Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone X - €20 Prepay Offers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

May have missed it but the current unlimited offer on Vodafone X, is the data subject to fair usage or is it really unlimited?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

May have missed it but the current unlimited offer on Vodafone X, is the data subject to fair usage or is it really unlimited?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

My Spotify just finished this month. I was curious if I'd keep my deal of top up 20 got 10 back in credit and I did. So I presume I've been moved to unlimited and kept my deal aswell. Don't think I'm gonna find a better deal than what I have even without Spotify, just bought a Spotify sub on eBay for 5er instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

How does buying spotify sub on ebay work?

How does buying spotify sub on ebay work?

That's obviously someone else's ,and won't work for long,,,,,, mostly from the US , going on for years

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

That's obviously someone else's ,and won't work for long,,,,,, mostly from the US , going on for years
    Yeah, if you want to go down that route, join a Boards 'family'. Much more reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

I wanted to test whether it was truly unlimited or marketing unlimited. Plus Virgin Media was acting up so very badly that it was practically unusable, so I used VF for a month.

iUgud8z.png

Tethering drains battery very quickly, so it's not very convenient and not something I would want to have on all the time. But I have to say, excellent service by Vodafone. Much better and snappier connection than the horrible experience I was having with Virgin Media's supposed "250Mbps" broadband.

I was getting about 25-30 Mbps with Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭runswithascript

When you avail of one of these offers does it take your €20 credit or leave it on your account?

If it does not take it, can you use it to purchase the TALK add-on and bump the calls feature up to unlimited any network including land lines at any time?

Is there a way to auto-topup without signing up to a bill?

I have been using a Vodafone offer for years where I get unlimited any network calls and texts including landlines and 15GB of Data for €20 topup, but it is not Vodafone X. I am wondering if I should change as I pay for Spotify Student separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭matzen

CyberGhost wrote: »

Tethering drains battery very quickly, so it's not very convenient and not something I would want to have on all the time. But I have to say, excellent service by Vodafone. Much better and snappier connection than the horrible experience I was having with Virgin Media's supposed "250Mbps" broadband.

I was getting about 25-30 Mbps with Vodafone.

How did you get tethering to work? I've tried it a couple of times but it takes money of my credit even though the APN is set to live.vodafone.com

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭sibersha

Thinking of moving to three; Unlimited text, unlimited calls, all you can eat data and 30 mins international calls / 14GB EU data

https://www.three.ie/plans/sim-only/prepay/

Anyone any experience with their coverage? I have used only eir (medicoire) and vodafone (good) last number of years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

sibersha wrote: »
    Thinking of moving to three; Unlimited text, unlimited calls, all you can eat data and 30 mins international calls / 14GB EU data

Anyone any experience with their coverage? I have used only eir (medicoire) and vodafone (good) last number of years

€30 a month isn't exactly good value though for that is it? Would 48 not be a lot better at half the price (albeit no international calls)? Or Gomo?

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭sibersha

€30 a month isn't exactly good value though for that is it? Would 48 not be a lot better at half the price (albeit no international calls)? Or Gomo?

It's half price atm but only until October (prepay) and 2021 (bill) so yeah maybe better going long term option of 48 / Gomo

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

matzen wrote: »
    How did you get tethering to work? I've tried it a couple of times but it takes money of my credit even though the APN is set to live.vodafone.com

IME, you have to actually delete the other APN as it seems to default to the HS one every time regardless. Though I've heard some phones won't allow you to delete it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 41 OsZa

Hi all, I moved my number to 48 2 weeks ago and recently got call from Vodafone "luring back" team. They offered me chat extra plan for €20 and €10 back as credit. I have very bad coverage with all operators but Vodafone works the best. One more thing I had profile set up, so they knew my details. I think it's not a bad deal and still pay as you go so I went for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

OsZa wrote: »
    Hi all, I moved my number to 48 2 weeks ago and recently got call from Vodafone "luring back" team.

Interesting.
    I knew they'd have to do something. I'd say loads are leaving for 48 and GoMo.

Interesting.

Definitely

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Interesting.

But it's not open to everyone and Vodafone can't be trusted with any sitting credit....they're like a child in a sweet shop waiting to grab what they can as demonstrated by poster above re tethering charges.

They need to offer something at the 15e price level to compete.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Ten Pin wrote: »
    They need to offer something at the 15e price level to compete.

I agree. They will have to do better than what they offered above.

Relying on inertia won't cut it anymore either.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭matzen

RoYoBo wrote: »
    IME, you have to actually delete the other APN as it seems to default to the HS one every time regardless. Though I've heard some phones won't allow you to delete it ...

Yeah, my OnePlus 7T won't allow that APN to be deleted ☹️

Yeah, my OnePlus 7T won't allow that APN to be deleted

There isn't an easy direct fix for APN editing/deletion (unless the option is there in the menu). Try the one plus forums online to get an idea of how to do it. It will probably involve connecting phone to a PC and running ADB commands.

Search online for these terms...
    "oneplus 7 tether dun required"
    "oneplus 7 tether block bypass"
    "oneplus 7 APN edit delete"

• Advertisement

matzen wrote: »

As others have mentioned, you have delete the other APN. I was having an issue deleting it too. I played around with it by resetting it, creating new ones, etc.

If I recall it correctly I actually had to call them and have them delete it off my account and then I deleted it on my phone.

Now I only have one: live.vodafone.com.

sibersha wrote: »

I'm currently trying out Three as their PAYG plans are on half price offer.

I want test their claims of unlimited data. Whether it truly is that way or it's just marketing and they throttle.

However, there are two things I don't like straight from the get go.

1. I'm getting pretty slow speeds. About ~15 Mbps. I thought they would be faster.

2. The adult content filter is on by default. I don't like Three thinking they should be policing the web. This is the kind of stuff that people should maybe be made aware of and then turn it on if they want to. But it should not be on by default.
    If you want to turn it off now, you have to register, give them your address, your ID, etc. I don't want to bother with all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭robbiep958

Your off your rocker! 15mbps is not slow for mobile data its could be a lot slower .. its not fixed internet!

robbiep958 wrote: »
    Your off your rocker! 15mbps is not slow for mobile data its could be a lot slower .. its not fixed internet!

Think the op was referring to in comparison with vf( reaches 133 mb yesterday unreal,but it’s up n down

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭paddyirish23

CyberGhost wrote: »
    As others have mentioned, you have delete the other APN. I was having an issue deleting it too. I played around with it by resetting it, creating new ones, etc.

If I recall it correctly I actually had to call them and have them delete it off my account and then I deleted it on my phone.

Now I only have one: live.vodafone.com.

Had same issue on my new Samsung s20, took me ages to figure it out even rang Vodafone and they told me nothing they could do but found if you delete the HS APN it goes back to the other APN which doesn't charge.

Had same issue on my new Samsung s20, took me ages to figure it out even rang Vodafone and they told me nothing they could do but found if you delete the HS APN it goes back to the other APN which doesn't charge.

They used to remove the HS APN on their end when requested but they stopped doing that a couple of years ago...for obvious reasons.

Here's a few posts from Vodafone Reps on boards about this issue....

https://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?user=823238&forum=1270&sort=newest&date_to=&date_from=&query=Delete+hs+apn

...gist of it is they won't help you to delete the HS APN because they make money from it.

Think the op was referring to in comparison with vf( reaches 133 mb yesterday unreal,but it’s up n down

Yes, I was getting 100+ Mbps with Vodafone.

50+ with Eir. Even with Three I remember consistently getting 35+.

So from my experience with 4G, 15Mbps is slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

I see 48 have just doubled data and made Calls and texts unlimited on both price plans, with increases to roaming data also. Excellent value for money. Not on their website, I got it in an email.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

I see 48 have just doubled data and made Calls and texts unlimited on both price plans, with increases to roaming data also. Excellent value for money. Not on their website, I got it in an email.

That's interesting. I moved to 48 on the 1st of September. How long are you a customer?

Kilsmum

• Advertisement

Compared with VF the speeds are dire

Advertisement