Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sore quads 4 days after gym?

• 11-12-2018 9:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

Hi I have recently been back to the gym (haven’t been in 2 months) and I was training legs on Saturday and I now have really sore quads. Whenever I bend down it’s difficult and when I’m getting into my car it’s painful. Anyone else ever have this problem? How do I get the pain away and should I still train legs or just with less volume ? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭MactheKnife90

Hi I have recently been back to the gym (haven’t been in 2 months) and I was training legs on Saturday and I now have really sore quads. Whenever I bend down it’s difficult and when I’m getting into my car it’s painful. Anyone else ever have this problem? How do I get the pain away and should I still train legs or just with less volume ? Thanks

Suppose it depends. Is it muscle pain or ligament/tendon? How severe is the pain? Has it been decreasing/increasing/consistent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

It's just doms, start light and build the weight up slowly. Most people would have doms from doing bodyweight squats if they hadn't lifted in 2 months. I squatted for the first time in 2 weeks on Monday and my legs are still in shreds, I kept it light as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,641 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Assuming it's not joint pain and based solely in the muscles, then you're grand. Just going to have to get over it. You won't be nearly as bad after the next leg session and again after that. If you really want relief, then go for short walks and just keep moving. If watching TV tonight, try a few squat sits which will be sore AF, but get easier the more you try.

https://startingstrength.com/training/soreness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Killgore Trout

When i have DOMS going up the stairs or bending over to pick stuff up, or tie my shoes is the worst. But then I actually get under the bar and do some proper movements... and it's grand

Advertisement