Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Best Price Accessories

mispelt it!

Anna Karenina by Tolstoy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

A Cool Head by Ian Rankin

The Perfect Murder by Peter James

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 PoMo Grrrl

xebec wrote: »
    Catch-22 by Joseph Heller - bought it ages ago but never got around to reading it, but after hearing loads of great things about it on here I finally picked it up. Superb book, absolutely hilarious and utterly confusing!! I didn't want it to finish...

Fantastic book ... I thought it read like an episode of M*A*S*H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 PoMo Grrrl

The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen - this story about a dysfunctional family from mid western America is well written and flows really nicely. It is depressing at points, but also funny and insightful.

• Advertisement

The Partner by John Grisham

The Invisible Man by HG Wells

:eek: exactly a month since I've updated this! Lots of travelling, but it's been for work so laptop is in use more than books/eReader...

Sharpe's Triumph by Bernard Cornwell

Absolutely love the Sharpe series of books!

The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown

Typical Brown trash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

"The Help" by Kathryn Stockett

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Hi guys, just a note: this is xebec's reading log. Comments and questions about the books (s)he's been reading are welcome, as noted in the Reading Logs forum charter (though obviously it's not compulsory that any questions are actually answered, it's the forum member's own reading log).

However, if you're just listing books you've read yourself, you're welcome to start your own log personal log of your very own. That means clicking the "new thread" button in the Reading Logs forum:) What the forum is for is quite simply explained in the Reading Logs forum charter (it's a very short read and after all, you're all readers anyway).

A Week in December by Sebastian Faulks

Great read. Simple enough book but enjoyed the way Faulks intertwined the characters lives.

Been a LONG while since I updated it. Mainly been reading running books and other manuals so haven't been including them on here...

The Oh My God Delusion by Ross O'Carroll Kelly

What You See Is What You Get by Alan Sugar

Transition by Iain Banks

First Banks book I've read, struggled to get through it. Only really started to grab my interest in the last quarter.

Wicked by Gregory Maguire

The Long Short by Michael Lewis

The War of Don Emmanuel's Nether Parts by Louis de Bernieres

Advertisement