Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Penalty for Refusing Jobpath

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

Ginger83 wrote: »

Decisions on the choice of payment method are administrative within the Department of Social Protection (DSP).

DSP will decide if you can be paid by EFT.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Slorpo

Mr.H wrote: »
    I take your word for it (bearing in mind you are a fresh account so could be anyone including he op)

But what college degree does your brother have that was difficult to get something from? Most colleges help you to go straight into a job

International relations from ucd. He wasn't fresh out of college, he'd been working for years when he became unemployed.

There's a lot of fiction regarding the health of the job market in ireland, but that's a separate topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭Ginger83

bassy wrote: »
    Decisions on the choice of payment method are administrative within the Department of Social Protection (DSP).

DSP will decide if you can be paid by EFT.

Yep just request it.

Yep just request it.

yes but the dsp will decide or decilne.its not a given.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭batistuta9

demeaning? surely not

Do hey do any good at all? I mean lets say for example you were finding it hard to get a job. Could they help at all?

Not really it seems
    Private companies receive €3,718 from the Government for every JobPath applicant they employ for more than one year
    Department officials told the Oireachtas public accounts committee that two private companies employed by the state, Turas Nua and Seetech, have received over €75.7m and €73.3m respectively.

. Some 190,000 people were referred to JobPath, but just 17,100 who found employment sustained it for a year.
    ‘The bottom line is JobPath has failed, it has provided 9pc of those who have engaged with the scheme with a job that has been sustained for one year at an enormous cost to the taxpayer,’

https://extra.ie/2018/12/01/business/jobs/jobpath-costs-taxpayers-e3718-per-employee

• Advertisement

Are they on commission as well?:eek:

Private company, nice government contract. You're also not officially unemployed once put on the scheme.

Very nice statistics come out of it for the government. Curious myself as to how many are on it now, could be shocking

yes but the dsp will decide or decilne.its not a given.

You'd be surprised, you just need a valid reason like i can't get to post office every week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Slorpo wrote: »
    International relations from ucd. He wasn't fresh out of college, he'd been working for years when he became unemployed.

There's a lot of fiction regarding the health of the job market in ireland, but that's a separate topic.

There is actually a lot of jobs out there right now. I mean A LOT. I am constantly looking for staff and I am constantly approached for new jobs.

I find that its more to do with the fact some people dont want to work in certain locations, or dont want certain jobs because they think they are above them.

It sounds like your brother was struggling to keep a long term job which sucks. Maybe he does need help finding the right job. What ever about this jobsbridge or whatever its called. Did he try a recruitment agency? worth a shot

i will have my 2nd year finished with them in january and the have done next to nothing for me.stupid so called courses that i did the 1st year and had to do again in my 2nd year,futile.................

You can get it paid directly into your bank....no queuing necessary.

Not if you’re under 62

• Advertisement

Not if you’re under 62

knew i was right :)

batistuta9 wrote: »

I assume that they only get that money for people keeping jobs? also isnt it a good thing if they help get people into jobs? I mean not everyone can "get a job by themselves". If they could they wouldnt be unemployed

Yeah 3 grand per person, that rings a bell.

Yeah 3 grand per person, that rings a bell.

per person who gets long term employment. Not exactly a bad thing to be fair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

You can get it paid directly into your bank....no queuing necessary.

Changed that practice years ago to stop people living in other countries coming here on a day a month to sign on and then fly out to another EU country.

I assume that they only get that money for people keeping jobs? also isnt it a good thing if they help get people into jobs? I mean not everyone can "get a job by themselves". If they could they wouldnt be unemployed

They're only suitable for those that need genuine, basic help. Worthless to anyone with an education and work experience, all they wanted my brother to do was the lowest rung stuff possible. He's lucky he resisted them, flying now all on his own efforts.

It's a private company that gets paid to get rid of people into ANY job going regardless of background. Very inappropriate.

Not if you’re under 62

We'll agree to disagree.

Alot of people are just not aware of certain things, for example i get 2 fuel grants.

Changed that practice years ago to stop people living in other countries coming here on a day a month to sign on and then fly out to another EU country.

thank you i said that earlier in the thread..........................................

They're only suitable for those that need genuine, basic help. Worthless to anyone with an education and work experience, all they wanted my brother to do was the lowest rung stuff possible. He's lucky he resisted them, flying now all on his own efforts.

It's a private company that gets paid to get rid of people into ANY job going regardless of background. Very inappropriate.

Any jobs better than no job. Ones got to start somewhere.

• Advertisement

per person who gets long term employment. Not exactly a bad thing to be fair

It's not long term unemployment, you could be unemployed a week and get put on it.

It's unfit for purpose, this company doesn't give a damn about your qualifications and background, if you're a medical doctor and a job comes up in a sweet shop, they'll badger you into applying.

They want money quick, why would a private company care about long term? In fact, even better for them if they have people coming back again and again

We'll agree to disagree.

Alot of people are just not aware of certain things, for example i get 2 fuel grants.

how are you getting 2 fuel grants,what payment are you on?.

thank you i said that earlier in the thread..........................................

Apologies didnt know you meant JA.

how are you getting 2 fuel grants,what payment are you on?.

I get IP.

Any jobs better than no job. Ones got to start somewhere.

My brother was badgered and badgered about getting a night shift job in security. If he had gone that direction there's every possibility that he would have missed his current job, which is related to both his qualifications and experience, and also pays way more, and is a genuine career.

Nah, he did they right thing by going against them

I get IP.

??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭trixiebust

southstar wrote: »
    Jaysus he'd have to get up in the morning

Leo? I never knew you used boards.

We'll agree to disagree.

I deal in facts. From experience I can tell you that one signs once a month and collects “dole” on specified days from nearest post office. Only those over 62, on pensions disability benefits or payments like carers get paid into bank. Not many get one, let alone two fuel payments. Careful that you’re not asked to repay it or even be prosecuted for getting a payment you’re not entitled to.

??

Invalid Pension

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

If there was work in the bed he'd sleep on the floor.

Advertisement