Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone X - €20 Prepay Offers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

dodzy wrote: »
    Must be wrong about the name, but I’m 100% on the detail. And it’s 25€ per month, not every 28days. I opted for direct debit as the DIY Topup was inconvenient.

I was just offered the same plan on one of my numbers there today. In addition to what you included above they said there was unlimited worldwide texting too (not something I use but may be good for some others.) Plan is only available through the customer options team.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭theintern

I'd be up for that plan, hopefully I get offered it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    I was just offered the same plan on one of my numbers there today. In addition to what you included above they said there was unlimited worldwide texting too (not something I use but may be good for some others.) Plan is only available through the customer options team.
    Yes, forgot that one. International unlimited texts also included. Out of interest, were you on the same legacy plan as I was (Data User Plan) ? Eitherway, I think it was a good offer.

Edit: just came across a problem of no internet access in 3G areas but fine when in 4G coverage. Was grand before the switch of plans. Rang VF and they said the profile just needed to be corrected. Power off and back on and hey presto......sorted.

Incidentally, the plan is named 'Simply Smart'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

I turned down the plan as it was 15 euro more for a load of stuff I'd never use and I'd be tied in for a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

pm1977x wrote: »
    I turned down the plan as it was 15 euro more for a load of stuff I'd never use and I'd be tied in for a year.

€15 more? The deal I got was €25. Surely you’re on the €20 deal at present?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Might be on the Gomo 10 euro deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭monster1

15 euro more over the year, e175 v e160

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭razorronan

We have an issue with signal where we are living so have had to stick to Vodafone. Wife was getting charged €35 a month SIM only plan with only 10GB of data. She is switching over to An Post mobile which use the Vodafone network For €20 a month, first month free, 16GB of data, €5 free credit, unlimited calls which is available on their website.

monster1 wrote: »
    15 euro more over the year, e175 v e160

Yes, 15 more a year for allowances I'd never dip into, plus being locked in for the year, plus the saleswoman annoyed me by saying 'you have to top up 13 or 14 times a year currently' which is just a flat-out lie, it's 13. It's a great plan if you'd be using all the extras though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

13 x 20 = 260
    12 x 25 = 300

300 - 260 = 40

• Advertisement

Ten Pin wrote: »
    13 x 20 = 260
    12 x 25 = 300

300 - 260 = 40

They were offering 1st month free as mentioned by previous posters, so 300 - 25 = 275, 275 - 260 = 15

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Skidfingers

Has anyone managed to go over their data limit for the month? Like from streaming videos and using hotspot?

Has anyone managed to go over their data limit for the month? Like from streaming videos and using hotspot?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭corks finest

Say I did as long use it for android auto, Spotify in the car etc few hours each day ,plus I've Spotify going all day painting aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭draoicht

I thought the data limit was scrapped and it was truly unlimited now.

draoicht wrote: »
    I thought the data limit was scrapped and it was truly unlimited now.

That would be great if it was!

That would be great if it was!

Vodafone say it's unlimited and there's no mention of any fair use cap.

AFAIK, Sport and Music plans still exist for anyone who was already on them and they had an allowance of 30GB but without the speed cap that applies to X

Vodafone say it's unlimited and there's no mention of any fair use cap.

AFAIK, Sport and Music plans still exist for anyone who was already on them and they had an allowance of 30GB but without the speed cap that applies to X

Music is gone I'm pretty sure. The Spotify deal has finished, so you're basically on the unlimited plan now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

What is the current status of this offer or are people talking about different payg offers? Is there still a Vodafone X offer around?

Search Vodafone X on Google. It explains what it is.

Originally there were 3 VF X plans. Music (gave you spotify), Sports (gave you Sky Sports on your phone), and Weekend which gave you free any network calls and texts at weekends.

Now you can just sign up for Vodafone X Unlimited. It's effectively the old Weekend plan but it also touts unlimited data, speed limited to 10Mbps.
    This speed limit doesn't actually seem to happen in practice, I still get 40+Mbps on speedtests.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

theintern wrote: »
    Search Vodafone X on Google. It explains what it is.

Originally there were 3 VF X plans. Music (gave you spotify), Sports (gave you Sky Sports on your phone), and Weekend which gave you free any network calls and texts at weekends.

Now you can just sign up for Vodafone X Unlimited. It's effectively the old Weekend plan but it also touts unlimited data, speed limited to 10Mbps.
    This speed limit doesn't actually seem to happen in practice, I still get 40+Mbps on speedtests.

Thanks, should have done, thought it was some hidden offer.

Doesn't seem to be worth €20 to me (for my usage with calls):

Unlimited data, maximum speed 10Mbps
    Unlimited any network texts
    100 any network minutes & Unlimited minutes from 3pm on Fridays until 11.59pm on Sundays

Other operators are seriously beating this no? 48/Gomo etc. I say that as a Vodafone Bill Pay customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,880 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Thanks, should have done, thought it was some hidden offer.

Doesn't seem to be worth €20 to me (for my usage with calls):

Unlimited data, maximum speed 10Mbps
    Unlimited any network texts
    100 any network minutes & Unlimited minutes from 3pm on Fridays until 11.59pm on Sundays

Other operators are seriously beating this no? 48/Gomo etc. I say that as a Vodafone Bill Pay customer.

Yes. They are. I left Vodafone after being with them for years. Went with 48 and got on a family Spotify. No brainer for me.

VF in UK have a lower cost brand called Voxi, they need to offer something similar here as they seem unwilling to lower their price point to compete with rivals.

https://www.voxi.co.uk/plans

£10 per month for 6GB, calls, text and MMS

6GB is low but UK plans seem to have lower data allowances than here generally so an equivalent plan here would have to include at least 10GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

With Covid, I'm rarely out and about anymore and have superb Wifi (FTTH) at home, so only really need a small amount of data and no calls or texts. WhatsApp does me for everything. I buy the 1Gb/€5 add on from Vodafone and usually have most of it left at the end of the 4 weeks.

It's a pity that data lasts such a relatively short time, but I suppose they have to make some money out of me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,822 ✭✭✭CoBo55

VF in UK have a lower cost brand called Voxi, they need to offer something similar here as they seem unwilling to lower their price point to compete with rivals.

https://www.voxi.co.uk/plans

£10 per month for 6GB, calls, text and MMS

6GB is low but UK plans seem to have lower data allowances than here generally so an equivalent plan here would have to include at least 10GB.

Post mobile would be the closest relative here as they use the VF network.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

I moved from Vodafone X to Chat Extra, I figured it would suit me good as I'm making more calls since covid started.
    However my coverage has definitely got worse, I noticed it in one place where I used to have good signal and now I have none,i just figured there was a transmitter change in the area, but now I've noticed another spot where previous I had great fast 4g signal, I still have the strong 4g signal, full bars, but now I'm getting 0.2mb down.
    I didn't think this was possible as its still Vodafone, but is it possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭corks finest

Snotty wrote: »
    I moved from Vodafone X to Chat Extra, I figured it would suit me good as I'm making more calls since covid started.
    However my coverage has definitely got worse, I noticed it in one place where I used to have good signal and now I have none,i just figured there was a transmitter change in the area, but now I've noticed another spot where previous I had great fast 4g signal, I still have the strong 4g signal, full bars, but now I'm getting 0.2mb down.
    I didn't think this was possible as its still Vodafone, but is it possible?

It's entirety possible or I've become paranoid( I'm not)
    They are throttling back when they want,I'd 689 MB download last night, night before 48,now 125( gigabyte siro)
    Pm them on Twitter go through all the rigmarole I name number etc etc,reset modem blah blah, mysteriously back up to fab speed
    PS same devices connected ,via Ethernet, and 2 phones via WiFi ( tbh I'd leave but where to? Certainly not eir)
    Digiweb rang today and offered gigabyte for e24. 99, but up to e50 after a few months, I've siro from VF for e35@ month so really no choice but to remain, know this is for VF x but just pointing out as on bill or payg they do throttle back speeds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭deep1

I moved from data user plan to sim only plan which i think is fantastic value now, 25€ first 6 months then 35€ but I get affinity discount so will be 30€.

For convenience and peace of mind it is better for me and include unlimited EU calls which I use a lot so good deal for me.

Plan includes: Unlimited calls and texts, unlimited eu calls and texts, unlimited data, 100 international mins and txt anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭DopeTech

deep1 wrote: »
    I moved from data user plan to sim only plan which i think is fantastic value now, 25€ first 6 months then 35€ but I get affinity discount so will be 30€.

For convenience and peace of mind it is better for me and include unlimited EU calls which I use a lot so good deal for me.

Plan includes: Unlimited calls and texts, unlimited eu calls and texts, unlimited data, 100 international mins and txt anywhere else.

Perhaps worth it but you could also look at going with Gomo and using Yolla for your international calls. It will use your data to make the call but it will keep your outbound caller ID so the person you call won't know you are using an app. You can buy credit from yolla that will give you excellent rates and best of all the credit does not expire. Depending just how much you are calling internationally you could save a lot each month.

https://apps.apple.com/ie/app/international-calling-yolla/id985702286

If you want you can use my referral link and you'll get $3 credit to get you started.

App is available in the app store and play store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭deep1

DopeTech wrote: »
    Perhaps worth it but you could also look at going with Gomo and using Yolla for your international calls. It will use your data to make the call but it will keep your outbound caller ID so the person you call won't know you are using an app. You can buy credit from yolla that will give you excellent rates and best of all the credit does not expire. Depending just how much you are calling internationally you could save a lot each month.

https://apps.apple.com/ie/app/international-calling-yolla/id985702286

If you want you can use my referral link and you'll get $3 credit to get you started.

App is available in the app store and play store.

Thanks, current plan sufficient my needs for EU and international calls, I have used almost all network and Vodafone works best for me and I think their roaming prices outside Europe are very reasonable too which I use often.

Advertisement