Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/50453217

That’ll pay for the new stand I suppose.

I'm very hesitant to be any way happy about that. What's in it for CVC?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,607 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Bazzo wrote: »

Monopoly in European rugby. Significant stakes in the Premiership, Pro14 and the 6 Nations (reportedly). They're investing in the hope that TV and ad revenue continues to rise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

CVC will want to make money. Expect a European super league. Drop the Henieken cup and just have the Pro 14/Permiership/T14 as reserve leagues.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    CVC will want to make money. Expect a European super league. Drop the Henieken cup and just have the Pro 14/Permiership/T14 as reserve leagues.

CVC don't have the power to do that. There are far too many clubs who will be against a European super league i.e. all the teams who won't be in it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

stephen_n wrote: »
    Saints aren’t spectacular but pretty efficient and organized. Will be tough to beat over there.

Yeah, but at the same time Lyon had two absolutely braindead interceptions on the Northampton line. Saints defence looked good when Lyon were plodding along, but they were also able to make a good bit of ground when they actually started playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Podge_irl wrote: »
    CVC don't have the power to do that. There are far too many clubs who will be against a European super league i.e. all the teams who won't be in it.

Exactly. What we might see is all rugby with CVC involvement might get packaged together into a single tv package, which might actually be a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,292 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

molloyjh wrote: »
    Exactly. What we might see is all rugby with CVC involvement might get packaged together into a single tv package, which might actually be a good thing.

That would be brilliant, getting just one sport means not having to subsidise other sports, the dream is something like nfl pass.

Hopefully. Things are starting to get out of hand with multiple different providers having exclusivity to different competitions, like the fact Virgin customers can't get BT but BT have the rights for the ERC. Be great if there was an accessible version of rugbypass for European customers (or NFL game pass with the redzone split screen would be a dream come through).

• Subscribers Posts: 41,072 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

CVC are in it for the short term.

They will be looking to make their money back over a say 10 years and pull out then

sydthebeat wrote: »
    CVC are in it for the short term.

They will be looking to make their money back over a say 10 years and pull out then

Exactly, and they wont make it out of selling the Pro14 to TV.....

• Advertisement

Bazzo wrote: »

Whatever it is the federations will know, CVC aren't in it for the love of rugby. I'd expect major changes to come in the next few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

Has anybody heard anything from Leinster about the STH draw for 6 Nations tickets? It was supposed to take place last Friday but I haven’t even gotten the usual email to say that I’ve been unsuccessful.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭work

Kevski wrote: »
    Has anybody heard anything from Leinster about the STH draw for 6 Nations tickets? It was supposed to take place last Friday but I haven’t even gotten the usual email to say that I’ve been unsuccessful.

Got a couple of tickets V Italy so I assume finished

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Kevski wrote: »

I got an 'unsuccessful' email just now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭OldRio

OldRio wrote: »
    I've tickets for the game on Saturday. My first visit to the Rds for a rugby game. Any advice on parking. We are coming on the N4 from the west. Thanks.

Can I just thank the posters who gave me much needed advice about my trip.
    Also the PMs which were invaluable. You know who you are.
    Enjoyed the match. Locals were very friendly to be honest. First half the atmosphere was a little flat. A bit like the Leinster performance.
    Second half was more like it Good atmosphere and Leinster cranked things up a notch.

Overall. Good day out. Leinster will play much better. Treviso were good. A lot of people not giving them enough credit IMHO. The officiating was poor.

Parked my Massy 135 and turf trailor on Anglesea Road. Created a bit of chaos. At least my sheepdog kept the locals at bay for the duration. Long drive back mind.

OldRio wrote: »
    Can I just thank the posters who gave me much needed advice about my trip.
    Also the PMs which were invaluable. You know who you are.
    Enjoyed the match. Locals were very friendly to be honest. First half the atmosphere was a little flat. A bit like the Leinster performance.
    Second half was more like it Good atmosphere and Leinster cranked things up a notch.

Overall. Good day out. Leinster will play much better. Treviso were good. A lot of people not giving them enough credit IMHO. The officiating was poor.

Parked my Massy 135 and turf trailor on Anglesea Road. Created a bit of chaos. At least my sheepdog kept the locals at bay for the duration. Long drive back mind.

Was thinking of you and the wax jacket jokes when a couple of utter gobsh!tes in, you guessed it, wax jackets made an appearance on the terrace. Never seen before, possibly never to be seen again (one can only hope). Roaring at players that passed by on a first name basis like they knew them all. Shouting "pendulum James" at Lowe everytime there was a loose ball. It was everything the stereotype describes and it was horrible to bear witness to. And it's all your fault for mentioning wax jackets. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Was thinking of you and the wax jacket jokes when a couple of utter gobsh!tes in, you guessed it, wax jackets made an appearance on the terrace. Never seen before, possibly never to be seen again (one can only hope). Roaring at players that passed by on a first name basis like they knew them all. Shouting "pendulum James" at Lowe everytime there was a loose ball. It was everything the stereotype describes and it was horrible to bear witness to. And it's all your fault for mentioning wax jackets. :D

Its your own fault. If you don't like how they behave, you should stop bringing your family to matches.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Sounds like some of the greatest horseplay of all time

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

Four goys behind me (they aren't regulars but they would go to HC games), spent the whole match yacking at high volume about everything but the game. It started with the confirmation of an acquaintance being a "Google Ambassador" and went rapidly downhill from there, through various discussions on investments and career opportunities. I wanted to rip my ears off.

Treviso much better than most match reviews gave them credit for I thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Sounds like some of the greatest horseplay of all time

The lads were absolutely SENDING it on the terraces.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,430 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

So even Leinster fans find Leinster fans insufferable?

awec wrote: »

yes.

I will never forget my first visit to the sportsground.. in amongst leinster fans... and had 4 or 5 of those tossers SENDING pints and cackling throughout... one actually turned to a female friend (gf?) and actually said these words aloud...... "hush woman, man talk".... i **** you not !!!

embarrassed to be sharing club colours with the likes of that that day.

im a midlander in case theres any confusion :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,292 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

yes.

I will never forget my first visit to the sportsground.. in amongst leinster fans... and had 4 or 5 of those tossers SENDING pints and cackling throughout... one actually turned to a female friend (gf?) and actually said these words aloud...... "hush woman, man talk".... i **** you not !!!

Do women in the midlands already know to be hush?

Fake news. Leinster fans are great. It's true. People tell me all the time. They say "those Leinster fans are wonderful people. So smart and wonderful". They might even be the best ever. Not like those Ulster fans. They're bad people. And wrong. So wrong. Possibly the worst ever. #MLGA

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

You'll find Leinster fans from outside the pale are brought up to hate clubs/schools from inside the pale with a fury that other provinces could never dream of matching or appreciating. We're not entirely sure how to handle northsiders yet, mind.

You'll find Leinster fans from outside the pale are brought up to hate clubs/schools from inside the pale with a fury that other provinces could never dream of matching or appreciating. We're not entirely sure how to handle northsiders yet, mind.

Northsiders are also brought up to hate schools from the southside.

Actually now that I think of it were just brought up to hate education in general never mind just schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,171 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

We handle northsiders exactly how we've always handled them. Put them in the Joy. It hasn't failed yet. Transporting to Connacht stopped working when they took up rugby over there.

yes.

What is a "midlander"???

That a new posh to way northsider?

What is a "midlander"???

That a new posh to way northsider?

believe it or not your country doesnt stop at Lucan :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

What is a "midlander"???