Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DP World Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

First Up wrote: »
    Fair comment and they did well to have it anywhere. The reduced prize fund was a big factor too.

As Toby Tree said the only difference between it and the challenge tour events there was they got a steak after the round last week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Last week. From what I've heard only 4 Rolex events next year and the Irish open has been dropped. Think the off the ball lads had it.

Was a good podcast this week. They seemed to think the European tour was in danger of folding altogether. I hope it doesn't but its hard for it to compete against the PGA tour.

Was it 1 in the top 30 of the OWGR in Scotland this week? and its meant to one of the big comps on the tour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

etxp wrote: »
    Was a good podcast this week. They seemed to think the European tour was in danger of folding altogether. I hope it doesn't but its hard for it to compete against the PGA tour.

Was it 1 in the top 30 of the OWGR in Scotland this week? and its meant to one of the big comps on the tour.

Fleetwood, World Number 17, although that was prior to the tournament so he may move up slightly after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

What’s the story with Jordan Smith & tyrell Hatton wearing hoodies?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Seve OB wrote: »
    What’s the story with Jordan Smith & tyrell Hatton wearing hoodies?

Sponsor paying them plenty of money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Sponsor paying them plenty of money

Ah I know that, but I mean hoodies, cmon, on a golf course!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Seve OB wrote: »
    Ah I know that, but I mean hoodies, cmon, on a golf course!

All the rage now with the young bucks.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Hatton being a tool as usual I see, blaming everyone but himself. Hope Perez beats him here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭4Ad

Shut up Hatton you knob..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

El Sueño wrote: »
    Hatton being a tool as usual I see, blaming everyone but himself. Hope Perez beats him here

I'm willing him to blow up, Perez a class act. And JP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Hatton 3 ahead on the 71st and still moaning because he didn’t hole from off the green. He’s a pain in the hole.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

It is really uncouth and intrusive there the camera sticking its nose in on Hatton being congratulated by his aul pair.

Sky Sports are such a gang of shight for brains, their coverage is appalling. Too many adds and then showing me live coverage of some lad having a private convo with his parents.

He won it handy and fair play to him, but give him a few minutes peace and privacy to speak to his Mum and Dad. It is ridiculous carry on.

Phenomenal stuff from Hatton he's had a great year so far.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    It is really uncouth and intrusive there the camera sticking its nose in on Hatton being congratulated by his aul pair.

Sky Sports are such a gang of shight for brains, their coverage is appalling. Too many adds and then showing me live coverage of some lad having a private convo with his parents.

He won it handy and fair play to him, but give him a few minutes peace and privacy to speak to his Mum and Dad. It is ridiculous carry on.

Every event since no fans sky have done this with the winner, it's a thing and not intrusive at all. They set it up.

What difference is it to the cameras being in the face of as players kid running onto the green to celebrate when times allow?

Remind me wrote: »
    Every event since no fans sky have done this with the winner, it's a thing and not intrusive at all. They set it up.

What difference is it to the cameras being in the face of as players kid running onto the green to celebrate when times allow?

I find it a bit cringe and awkward. Not sure what's the point of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

I find it a bit cringe and awkward. Not sure what's the point of it.

Did you cringe when Shane Lowry's dad was hugging him in Portrush?

Did you cringe when Shane Lowry's dad was hugging him in Portrush?

What has that got to do with it, he was there in portrush. If they had got his family on an awkward Skype call I'd have felt the same.

What has that got to do with it, he was there in portrush. If they had got his family on an awkward Skype call I'd have felt the same.

No player or their family will object to TV coverage, including how they celebrate winning a tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭john9876

Phenomenal stuff from Hatton he's had a great year so far.

He's in the top ten in the world now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

A decent two rounds by Padraig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Happy4all wrote: »
    A decent two rounds by Padraig

Could have been even better if putter behaved for last couple holes

Harrington gave an entertaining interview. Says his golf tips are drawing a good audience. Aimed at the casual golfer and everyone should be able to get to a single figure handicap.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Harrington gave an entertaining interview. Says his golf tips are drawing a good audience. Aimed at the casual golfer and everyone should be able to get to a single figure handicap.

They seemed to have helped his own game. I love them I must admit. I'm a big fan of Paddy in general though. One of the good guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Sky seem to be in love with Matt Wallace.

You'd swear he was a multi time major winner the way they go on about him. He's won 4 average (at best) euro tour events and nothing more.

I'd say they were sick that he didn't win today, outclassed by Otaegui who put on an iron and wedge clinic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

El Sueño wrote: »
    Sky seem to be in love with Matt Wallace.

You'd swear he was a multi time major winner the way they go on about him. He's won 4 average (at best) euro tour events and nothing more.

I'd say they were sick that he didn't win today, outclassed by Otagui who put on an iron and wedge clinic.

Remember Andrew "Beef" Johnston? They hit on a form british player, hype him up until the next one comes along. Not surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Remember Andrew "Beef" Johnston? They hit on a form british player, hype him up until the next one comes along. Not surprising.

Wallace is levels above Beef in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Wallace is levels above Beef in fairness.

He beat beef in a playoff in India, beef absolutely chucked it away, Wallace is a nothing player, loads of English journeymen on the scene, Ross Fisher and Andy Sullivan are two who come to mind, Wallace will end up like them two. Poulter is a journeyman as well, but he is a Ryder Cup hero.

Wallace is super player, top 50 in the world, 10 wins world wide already.
    Poulter 17 wins, top 50 player and Ryder cup legend, if these lads are journeymen then almost everyone else is.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

He beat beef in a playoff in India, beef absolutely chucked it away, Wallace is a nothing player, loads of English journeymen on the scene, Ross Fisher and Andy Sullivan are two who come to mind, Wallace will end up like them two. Poulter is a journeyman as well, but he is a Ryder Cup hero.

Bit harsh alright!

As an aside, I only discovered recently that Bet365 have a live leaderboard on their site that has a shot tracker incorporated, handy for seeing whats actually happening on the course rather than scores just updating on the European Tour website. Seems strange that a betting site is willing and able to have the shot tracker but the Tour itself have nothing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

Wallace is super player, top 50 in the world, 10 wins world wide already.
    Poulter 17 wins, top 50 player and Ryder cup legend, if these lads are journeymen then almost everyone else is.

"poults" is the most overrated sky hype job in history. Remember his big talk about him being up there with tiger when on his game.. 1 tournament win in the last 8 years is the very definition of journeyman.

Wallace is a different level altogether.

Advertisement