Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

Native River in Welsh national springs to mind as one of the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Gringo180 wrote: »
    When was the last winner of a handicap off 164? Just because he hasnt the profile or stature of the great Denman it doesnt make his performance any lesser? What he did today was one of the best performances you will ever see.

I genuinely thought you were taking the piss!
    Bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

I genuinely thought you were taking the piss!
    Bizarre.

Denman 10lbs higher bit give Frodon credit that was one of the best handicap wins youll ever witness

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Please, please stop it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Denman 10lbs higher bit give Frodon credit that was one of the best handicap wins youll ever witness

No comparison to Denman. The form of the 174 win worked out very well too.

Excellent performance today, form might frank it but nobody knows if that'll happen. Race hardly as competitive as any of the handicaps ever run at the festival so I'd really struggle to notch it down as one of the best I witnessed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Just watching race back and it’s a terrific performance but to put it up there with the all time handicap victories seems a bit excessive when you go back to Native River and Denman as already mentioned and greats such as Desert Orchid before that. Carvills Hills Welsh National (91 I think) stands out as one of the best for me, giving lumps of weight to gold cup and grand national winners and running them into the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Frodon the new GOAT. He just smashed Cepage and Guitar Pete up.

Just my opinion. He ran and jumped some very good handicappers into the ground and giving them a shed load of weight. You have to remember when he ran in the Ryanair he was having his maybe 7th of 8th race in a hectic season, very tough on a 5/6 year old. If they keep him fresh for the festival he will run a huge race.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

This is up there with the 'Kauto Star wasn't a great horse' thread.

I'm glad to have had a part to play in this one.

Some might say I instigated it. Some might say I was an innocent bystander, just minding my own business. Some might say **** off Slattsy ya handsome divil you're a knob. But some might say something.

To pints of stout and prosecco!

Slattsy wrote: »
    This is up there with the 'Kauto Star wasn't a great horse' thread.

I'm glad to have had a part to play in this one.

Some might say I instigated it. Some might say I was an innocent bystander, just minding my own business. Some might say **** off Slattsy ya handsome divil you're a knob. But some might say something.

To pints of stout and prosecco!

Come back to me when he wins the Gold Cup hard held.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

Oh ffs up with denman, he beat cepage and guitar ****ing Pete and the former beats him with a competent jockey on board

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Well Chief in the old Victor Chandler often gets forgotten. Gave 20lbs to the horse who then won the Ryanair. Think it was off 175 or 176

But I have to agree, Frodon tops them all.....

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

When was the last winner of a handicap off 164? Just because he hasnt the profile or stature of the great Denman it doesnt make his performance any lesser? What he did today was one of the best performances you will ever see.

Please stop.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

Crisp gave red rum 23lb and was just nabbed I bet frodon would have held on Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

Earendil wrote: »
    Think Vision Des Flow (11-1 B365) has a great chance in the 3.05 at Cheltenham..particularly if the rain comes.

He fizzled out like a horse in need of a wind op.

Advertisement