Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Descriptions that make you think twice about people

Options

Comments

theteal wrote: »
    WTF? You don't say that about yourself, that's just weird. You just say "expert", if there's no known merit to it, other people will add the "self-proclaimed" bit :confused:

Did someone hurt your feelings? :

Pico Perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

A "Foodie"

Aren't we all darling, aren't we all.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

evil_seed wrote: »
    Random.

Bubbly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Bubbly personality...

You’re fat and you laugh at your own jokes!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Empath

• Advertisement

Hugger

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Grayson wrote: »
    Technology evangelist.

Also County Councillor.

Yep "evangelist" is the one that just screams "tosser", no matter what field it is in relation to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    Empath

You leave Diana Troy alone. She did her best.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

'Blogger'

A web logger seemingly.

You know, if the captain of the first manned mission to Mars kept a log online, I might not actually be bothered reading too much of it after the first few days.

What makes you think that an ordinary person like you could arouse such fascination that people might subscribe to your pointless musings? Get some perspective and control your ego please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

'World traveller' or 'Travel enthusiast' - You just know they're doing to be a complete travel bore.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

'World traveller' or 'Travel enthusiast' - You just know they're doing to be a complete travel bore.

Or the only travel they done was a week in Santa ponsa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭BlackandGreen

"Gamers"

Avoid like the plague.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Christian - (No problem with "Catholic" or "Protestant" or whatever. But "Christian". They mean evangelical Christian but by calling themselves "Christian" they are implying that all other Christian religions are not true Christians and thus inferior.)

Vegan - (Why do vegans identities seem to revolve around the fact that they are vegan? I am NOT a vegan but my identity does not revolve around the fact that I eat meat. I am a multidimensional being (More so as I get older :) )who just so happens to eat meat but I do feel the need to mention it constantly when not dining)

Influencer - (For a week. Get over yourself)

Youtuber - (As above. I will admit that these last two are partly a generational thing. But it seems to me that by the time a person becaomes anyway known then they are already on the way down and people have moved on)

Irish Celebrity - (If your celebrity status is limited to Ireland then you are not a celebrity. You are a "local celebrity" at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Or the only travel they done was a week in Santa ponsa

Not from my experience. It's usually 'This one time I was in India...'.

"Industry Veteran" particularly in relation to Irish business people in the Digital world.

Fergal Quinn is the great exception here, also maybe Ben Dunne.

Technical Guru

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Marketing guru= Complete tosser.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭red petal

- Mammy to a little prince/princess
    - Public figure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Vegan.

No joke, I got handed a CV off a student last week looking for Summer work and she mentioned her veganism..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Curvy

*I'm dangerously obese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Social media NINJA.

(Saw that yesterday in a job description).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

Balanadan wrote: »
    Or "life coach".

Came across a new one recently - "Parenting Coach".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

killanena wrote: »
    No joke, I got handed a CV off a student last week looking for Summer work and she mentioned her veganism..

For some reason I read that as she mentioned her vagina-ism.

On one end of the spectrum, anti-vaxxers with degrees in Unicorn therapies dressed in hemp and crystals and peddling lies, and most who describe themselves as alternative.

On the other end, anyone who tells me they're actually very intelligent or well read, or that 'all' their friends think they're a genius.

Full time mad bastards, especially those who have 'the bants', and wannabe kooky types who'll excuse any bad behaviour because it's just because they're so very, very random.

I like most people though.

Quietly Spoken.

you talk sh|t in a low nasal voice

Takes no sh|t

you'll kick off at the slightest provication

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Middle management that refer to themselves as 'leaders' instead of managers.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

Curvy

*I'm dangerously obese.
    Full-figured

• Registered Users Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Doesn't suffer fools.

*Lacks any kind of charm or social skills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Duane Dibbley

Professional

If you look at the likes of Daft.ie Many listings in the Rent section include "Would suit professionals" or "Would suit professional couple"

unemployed need not apply to this ad

"I say it like it is"

I'm an ignorant oaf who can't be bothered to even try hide my lack of tact, decency or taste.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hedgelayer

Empath

Advertisement