Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It has started

Options
  • 31-01-2021 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78,282 ✭✭✭✭

I have to admit something to you, the brothers.

Despite being in my forties, I have kept all my hair. No, not in sealed bottle of formaldehyde or similar, but on my head.

Indeed, during lockdown, I have even gained more hair, what with an aversion to sharing the steamy air of a barber shop in current condidtions. It's not quite hippy-style, but it has been more than 13 months since I darkened the door of such an establishment. Not that many of you do either, albeit for different reasons.

During that lockdown, I have noticed the amount of hair that comes off each time I use a [strike]brush[/strike] comb has increased. For a long time, I put this down to, well, having more hair to fall off. More hair means more hair that can fall off.

UNTIL NOW.

While brushing my teeth the other day I noticed something. It was like one of those times a barber was negligent with an electric razor and removed every hair on some random part of one's head. But it was more. This was a small patch, the size of a thumbprint, of bare skin in the centre of my hairline.

IT HAS STARTED!

I am going bald.

PS Is there a Tooth Fairy-type deal where I leave a tuft of hair under my pillow and get a can of Carnation Condensed Milk in exchange?

Advertisement