass contained but in the high summer sunshine if we do get any (yes we are in high summer even though recent inclement weather would make you think otherwise!), they should respond nicely to pleasant levels of low 20s provided a lack of onshore sea breezes. If we held off the Atlantic trough long enough which ECM does, I'd say mid-20s would be likely as the wind tilts more to a southeasterly direction by mid-week but I'd say this is an unlikely option for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,666 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

GFS 12z followed ECM 0z in flattening the high pressure as soon as Monday next. ECM 12z follows on from this with a showery upper trough reintroducing a northwesterly for a time on Tuesday but then high pressure takes over again immediately with this trough being weak. Looks like this high is inflated from an upper trough descending towards Iberia and Arctic ridging looks to weaken. In fact, ECM to me looks like a pattern that would be more conducive to prolonged dry conditions although still think this is an unlikely option.

GEM is similar in the high weakening fairly quickly next week but manages to keep a ridge that looks like reinvigorating at the end to something similar to the ECM if we could go on a day or two forward. Also looks quite warm.

Trend still going for a more settled period but day to day keeps changing on the details and I feel it's important to keep this all in mind.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Outlook looking a lot better than of late I would think. No scorcher but coming in about average or a bit above for the time of year. Not all dry but better , less windy and more settled conditions. Looks like high teens for a few days touching 20 in places, close to mid 20's at the end of the run still showing up.

ET043Sw.gif

CRMkZko.gif

v57WS8w.gif

anim_amx4.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭new2tri19

if you change thread title to Summer instead of Spring things might start to change .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

new2tri19 wrote: »
    if you change thread title to Summer instead of Spring things might start to change .

I'll be closing this thread instead, we have a Summer 2020 thread which hasn't been posted on much: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058082854

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement