Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Lucas44 wrote: »
    Jonny Gray, Jean kleyn, itoje, kruis, s whitelock, mostert just to name a few are in line to start for some of the biggest countries in a few days and aren’t the best ball carriers but are physical in similar ways to Molony. I.e defence, defensive mauls, scrum, hitting rucks etx... there is very few international pairings of two all out explosive carriers so he will always be knocking about... very similarly to charlie Ryan.. don’t forget Molony first captained leinster at 22/23 and has a big number of caps in respect of his age

You've got at least half of those wrong. Itoje, Mostert and Whitelock are all big carriers, explosive and have pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Anyone know where Smith is playing rugby? A lot of University players there!

Somewhat controversially he recently moved to Tarf apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

Somewhat controversially he recently moved to Tarf apparently

What was the controversy do you know? Or just controversial that he would go there out of nowhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Stainalert

What was the controversy do you know? Or just controversial that he would go there out of nowhere?

He lives in Sandymount so odd for a guy to travel across the city and pass by plenty of 1A clubs along the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭DGRulz

Off-topic but watching the All Blacks press conference I see Addidas have gone with a lovely shade of Leinster blue for their training gear. Adding further fuel to the idea the All Blacks are the Leinster of International rugby :L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

James Lowe on Baz and Andrew there on the 9th Sept, decent enough chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

DGRulz wrote: »
    Off-topic but watching the All Blacks press conference I see Addidas have gone with a lovely shade of Leinster blue for their training gear. Adding further fuel to the idea the All Blacks are the Leinster of International rugby :L

Except their training gear is about 750,000x nicer than the Leinster match gear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Except their training gear is about 750,000x nicer than the Leinster match gear

I would guess the smiley face by the poster meant it was a joke

Leinster women's team v Connacht if anyone else watching

https://youtu.be/jCXmbX3XnOg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,756 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Toner, McFadden, D Kearney, Ross Byrne and JGP are all expected to start against Treviso this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

So we should be looking at something like:

Byrne Tracy Bent
    Fardy Toner
    Deegan Doris Penny

JGP Byrne
    COB ROL
    Byrne Kearney McFadden

Byrne, Dooley, Abdaladze, Molony, Murphy, HOS, H Byrne, Kelleher

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭mogwai81

molloyjh wrote: »

Byrne Tracy Bent
    Fardy Toner
    Deegan Doris Penny

JGP Byrne
    COB ROL
    Byrne Kearney McFadden

I think Fardy is in Japan this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

mogwai81 wrote: »

Byrne Tracy Bent
    Fardy Toner
    Deegan Doris Penny

JGP Byrne
    COB ROL
    Byrne Kearney McFadden

I think Fardy is in Japan this week.

So Molony into the row with someone like Baird coming onto the bench? Or we might look to have Murphy as lock cover and add Connors as back row cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭mogwai81

So Molony into the row with someone like Baird coming onto the bench? Or we might look to have Murphy as lock cover and add Connors as back row cover.

I also wonder how far away Ronan Kelleher is from putting serious pressure on Tracy and Byrne at hooker. It's always an exciting time when the Irish front liners are away and there's potential for younger lads to see game time.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭guapos

Seems strange that Fardy is allowed a break in Japan just when the season is starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

guapos wrote: »
    Seems strange that Fardy is allowed a break in Japan just when the season is starting.
    He's a marquee signing. Not exactly needed for playing now and if it means you get to look at others instead of him and he can come back for when sides will be stronger later than where's the problem?
    And he is gone to Japan as he was there playing 10 years ago when the tsunami hit and is going for something related to that

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭guapos

That's fair enough, didn't realise that was the reason, thanks.

Normally you expect NIQs to be available for the games when the Irish players are away. It's good for the new players to play with players of his standard. I'm pretty sure Isa played many of these type of games.

guapos wrote: »
    That's fair enough, didn't realise that was the reason, thanks.

Normally you expect NIQs to be available for the games when the Irish players are away. It's good for the new players to play with players of his standard. I'm pretty sure Isa played many of these type of games.
    Yes but a world cup is very different to games during 6 nations/november periods in other seasons.
    Isa probably did but doesnt mean Fardy should have to either.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭ArmchairQB

mogwai81 wrote: »
    I also wonder how far away Ronan Kelleher is from putting serious pressure on Tracy and Byrne at hooker. It's always an exciting time when the Irish front liners are away and there's potential for younger lads to see game time.

Odds on Kelleher to overtake Byrne pretty early this season I would think once he keeps injury free which has been his main problem

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

ArmchairQB wrote: »
    Odds on Kelleher to overtake Byrne pretty early this season I would think once he keeps injury free which has been his main problem

This sentence very much applies to Ronan vs Brian.

But not as much Cian vs Adam.

Until Leinster get more diverse we need to start full naming people :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

This sentence very much applies to Ronan vs Brian.

But not as much Cian vs Adam.

Until Leinster get more diverse we need to start full naming people :pac:

That's been a problem for some time :P

For a while I was thinking of renaming my kid to McGrath. but they've moved off for the most part. Gotta watch out for those trends, not just in position, but names too!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Has anyone received their season ticket yet? Their email last week suggested that they would have been received by the end of last week.

Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

Has anyone received their season ticket yet? Their email last week suggested that they would have been received by the end of last week.

Thanks! :)

Mine arrived on Friday of last week!

Fair play to James Lowe. Would love if a lot more of the Leinster and other provincial players affiliated themselves with other smaller and junior clubs and not just the big senior clubs especially if they will never turn out to play for the clubs while theyre contracted here

Lowe is affiliated to Clondalkin RFC
    https://punditarena.com/rugby/mcorry/james-lowe-leinster-club/amp/

• Subscribers Posts: 41,061 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Fair play to James Lowe. Would love if a lot more of the Leinster and other provincial players affiliated themselves with other smaller and junior clubs and not just the big senior clubs especially if they will never turn out to play for the clubs while theyre contracted here

'mon the North Midlands!!!

:D

Fair dues to Lowe. I know it's probably really only a figure head kind of thing, but it's great to open a match day programme and see senior players affiliated to teams outside the AIL and metro

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭joseywhales

I have a fond memory of contepomi togging out in oak Park for carlow

• Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Question uppermost in my mind (while obviously agreeing that it's a great idea; fair play to Lowe) is how did he come to pick up a club like Clondalkin? There's a story there surely. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Question uppermost in my mind (while obviously agreeing that it's a great idea; fair play to Lowe) is how did he come to pick up a club like Clondalkin? There's a story there surely. :)

In fairness if he was looking for a decent club outside of the traditional rugby areas but still close enough to home it would be very high on the list. (By decent I mean a good set up). Fair play to him the club would get far more out of it than one of the big clubs would.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,607 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I heard he only joined because he saw the round tower and secretly had a dream to play Rapunzel.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

salmocab wrote: »
    In fairness if he was looking for a decent club outside of the traditional rugby areas but still close enough to home it would be very high on the list. (By decent I mean a good set up). Fair play to him the club would get far more out of it than one of the big clubs would.

The quote in the article said he asked the squad "what's a club no one would think of?" and someone said "Clondalkin" so he went with that.

Doesn't sound like there was much science/thought put to it beyond not wanting to be simply assigned to a Dublin AIL club.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement