Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fallout 76

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Finished Rose's quests, she's such a great character. One of the key hunt missions though had me (level 16) go to against super mutants that were level 40-60. They kept kicking my ass until i was able to leg it in, find the key, die and spawn outside with it. Next quest had me go up against level 16 ghouls, strange one.

I thought they fixed that...

Ah i don't mind if it's a bug, i just hoped it wasn't designed that way. Trying to get through the missions now as quick as i can to get onto the wastelander stuff as I'm struggling to find good weapons/items. I use other camps as fast travel points and came across 2 absolutely crazy places today. Showed me the build potential is amazing but i need to get through these quests and leveling up. All the events are way above my level as well. Some amount of content in this game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Ah i don't mind if it's a bug, i just hoped it wasn't designed that way. Trying to get through the missions now as quick as i can to get onto the wastelander stuff as I'm struggling to find good weapons/items. I use other camps as fast travel points and came across 2 absolutely crazy places today. Showed me the build potential is amazing but i need to get through these quests and leveling up. All the events are way above my level as well. Some amount of content in this game.

I went back to it recently and had a blast going through the campaign which is fairly lengthy.
    Once i realised the endgame is letting off nukes over and over again i had enough pretty soon after letting a few off and killing the same one boss that does the same thing over and over zzzzzzzzzzz

Shame as the world is incredible, i wish they added proper daily and weekly content for some meaningful rewards, that daily ops yoke is pathetic.

I subbed to a month of fallout 1st but that was enough for me and i cancelled after the first month.
    Shame like so many games it doesnt offer enough endgame to keep me interested.

Good to know, i was under the impression that's when the good stuff happens so might just enjoy the story so instead of rushing it.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Good to know, i was under the impression that's when the good stuff happens so might just enjoy the story so instead of rushing it.

There is a faction rep grind for some items like ammo making unit, dont recall correct name but then i found out it was in the season pass thingy a while back and likely to return so i found no need to grind it.

Worth mentioned that season pass is free, makes a lol of a lot of other games season pas they charge for.

• Advertisement

The seasons are great, i find myself slowly leveling up without even trying and then if i focus on, can shoot up the levels and there are some nice rewards, not a penny spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,807 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Picked this up last night with the intention of playing SP. Got 2 hours in and got disconnected, lost 15 minutes of looting. Disconnected again after minutes the second time I tried and haven't been able to connect since. And of those 2 hours was trying to figure out how to use the C.A.M.P.

That's weird, one problem I've never had is connection problems. I had to look up a vid about using camp but mine consisted of a sleepbag and stash box for about 10 levels and then i installed a floor. Level 16 and still no walls, she's a work in progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

sundodger5 wrote: »
    Also rad ant lager for a "get me back to camp" short lived boost. Plus 50.

Assuming Biv gives it to you quickly enough. Took me three weeks of daily quests before he finally gave me Rad Ant.
    Dcully wrote: »
    There is a faction rep grind for some items like ammo making unit, dont recall correct name but then i found out it was in the season pass thingy a while back and likely to return so i found no need to grind it.

You're thinking of two completely different items. The ammo generator (officially "ArmCo ammunition construction appliance") is only available from the raiders at Ally reputation. The ammo converter was available at level 5 of the first season (Legendary Run), and has since been made available again either for bullion from the raiders (at Friendly), or from the Atom Shop (not sure if this was temporary or not).

You're thinking of two completely different items. The ammo generator (officially "ArmCo ammunition construction appliance") is only available from the raiders at Ally reputation. The ammo converter was available at level 5 of the first season (Legendary Run), and has since been made available again either for bullion from the raiders (at Friendly), or from the Atom Shop (not sure if this was temporary or not).

Well now ill have to go back and take a look :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I put in about 130 or so hours, as posted earlier in this thread really enjoyed it but yes endgame is a cliff imho. Once you are done with the main questlines there's not much beyond basic grinding so no point in rushing things imho, the enjoyment is definitely in the journey.

I'm not getting that journey ye are talking about. Got another couple of hours in, another disconnect and lost a good bit of fighting. Then a deathclaw murdered me when I tried something else after I loaded back up. I think what's putting me off is MT crap. Even though I can completely ignore it, it's everywhere. And I know they got awful flack for this game and it's MT's, but it doesn't look like they changed anything. I would have paid a one off charge to have my own personal offline world, but they want to charge a monthly fee for that? Nah. The disconnects are putting me off it because I'm losing time/effort every time it happens, and I rarely play through a game a second time, so repeating the same bit every time there's a disconnect? Just wears me down.

I would like to get into it, but I don't think I will. Everything seems slower in comparison to the previous games, and I always feel that shiny button saying "Buy stuff to make the game more enjoyable!" hanging above me. It's still installed, but I've just started Dying Light again (for the 4th time, it's one of only 4 games I've played more than 3 times) so it may not get another look.

Potential, that disconnection problem seems weird and sounds like a pain in the balls. That kind of thing would definitely put me going back if i lost progress. I had a similar thing with hitman 1, a single player game that needed sheets online but would disconnect me every 15 minutes with a pause screen and asking me to reconnect, wrecked the game for me and no one seemed to be able to help as not many other people getting it. Turns out it may have had to do with n at settings the way my isp was configured or something but gave up looking for a solution.

Can't remember if PS works on a hotspot if you can try a mobile network to check?

Phantom, as for food/drink, yeah would rather not have to deal with that mechanic but i just eat/drink in the spot anything i find and put up with the rads, never do much cooking. I got a strong ski sword I'll have to use more as even making ammo, it's hard to keep a steady supply.

Im getting very similar vibes playing Valheim but its all done so much better, worth a look guys incredible game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭sundodger5

Sorry something i should have mentioned earlier re: boosting carry weight.
    Under Armour.
    The enclave one when upgraded boosts strength. Probably other as well.

The biggest problem with Falloiut 76 are the baby sitting features like hunger and thirst

You know you don't have to care about that anymore? While it used to be the case that you would get small debuffs and start losing health if they ever hit zero, now those meters are purely beneficial.
    sundodger5 wrote: »
    Sorry something i should have mentioned earlier re: boosting carry weight.
    Under Armour.
    The enclave one when upgraded boosts strength. Probably other as well.

Brotherhood and Marine UA upgrades add 1 or 2.
    Enclave UA upgrades add between 1 and 3.
    Secret Service UA upgrades add between 2 and 4.
    Vault Tec jumpsuit upgrades add 1 at the higher ends.

The fact that it doesn't happen anyone else would point towards my connection, but I have zero issues with any other online game. This and MK11 are having the issue, so i'm guessing they don't like Irish country connections. It's FTTH so shouldn't be a problem, and yeah my NAT isn't open, but I can't recall it ever being open on any console before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭sundodger5

I play on crappy wimax. 6 megs and i do not get those problems.
    Something odd going on for you i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Any word on a PS5 upgrade? I got this free last week but I don't know if I am up for playing it at 30 fps.

You're gonna have to explain when and how they've changed this because I remember it being annoying AF.

Steel Dawn, so like three months ago.

Basically where a pretty empty hunger/thirst bar used to result in a lowering of your AP regen, with periodic damage of they ever hit zero; now it's just no change. Instead you now get a sliding scale of benefits to AP regen and disease resistance if the meters are full, topping out with bonus STR or END if decently satisfied.

If I can remember to do so later, I'll edit in a table comparing the effects.

|Old Hunger|New Hunger|Old Thirst|New Thirst
    81-100%|Max HP +25|Max HP +35, STR +1|AP Regen +25%|AP Regen +35%, END +1
    61-80%|-|Max HP +25|-|AP Regen +25%
    26-60%|-|Max HP +15|-|AP Regen +15%
    21-25%|AP Regen -25%|Max HP +15|AP Regen -25%|AP Regen +15%
    0-20%|AP Regen -50%, HP -25%|-|AP Regen -50%, HP -25%|-

• Advertisement

Didn't realise that change was in place, what a great qol tweak. I'm having a great time following the vanilla quest, currently visiting some bunkers and discovering some great locations and side quests along the way.

Merry Fasnacht!

So, head to a certain area on the map, do some fetch quests, join a robot parade and earn rare masks? Must give it a try!

Not again, its mind numbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

It may not be as punishing but it's still a penalty. For instance, Max HP + 35 with STR + 1 versus Max HP +15 is quite a difference, especially in a game where carry weight is everything and you're going to want that extra strength rather than wasting perk cards on it. All things being equal I just wish hunger and thirst wasn't there.

It's not a penalty, it's a buff. If you can be arsed doing a very simple task, you get a buff, if you can't you don't.

It's no different to sleeping, playing music or using the weight bench.

So i think I'm near the end of the vanilla quest, just hit level 26 and have to get 10 commendations for the enclave and it looks like it's gonna be a bit of a pain. Any recommendations where i can find starred enemies to kill? I already did the enclave event with the bots but not sure how often that spawns!

Also tried Nuclear Winter for the first time just to get my SCORE up for a nice 2500 caps and found it surprisingly fun.

Advertisement