Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭TheBMG

hot fm is right channel only on their stream as well, i've just checked.

Does this mean they’re only half as **** as usual?

The Beach made a welcome appearance earlier on this afternoon .. haven’t heard them for some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,988 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

TheBMG wrote: »
    Does this mean they’re only half as **** as usual?

is there any djs on it at all now apart from fk?
    i guess with lock down there won't be but back last year when things were more relaxed did djs appear?

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭JDxtra

is there any djs on it at all now apart from fk?
    i guess with lock down there won't be but back last year when things were more relaxed did djs appear?

I think there was someone on last night, but in general it's on automation. Its very rare for FK to do shows these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

TheBMG wrote: »
    -

The Beach made a welcome appearance earlier on this afternoon .. haven’t heard them for some time.

The Beach have been popping up intermittently on evenings over the last month.

Incidentally, Paul Murray was live on Energy Power AM on 1395kh MW both yesterday afternoon and this afternoon - normally, he tends to be only on Sunday afternoons on ordinary weekends. It was also on 99.5 FM.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Anglers

Power 87 - 87.5FM in Cork
    Just got raided. It was well over due.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭dave4565

Why was it over due where they causing interference ?

just transmission site was it?

just transmission site was it?

In recent years, it has been just the sites. I haven't heard of a studio being raided in some time.

JDxtra wrote: »
    In recent years, it has been just the sites. I haven't heard of a studio being raided in some time.

yes the same for me.
    their stream is up but silent, silence is a semi-regular occurrence though so definitely just a site raid.

Anglers wrote: »
    Power 87 - 87.5FM in Cork
    Just got raided. It was well over due.

Stream is up but there is no audio. Nothing posted yet online from Power 87 that I can see, probably laying low as you can expect.

I don't know the landscape in Cork - were Power causing any particular issues, or was it just that their time was up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Radio fan 88.1

My thinking would be that some of the full time stations in Dublin at present might go off Air now as a precision probably be a good idea if comreg raided in cork today Dublin might just be on there Rader next.
    Would anyone agree?.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Insidethetent

Surprising to see comreg authorising action (whether by themselves or a contractor working on their behalf) during the current Covid 19 Level 5 national lockdown for anything less than a 'Type A' RFI complaint*.

Is this a prudent usage of the regulator's time and resources at a time when workers are mandated to (1) work from home wherever possible and (2) stay within 5km of workplace.

Hopefully the regulator thoroughly assessed the risks of contamination to the public and their staff when deciding to send a team cross the country simply to take an allegedly unlicenced broadcaster off the air? Interesting to see that decision-making process in discovery in case of litigation.

* ComReg20/79 Spectrum Intelligence & Investigations Annual Report

Surprising to see comreg authorising action (whether by themselves or a contractor working on their behalf) during the current Covid 19 Level 5 national lockdown for anything less than a 'Type A' RFI complaint*.

Is this a prudent usage of the regulator's time and resources at a time when workers are mandated to (1) work from home wherever possible and (2) stay within 5km of workplace.

Hopefully the regulator thoroughly assessed the risks of contamination to the public and their staff when deciding to send a team cross the country simply to take an allegedly unlicenced broadcaster off the air? Interesting to see that decision-making process in discovery in case of litigation.

It's interesting to see that Comgeg seemingly took action against an unlicensed broadcaster during the current restrictions. They stated before that they wanted to complete more enforcement actions in 2020 – but were unable to do so due to the Covid restrictions.

So there must have been some urgent requirement to remove this particular broadcaster. Maybe some interference issue with the broadcast itself as opposed to any content issue?

Below is a small extract from the Spectrum Intelligence & Investigations Annual Report published by ComReg last September.

"Since March 2020, the restrictions imposed by the Covid-19 pandemic has limited SII’s ability to carry out several planned search and seize operations within this reporting period"

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Anglers

Picture from one of the djs on power 87 who went to site to see why they were offf air. And found out why, came across them as there were been raided

yes the same for me.
    their stream is up but silent, silence is a semi-regular occurrence though so definitely just a site raid.

and boom, music back on the stream.
    anyway i wish them a speedy return to air, if they even decide to come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 fmfan

Very strange indeed, This action was also taken against Wild Country 103.6 in Louth and also to River 104.2 in Donegal in very recent times. Restrictions must not apply to Government agencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

Dublin bandscan for pirate radio activity from Killakee viewpoint car park Dublin Mountains

87.6 Chill FM
    91.0 Hot FM
    92.0 Retro FM
    93.2 IceRadio
    94.3 Charity Radio
    98.4 90s Network
    99.5 No RDS (Retro FM Relay)
    103.0 Energy 103
    104.2 Storm NE
    105.2 RetroNow
    105.7 The Beach
    107.1 Club FM

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dont shoot the messenger

Rumour has it!!!! Big black Tuesday event (Might not be on a Tuesday) Planed for Dublin ●
    Coming very soon to a Radio near you.
    👮*♂️____________________________
    Don't shoot the messenger

Rumour has it!!!! Big black Tuesday event (Might not be on a Tuesday) Planed for Dublin ●
    Coming very soon to a Radio near you.
    ��*♂️____________________________
    Don't shoot the messenger

Your first post and that's what you are calling yourself??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mr. MooYagi

Happy Paddy’s Day!

Anything happening out there ?

Happy Paddy’s Day!

I picked up the following in south Dublin today:

FM:
    Ice Radio on 93.2
    Energy Power AM relay: 99.5
    RetroNow: 105.2
    I can't remember whether or not I picked up Hot FM on 91.0 - certainly was on yesterday.
    No 94.3 All 80s/Charity Radio today nor Retro FM on 92.0. Incidentally, the latter was on with automatic music on Saturday unusually. Normally only on Sundays.
    No The Beach on 105.7 today.

MW/AM:
    Energy Power AM: 1395kh

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭TheBMG

Happy Paddy’s Day!

Bit of a lift bringing in some British stations in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 dxireland

Some great live shows today on Ice radio 93.2

What other pirate stations are doing live shows
    Is Galaxy Kildare still doing any live shows

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

CLUB FM Dublin coming in well in South Drogheda this afternoon. Have to say I love the way they play the new stuff along with classics from CLUB FM of the 90s.

dxireland wrote: »
    Some great live shows today on Ice radio 93.2

What other pirate stations are doing live shows
    Is Galaxy Kildare still doing any live shows

Paul Murray was live on Energy Power this afternoon. He played a lot of Irish rock acts from the 1980s and the 1990s.
    castle2012 wrote: »
    CLUB FM Dublin coming in well in South Drogheda this afternoon. Have to say I love the way they play the new stuff along with classics from CLUB FM of the 90s.

Can't pick it up at all out Dundrum or Ballinteer way.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

castle2012 wrote: »

That’s a strange one, Club FM not on today

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Dublins anorak

That’s a strange one, Club FM not on today

I heard Club Fm on today on 107.1 werent sounding the best sounding like tx Issues came on and then off again then blank carrier for maybe 10 minutes then off air didn't come back this was about 3 or 4 pm today

I heard Club Fm on today on 107.1 werent sounding the best sounding like tx Issues came on and then off again then blank carrier for maybe 10 minutes then off air didn't come back this was about 3 or 4 pm today

Meant to post this last week, Club were sending track information over RadioText Plus (an enhancement to normal RDS radio text).

Today FM and some other licenced stations do it. This is the first pirate I've seen here do it. The feature allows separation of the artist and song data. On more recent car radios, it can then be shown on the driver display for example.

zCFGd1c.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,994 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Is this a prudent usage of the regulator's time and resources at a time when workers are mandated to (1) work from home wherever possible and (2) stay within 5km of workplace....

COMREG have subcontracted out raids in the past. Perhaps they used a Munster based comms firm in this instance.

For the record, how does one consider Power FM to be "an allegedly unlicenced broadcaster" (sic)?:confused:

Advertisement