Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Formula 1 2019 - Round 4 - Baku

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭Killinator

Nic_Col wrote: »
    No matter what Hamilton says or does even if innocuous as that tweet, there's always someone waiting to put a negative spin on it. It's bizarre.

Probably literally thousands of people tweeting about it but Hamilton is singled out. How can anyone use that tweet as a mark against him I just can't fathom!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Second red flag of the day after Stroll hitting the barrier at Turn 3. He'll have very little running done today. LeClerc had a moment against barriers, and Bottas clipping the barriers doing a spin-turn. If only they had vast expanses of tarmac to save them :rolleyes:

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,589 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Killinator wrote: »
    Probably literally thousands of people tweeting about it but Hamilton is singled out. How can anyone use that tweet as a mark against him I just can't fathom!

Well, he is not just anyone. He’s the face of the sport..

The sport doesn’t need its own adding to the criticisms and negativity...

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭patmahe

walshb wrote: »

For what its worth I would have been a critic of Hamilton's in his early days but I was really impressed with him last year and so far this year. I think losing out to Rosberg actually made him better.

His days of spitting out the dummy when things don't go his way seem to be behind him and any questions he asks of the team are done in a constructive way so they will all be better next time out.

He has matured into his 'ambassador of the sport' role nicely and is very likeable these days. He has adapted himself and his personality in order to get what he wants and the sport as a whole obviously means a great deal to him, I think now he is secure as one of the sports greats he has relaxed and begun to think of the legacy he wants to leave behind when he retires.

Good on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭Killinator

walshb wrote: »

So Claire Williams (one of the sports own) should keep sthum too?
    The commentators (also the sports own) were all critical.

It was a valid comment by one of the people who has to drive over those potentially dangerous drain covers and many would say as 'the face of the sport' that he was right or even obliged to comment on it.

It's needless nitpicking to criticise him over that, he'll give plenty of valid opportunities I'm sure down the line, just not this time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

No major fan of Hamilton, but reads fairly jokey and as good humoured as you can be when FP1 is stopped, which has knock on effects for the rest of the weekend.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Joeface

Gasly has to start from the pitlane now , missed a call to weigh in

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/142974/stewards-order-gasly-to-start-from-pitlane

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Nice, maybe Gasly can emulate Albon's pit start to 10th done in China! If he doesn't, there's more pressure on him than ever before.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

It was after 4 races Red Bull swapped Kvyat for Verstappen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

pjohnson wrote: »
    It was after 4 races Red Bull swapped Kvyat for Verstappen.

The tragedy is I don't think Gasley has been in a position to torpedo a Ferrari yet...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,409 ✭✭✭Harika

F2 race did not disappoint

• Registered Users Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

j47p7ieklru21.jpg

Williams Rear Wing set-up is basically a billboard by comparison to the lower Renault rear wing (which Ricciardo has said is actually too low and wants changed).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Harika wrote: »
    F2 race did not disappoint

It had a bit of everything alright. some interesting tactics on safety car restart, holding the pack right up to the line. Would that work in F1 I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

is there highlights of these races online

is there highlights of these races online

The F1 YouTube channel usually pops up a short highlights video for the F2 races as well. Not sure about more detailed highlights or race replays

Sky covering all the things we need to see as ever, Croft and Herbert goofing around making bread. Yeah, because that's informative

• Registered Users Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

is sky 1 showing the race

I don't believe so, I think it's the F1 channel only this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭Inviere

skipper_G wrote: »
    Sky covering all the things we need to see as ever, Croft and Herbert goofing around making bread. Yeah, because that's informative

Why is it always Herbert, always, involved in all that absolute garbage. He’s never really involved in the serious more informative segments.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,810 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Nope. Because at this stage anyone who forked out for Sky Sports would be getting pretty peeved, I'm sure some others will return. No doubt Sky will try to undermine Channel 4s one and only live race, the British Grand Prix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,438 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Silver bullet drinking game before the start of qualifying. Did toto learn a new phrase or what ? And Ferrari might be supposedly ahead but I don't know if I trust them to actually do the business.

The track is just getting faster and faster

Renault aren't having a good qualifying so far.

It's nuts that Hamilton going P3 and may not be completely safe.

People might get caught out if they are sitting in the garage. Probably only Gasly and Leclerc safe now

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Renault aren't having a good qualifying so far.

Looks a handful under braking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Some lap by GAS to be fair.

skipper_G wrote: »
    Looks a handful under braking

And fair play to both drivers to keep the cars out of the wall.

Some lap by GAS to be fair.

And he won't be able to start wherever he qualifies.

• Advertisement

Williams in the wall at the castle. Red flag

Edit: Bob, looks okay

Advertisement