Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let's all talk about Lewis?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

rock22 wrote: »
    Are you seriously saying that we, all of us, should not support the BLM movement ?

I don't, do you know anything about the british side of the BLM movement and it's ideologies ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

I don't, do you know anything about the british side of the BLM movement and it's ideologies ?

The american side are being funded by the chinese government it came out today and the leaders are openly calling themselves trained marxists.

Their money recieved is well into the tens of millions but nobody seems to know where the money is going.

But but they have a nice name.

Theres rumours that they have openly started justifying people who have started shooting at police, dont believe in democracy unless everybody votes for the guy they want to win, and supposedly there is news circling that one of the leaders thinks black people should be allowed shoot at police and police should just accept it because they havnt earned not being shot at.

But if you dont support them you are probably racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭RurtBeynolds

The american side are being funded by the chinese government it came out today and the leaders are openly calling themselves trained marxists.

A quick google shows me a Daily Mail article about another project by a BLM co-founder partnering with another US based org that helps Chinese immigrants integrate into American society, and apparent that group has 'ties' to Chinese Government. Did I mention it was from the Daily Mail?

Seems a far cry from 'BLM are funded by the Chinese Government'. Do you have a link to a non Daily Mail source about that?
    Their money recieved is well into the tens of millions but nobody seems to know where the money is going.

But but they have a nice name.

Theres rumours that they have openly started justifying people who have started shooting at police, dont believe in democracy unless everybody votes for the guy they want to win, and supposedly there is news circling that one of the leaders thinks black people should be allowed shoot at police and police should just accept it because they havnt earned not being shot at.

Rumours... Supposedly..

ok.
    But if you dont support them you are probably racist.

If you don't support a political movement that simply aims to eradicate systemic hate and violence against black people, and would rather seek out illegitimate criticisms based on 'rumours', 'supposedly' and daily mail articles, then yeah you probably are a racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

A quick google shows me a Daily Mail article about another project by a BLM co-founder partnering with another US based org that helps Chinese immigrants integrate into American society, and apparent that group has 'ties' to Chinese Government. Did I mention it was from the Daily Mail?

Seems a far cry from 'BLM are funded by the Chinese Government'. Do you have a link to a non Daily Mail source about that?

Rumours... Supposedly..

ok.

If you don't support a political movement that simply aims to eradicate systemic hate and violence against black people, and would rather seek out illegitimate criticisms based on 'rumours', 'supposedly' and daily mail articles, then yeah you probably are a racist.

Wow, what a tragically dumb thing to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭rock22

Gintonious wrote: »
    Wow, what a tragically dumb thing to say.

No it isn't.
    If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck,then it probably is a duck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

No it isn't.

its not as simple as that. just like the people involved this isnt a black or white answer, there is a lot of wrong on both sides and a whole lot of grey in the middle

if he came out with a less birary opinion and one that was not so polarising he would get more support. he is unlucky with the BLM stuff. when he started that it was when an innocent man got murdered on the street, as time went on the truth came out and the movement evolved away from a cause that everyone could get behind . he backed hiself into a corner. instead of changing his stanse to a more equality one he doubled down and made it worse.

if he came out and said briannas death needs a proper invesigation i think he would get a better reception but how can you support a public figure making himself judge nd jury in a case like that.

whatever support lewis has is getting erroded very fast.. i dont know why he is doing this but its doing him serious harm. the vast majority of stuff online is negative about him, a while back it was 50-50 or higher. a lot of people are fed up with the crap he does

• Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

How is he making himself judge and jury by wearing a t-shirt that says "Arrest the cops who killed Breonna Taylor"?

How is he making himself judge and jury by wearing a t-shirt that says "Arrest the cops who killed Breonna Taylor"?

because he is saying they have done something wrong and that a crime has been comitted. he is saying that the investigation findings are wrong and that the people that know the facts are wrong.

i dont know the facts, neither does he but he is saying these guys are guilty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭Killinator

because he is saying they have done something wrong and that a crime has been comitted. he is saying that the investigation findings are wrong and that the people that know the facts are wrong.

i dont know the facts, neither does he but he is saying these guys are guilty.

He's saying arrest those who killed her.
    An arrest does not equal guilt, it allows a proper and thorough investigation.
    There are lots of questions to answer

Killinator wrote: »

You can only arrest someone for a crime. We dont know if one was committed.
    You dont have to arrest someone to investigate
    He is not saying let investigate , he is saying they are guilty

• Advertisement

How about if he said arrest them i they are found guilty after the investigation.

Or

Everybody has a right to a fair trial. If they are found guilty they should be punished with a sentence decided by sentecing guidelines and the judges wisdom.

They cant possibly get a fair trial now they will more than likely get off through a legal loophole because you cant get a jury that wasnt influenced by a celebrities t shirt.

How about if he said arrest them i they are found guilty after the investigation.

Or

Everybody has a right to a fair trial. If they are found guilty they should be punished with a sentence decided by sentecing guidelines and the judges wisdom.

They cant possibly get a fair trial now they will more than likely get off through a legal loophole because you cant get a jury that wasnt influenced by a celebrities t shirt.

You arrest someone to retain and question them.
    Arresting someone is not finding them guilty.

You can be arrested and then released without being found guilty of a crime.

Anyway, BLM is just being used as another excuse, as I said, this thread is around alot longer than the recent BLM upsurge.

Plainly he's mostly disliked as he is so successfull, that's the truth

You arrest someone to retain and question them.
    Arresting someone is not finding them guilty.

You can be arrested and then released without being found guilty of a crime.

Anyway, BLM is just being used as another excuse, as I said, this thread is around alot longer than the recent BLM upsurge.

Plainly he's mostly disliked as he is so successfull, that's the truth

The other day somebody said I disliked him because he is black, now I dislike him because of his success aparantly.

Would it be possible that I just find him dislikeable for the reasons I say?

Jedward talking

Pretend magazine life geared around advertising

Phony dream like phase talk he has started.

Whining over the radio,to the stewards, at his teammate, at his team.

Probably a few other reasons. If he didnt get all the tv time in the sport I watch I wouldnt notice him but he is there every week, Im suprised his hair bobbins arnt branded. Probably are.

Now Im going around in circles. Im going to move on.

It annoys me that somebody so dislikeable is successful to be honest.

The reason I don't believe alot od that is because you've stated you like other sports stars despite being guilty of same things but as you said, going in circles.

Out

he was dislikable during his mcclarren days, and dilikable during the start of his merc days now he is insuferable with all the crap he comes out with.

the dislike for him is caused by himself and his actions, not by his skin colour or how succesful he is

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

He is insufferable for the ****e he speaks and the way he speaks it. BLM ****e apart, these other tweets he comes out with "spreading positive energy to you all, I love you all" and other evangelical nonsense, as if he sees himself as some sort of messiah. Can't stand anyone like that.

On a more positive note, though, he does always go out of his way to show his appreciation for the entirety of the Merc team, including everyone back at the factory. I'm sure that's appreciated by them. It's also his admission that he is riding the wave of their success, which has put him in a car so far ahead of the rest that it puts him on a pedestal that he would otherwise never reach. Yes, he's also a good driver to boot, but as I've said before, any one of 3 or 4 others could do the same job as he is doing, given the seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

No it isn't.

The issue that you run into with this kind of logic is when you racists everywhere, you will end up not seeing any real racists anywhere.

This whole "you are either with us or against us" approach does nothing at all to address the issue, all it does it drive a widening wedge between people, which in turn crates extremes.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

He's on the cusp of becoming the greatest driver in history (talking from a championship wins perspective, before I get hounded)

Judging by today’s performance it is clear that Hamilton’s ability seems to diminish considerably once the car advantage is gone (due to rain).

I would expect more from a driver that is “on the cusp of becoming the greatest driver of all time”.

Once the playing field is more leveled Hamilton’s real talent becomes apparent. Above average but far from number one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭chicorytip

2011 wrote: »
    Judging by today’s performance it is clear that Hamilton’s ability seems to diminish considerably once the car advantage is gone (due to rain).

I would expect more from a driver that is “on the cusp of becoming the greatest driver of all time”.

Once the playing field is more leveled Hamilton’s real talent becomes apparent. Above average but far from number one.
    He will win again tomorrow, in all probability.

chicorytip wrote: »

Weather permitting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Yawn! Stroll must be the best in the world by your standards so. Luckily most people judge a driver over a season or a career. One bad qualifying on an ice rink doesn't make a driver good or bad.

Not too much to read into the likes of today.

I mean unless you now believe, Vettel is better than Leclerc and Stroll is one of the finest drivers ever beating the golden boy Max to pole!? Seeing as the field was leveled out

And my post related to him being on the cusp of being the greatest of all time by chpionship wins, it's a fact, wether we people here believe they could beat him in a one on one around Modello does not change the fact that statistically he will equal the record for most championships and most likely surpass it

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

chicorytip wrote: »

Yes, if the weather suits his car advantage any above average driver like Hamilton has a substantial chance of winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Yes, if the weather suits his car advantage any above average driver like Hamilton has a substantial chance of winning.

If he can get the tire switched on he has a great chance of winning, we shall see, certainly couldn't get them into any sort of decent operating range today even with the DAX system!

Any driver will struggle in a car that is not set up right on a particular track.
    Its not a perk specific to Hamilton of which you are well aware

Any driver will struggle in a car that is not set up right on a particular track.
    Its not a perk specific to Hamilton of which you are well aware

Well almost any, but the greatest of all time or anyone approaching that is an entirely different matter. Someone of that caliber would overcome a suboptimal set up in my opinion.

Well almost any, but the greatest of all time or anyone approaching that is an entirely different matter. Someone of thy caliber would overcome a suboptimal set up in my opinion.

Well obviously Leclerc is not top drawer couldn't get the better of Vettel nor
    is Max getting beaten by Stroll, but maybe Stroll is the cream of the crop having beat his team.mate who up until now everyone said was better but rain is the great equalizer, right?
    I mean Max had the perfect opportunity to get a pole today but blew it obviously as he's only just above average...right.

Can't be reading in to a performance like today, it's exactly why people love wet qualifying because it throws everything into a mish mash

And AGAIN he is up with the greatest of all time on championship wins, that's what I said, I never said he was the greatest full stop. As far as I'm concerned there is no greatest as it's impossible to judge due to how the cars and racing has changed throughout F1s time.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭BikeRacer

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.qualifying-report-dominant-hamilton-beats-verstappen-to-pole-by-1-2s-with.4ItDviae9CIz3GU7kD0qkN.html

https://twitter.com/AussieGrit/status/1282209809152999424

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Hamilton is a great wet weather driver, one of the best actually.

Advertisement