Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead (Season 5.5) will contain spoilers

Options
  • 30-01-2015 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭

Season 6 Season 5.5 is almost upon us,

Spoilers - do not ever post spoilers prior to at least the US airdate
    Comic book spoilers should also be tagged with spoilers.

Speculation is welcome!

Cant wait to get back into this :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,017 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Finally caught up with the damn thing, having started watching from episdoes one a few months ago, so looking forward to it as it airs for a change :D

The only think I have a bit of waning interest in is tha fact that ehre doesn't seem to be a final end point, or destination. If it carries on for that, I fear audiences will wane a bit.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

they appear to have touched on that goal in the trailer, but i dunno.. they seem to be just transient zombie killers right now, they really do need a plan, and Washington is shot to hell with whathisname's admission last season. Pretty sure they'll take half the season getting there again but hey, i'm along for the ride anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Eh? This isn't season six, it's the second half of season 5.

6 Begins filming in May :pac:

pretty sure it's six, imdb is saying it is anyway, but i cant keep up with all these half seasons :D

crap yeah, you're right, i'll go fix the title

they appear to have touched on that goal in the trailer, but i dunno.. they seem to be just transient zombie killers right now, they really do need a plan, and Washington is shot to hell with whathisname's admission last season. Pretty sure they'll take half the season getting there again but hey, i'm along for the ride anyway :)

... but if it turns out to be another dead end a la Terminus or Washington, then we just have the same scenario.

• Advertisement

maybe mental Morgan will finally catch up with the group and tell them about some place that's safe, he's been out there longer than most and alone, he also would have heard the last radio and tv broadcasts, so he might have an idea.. then again.. maybe not :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭username000

Yeah the problem with the Walking Dead (and all zombie apocalypse shows or films) is that you only have a few options after the initial event and immediate scramble in the following weeks.

1: Transient zombie killers - gets boring and slowly the group gets picked off, dies of injury/disease/old age, gains the odd new member(s) and fights or befriends other groups. Gets very samey as theres only so many adventures to be had.

2: Settlement - fortify somewhere, settle down, start farming and coming up with new ways of keeping the zombies out. Soap opera in the post zombie apocalypse.

3: Cure. Find the cure, kill all the zombies. Then you end up with either (1) or (2) above except without the zombies.

Not really sure what else you can do with a show like this. The interesting part is the immediate aftermath. Its gets kinda boring then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

Yeah the problem with the Walking Dead (and all zombie apocalypse shows or films) is that you only have a few options after the initial event and immediate scramble in the following weeks.

1: Transient zombie killers - gets boring and slowly the group gets picked off, dies of injury/disease/old age, gains the odd new member(s) and fights or befriends other groups. Gets very samey as theres only so many adventures to be had.

2: Settlement - fortify somewhere, settle down, start farming and coming up with new ways of keeping the zombies out. Soap opera in the post zombie apocalypse.

3: Cure. Find the cure, kill all the zombies. Then you end up with either (1) or (2) above except without the zombies.

Not really sure what else you can do with a show like this. The interesting part is the immediate aftermath. Its gets kinda boring then.

I was only saying this the other day. The first few seasons the characters are all still in shock and I think you can kind of relate to that. When your watching your thinking '****, imagine' but later they are more experienced than you would be and they are not human how we know them. They are survivors.

I think obviously though there will be more shocks in store, and its more shocking how people actually treat each other in a crisis than the zombies.

I can re-watch the first 2 series over and over but the other series I tend to just watch once or twice. I think its because I find the whole shock value interesting. When Rick wakes up in the hospital and its like 'wtf just happened'. I think that's why people love the Morgan Character so much. Because he was just hiding out in his house with his son, mourning the loss of his wife.

Its different now when something happens because you expect the worst for them all the time.

I do think they need a bit more romance or at least sex though haha. Rick really needs to get some. Him and Michonne would so have got it on already if that was real life. Although Michonne is a bit of an ice queen ;)

also I think they need to bring characters in, have a significant part in maybe one of two episodes and then bring them back. For some reason, I like that.

Meryl and Morgan obviously but remember the blonde guy and girl with no leg who carol and rick met at the house. We see the guy again at terminus where he is killed.

I often wonder if the girl and guy had previously escaped terminus (her missing leg) and they captured him again later on after rick and carol met them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭username000

Yeah the shock value was great for the first couple of seasons.

They could definitely do with more sex. In a real apocalypse people would be riding furiously. And raping.

I miss Merle. He was probably my favourite character. Perfect for the situation, even the loss of a hand only gave him an opportunity to have a permanent zombie killing weapon strapped on!

Also, surely at done point the zombies become too decomposed to be a threat anymore? Obviously there is new zombies when people due but the original massive wave of humanity that died must be getting pretty rotten now!

• Advertisement

Saralee4 wrote: »
    I was only saying this the other day. The first few seasons the characters are all still in shock and I think you can kind of relate to that. When your watching your thinking '****, imagine' but later they are more experienced than you would be and they are not human how we know them. They are survivors.

I think obviously though there will be more shocks in store, and its more shocking how people actually treat each other in a crisis than the zombies.

I can re-watch the first 2 series over and over but the other series I tend to just watch once or twice. I think its because I find the whole shock value interesting. When Rick wakes up in the hospital and its like 'wtf just happened'. I think that's why people love the Morgan Character so much. Because he was just hiding out in his house with his son, mourning the loss of his wife.

Its different now when something happens because you expect the worst for them all the time.

I do think they need a bit more romance or at least sex though haha. Rick really needs to get some. Him and Michonne would so have got it on already if that was real life. Although Michonne is a bit of an ice queen ;)

Michonne is saving herself for when Carl turns 18. That'll be season 10 by my count.

Michonne is saving herself for when Carl turns 18. That'll be season 10 by my count.

eww no way! I hadn't got a problem with beth and daryl even though some people seemed to but Carl and Michonne no no no!

Carls character gets on my nerves so I hope he dies a virgin :P

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Liquidchild

Carl seriously needs to get chewed on very very soon, its fairly obvious that Rick dies at some stage and his son will take over. Scenes

Carl seriously needs to get chewed on very very soon, its fairly obvious that Rick dies at some stage and his son will take over. Scenes

uh.. okay :D

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

Even in death Beth still gets to sing
    Going to spoiler this bit as Im early posting here, really dont recommend reading it unless you've already seen it
    I can't believe they got rid of Tyrese in the way they did, I mean how did the zombie open the door and get up to him without noticing. I have to say that last image of the grave really got to me

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Plastic Cavanman

Really looking forward to 5.5 starting up. Defo needs more sex though.

I don't think they will do this but I'd like a bit more episodes like the webisodes where you have an unusual story, new people, bit about their history and how they came to survive incorporating our main characters in somehow.

So excited for tonight tho.

I think they should bring in another man for Maggie. Is she not bored of Glen yet? I know I am haha :) ah no I like Glen but his character is getting slightly boring.

That was..
    sad. Bloody hell, Tyreese got the best send off since Meryl

so,
    back to Washington then

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Plastic Cavanman

I haven't seen the webisodes. Are they hard to track down?

I haven't seen the webisodes. Are they hard to track down?

I can't remember what site I watched them on but I really enjoyed them. There are 3 of them.

• Advertisement

The webisodes are a bit cheap though but good different stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Now that was a shocker of an episode. I was shouting at the tv.
    bushball wrote: »
    Even in death Beth still gets to sing
    I can't believe they got rid of Tyrese in the way they did, I mean how did the zombie open the door and get up to him without noticing. I have to say that last image of the grave really got to me
    Hmmm... did Noah open the door....? There's a something about him I don't trust...

Agreed on Beth. Shut up will ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

Barna77 wrote: »
    Now that was a shocker of an episode. I was shouting at the tv.
    Hmmm... did Noah open the door....? There's a something about him I don't trust...

Agreed on Beth. Shut up will ye.

Think the zombie kid was in one of those bathrooms with 2 doors so he came out the other door.

What was the story with the chopped up torsos?

What was the story with the chopped up torsos?

No idea, some of them had W carved into their heads too, and the spraypainted sign "Wolves are near" might be some gang or something

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Poor
    tyreese :(

How do you do spoiler?

How long after an episode do you hide spoilers on this thread usually?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Click on the black spoiler tags

How do you do spoiler?

How long after an episode do you hide spoilers on this thread usually?

as a courtesy people are using spoilers until the EU airdate, which is damn nice of them :)

[ SPOILER ] without spaces [ /SPOILER ] or click the spoiler icon on the top right when you're typing you message (not sure on mobile) while the highlighted text is selected

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭frostypants

Spoilers are a balls on touch.boards though

Advertisement