Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Year...... New TV series

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I love the Strike books, must try and give this a watch, actually!!
    Loughc wrote: »
    Any binge-able series recommendations? At a bind for the next 2 weeks.
    Have you watched 'Humans'?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    I love the Strike books, must try and give this a watch, actually!!

Have you watched 'Humans'?

No I have not. Any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Any binge-able series recommendations? At a bind for the next 2 weeks.

I highly recommend the police procedural "Bosch" which is on Amazon Prime if you have access to it. Based on the books of the same name written by Michael Connelly. There are a number of seasons and the main star, Titus Welliver is cold, broody and perfect for the role.:D I was gutted when I finished the series!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

PaulT21 wrote: »
    I highly recommend the police procedural "Bosch" which is on Amazon Prime if you have access to it. Based on the books of the same name written by Michael Connelly. There are a number of seasons and the main star, Titus Welliver is cold, broody and perfect for the role.:D I was gutted when I finished the series!:(

If half as good as the books then definitely worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I thought it was excellent. I hope that if they can't make more full series, some once off movies would be a treat.

* This is not a criticism of Bosch, just a general view:
    Everything these days seems to be series series series but some stories work best in 90 - 120 minutes.
    In the 80s and 90s we had the opposite problem, of books being shredded to fit into film length with no time to breathe or develop complexity.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Strictly live shows set to start on Saturday 24th October with the launch show on Saturday 17th October.

To fill the gap they will air Strictly best ofs starting the 19th of September

https://www.tvzoneuk.com/post/strictly-start-dates-confirmed

Feels like we’ve reached another Christmas milestone.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Strictly live shows set to start on Saturday 24th October with the launch show on Saturday 17th October.

To fill the gap they will air Strictly best ofs starting the 19th of September

https://www.tvzoneuk.com/post/strictly-start-dates-confirmed

Feels like we’ve reached another Christmas milestone.

I know these types of show, like Strictly, BGT etc bring joy to millions of people but I would rather watch wallpaper dry than anything like those:P:confused:

I know these types of show, like Strictly, BGT etc bring joy to millions of people but I would rather watch wallpaper dry than anything like those:P:confused:

Pure Saturday night entertainment. I’ll be tuning in anyway :)

Absolute rubbish TV. :rolleyes:

I'll be watching. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,156 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Strictly and GBBO = can't miss TV milestones on the way to Christmas in our house.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Absolute rubbish TV. :rolleyes:

I'll be watching. :D

You and my wife would get on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

"Us" - adapted from David Nicholls' book - starts on 20 Sept on BBC One.
    With Tom Hollander and Saskia Reeves.
    I have read the book only about a month ago and enjoyed it - wonder if it will do it justice - I will be watching it

otnomart wrote: »
    "Us" - adapted from David Nicholls' book - starts on 20 Sept on BBC One.
    With Tom Hollander and Saskia Reeves.
    I have read the book only about a month ago and enjoyed it - wonder if it will do it justice - I will be watching it

Oooh I managed to read a tiny snippet without giving too much away and it sounds like one I'd enjoy, Tom Hollander is usually entertaining :)

Oooh I managed to read a tiny snippet without giving too much away and it sounds like one I'd enjoy, Tom Hollander is usually entertaining :)
    I am a fan of his, I find him very good in both comic and dramatic roles

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2020/0908/1163940-late-late-toy-show-opening-number-unguessable/

Anyone care to take a guess at the Late Late Toy Show opening song?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Me too. :D

I think it started 27th August last year, so it's not even too far behind schedule!

Me too. :D

I think it started 27th August last year, so it's not even too far behind schedule!

Just means it'll finish closer to Christmas... which works for me :D

So the Den is coming back. In November on rte one 6.30pm on Sunday nights. Right up to Christmas.

https://www.thejournal.ie/the-den-coming-back-to-rte-5211987-Sep2020/

Remember the den Christmas specials.

Really enjoyed the first two episodes of Us.
    Yesterday started watching Life, also on BBC1, finding it quite good also.

• Advertisement

I have it recorded, will try give it a watch when I have time. It looks decent. :)

That David Tennent series, 'Des' starts next week on Virgin Media One. It looks very good, albeit chilling!

I have it recorded, will try give it a watch when I have time. It looks decent. :)

That David Tennent series, 'Des' starts next week on Virgin Media One. It looks very good, albeit chilling!

I love watching David Tennant he’s brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I love watching David Tennant he’s brilliant.

I haven't seen it since original airing, but still remember first impression he made as troubled patient Campbell in Taking Over the Asylum (1994).

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

I know theres a few David Tennant fans on here so his new drama 'Des' about the notorious serial killer Dennis Nielsen starts tonight at 10.00pm.
    Its probably already been on ITV but havent seen it yet myself, looking forward to it as I tend to like David Tennant's stuff.

Now the Christmas tv is over for another season new shows will make their way back for new seasons.

The Voice U.K. is back tonight on Virgin Media One.

The masked singer season 2 continues tonight on virgin media one too. Great cheesy Saturday night fun.

Beat the chasers is back tomorrow night and Mond-Friday prime time Virgin media one.

Married at first sight Australia is back on E4 on Monday night.

Ireland’s fittest families back tomorrow night on RTÉ one.

Can't believe The Voice is back, didn't it just end?!

Can't believe The Voice is back, didn't it just end?!

Yes because similar to BGT it took a break before the live shows in case COVID was going to go away. But that didn’t work....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Now the Christmas tv is over for another season new shows will make their way back for new seasons.

The Voice U.K. is back tonight on Virgin Media One.

The masked singer season 2 continues tonight on virgin media one too. Great cheesy Saturday night fun.

Beat the chasers is back tomorrow night and Mond-Friday prime time Virgin media one.

Married at first sight Australia is back on E4 on Monday night.

Ireland’s fittest families back tomorrow night on RTÉ one.

Not being a fan of reality tv that is a depressing lineup.

Jude13 wrote: »

Each to their own. I like the light entertainment shows nothing too heavy I find they help me switch off and relax without having to be too invested in them.

• Advertisement

Jude13 wrote: »

Normally im not either, but with so little new content atm any port in a storm.

Actually enjoying the masked singer atm, we watch it with the kids and get a laugh from it. Normally I'd never bother.

Advertisement