Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is a Fianna Fail - Sinn Fein coalition inevitable?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭Chiparus

Both FF and FG are eyeing up their own versions of option 2, according to this article https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/fine-gael-tries-to-woo-potential-coalition-partners-1.3868595
    However I agree with you that barring some extraordinary turnabout there is no way FF will have the numbers to form such a government. And at the moment it's looking like a longshot that FG will either.

If FF come in second behind FG again, they will face a range of unpalatable options, and I think it's quite likely that Martin will immediately resign and leave the choice to his successor. I wouldn't rule out a reprise of the current arrangement, on the basis that it would be the worst option for FF, apart from all the others.

Or he could form a coalition with SF and become taoiseach?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Chiparus wrote: »

Even though he has categorically ruled this out and repeatedly denounced SF as the fount of evil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭oceanman

Even though he has categorically ruled this out and repeatedly denounced SF as the fount of evil.
    what?..a politician going back on his word....never

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭mattser

Two cheeks of the same arse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

If I had the power I'd have made Fianna Fail an illegal organisation years ago. Some neck. I always get a laugh out of FF/FG citing their morals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Key areas like housing and health Are just going to get worse. Would love to see that snake varadkar removed as Taoiseach firstly and as head of fg secondly!

Losing his seat is probably too much to ask for !

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

oceanman wrote: »
    what?..a politician going back on his word....never
    mattser wrote: »
    Two cheeks of the same arse

Cut out the one-liners please.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

I have good news for Roscommon Hospital, Enda Kenny has promised the people of roscommon that their A&E will be safe under Fine Gael.

In other news

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/sargent-rules-out-coalition-with-fianna-fail-1.1035243

I have good news for Roscommon Hospital, Enda Kenny has promised the people of roscommon that their A&E will be safe under Fine Gael.

In other news

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/sargent-rules-out-coalition-with-fianna-fail-1.1035243

Well if you fancy a wager than MM will lead his party into coalition with SF I'm willing to offer one on very favourable terms.

Well if you fancy a wager than MM will lead his party into coalition with SF I'm willing to offer one on very favourable terms.

Not much of a gambler but I will put one on PP if you like.

Not that I dont trust you, of course.;)

Tell me is Mickey still opposed to repealing the 8th?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,380 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Both FF and FG are eyeing up their own versions of option 2, according to this article https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/fine-gael-tries-to-woo-potential-coalition-partners-1.3868595
    However I agree with you that barring some extraordinary turnabout there is no way FF will have the numbers to form such a government. And at the moment it's looking like a longshot that FG will either.

If FF come in second behind FG again, they will face a range of unpalatable options, and I think it's quite likely that Martin will immediately resign and leave the choice to his successor. I wouldn't rule out a reprise of the current arrangement, on the basis that it would be the worst option for FF, apart from all the others.

If FF finish second, then Martin will have to go. They will be desperate to get into government and will think that they can do to Sinn Fein what they did to the PDs and the Greens.

Next Government
    GOVERNMENT AFTER NEXT ELECTION
    Fine Gael/Sinn Fein
    5/1
    Fine Gael/Independents
    5/1
    Fine Gael Minority
    5/1
    Fine Gael/Fianna Fail
    7/1
    Fianna Fail/Sinn Fein
    7/1
    Fianna Fail/Independents
    10/1
    FG/Lab/SD/Green
    14/1
    Fine Gael/Labour
    18/1
    Fianna Fail Minority
    20/1
    Fine Gael Majority
    25/1
    Fianna Fail/Labour
    33/1
    Fianna Fail Majority
    66/1
    SF/Lab/SD/Solidarity/Green
    100/1
    Sinn Fein Majority
    200/1

Interesting odds on FG/SF

Not much of a gambler but I will put one on PP if you like.

I don't think you'd get odds on this particular question. You can bet on an FF/SF coalition, which I see as unlikely but not inconceivable. However, it's not going to happen on Martin's watch.

Next Government
    GOVERNMENT AFTER NEXT ELECTION
    Fine Gael/Sinn Fein
    5/1
    Fine Gael/Independents
    5/1
    Fine Gael Minority
    5/1
    Fine Gael/Fianna Fail
    7/1
    Fianna Fail/Sinn Fein
    7/1
    Fianna Fail/Independents
    10/1
    FG/Lab/SD/Green
    14/1
    Fine Gael/Labour
    18/1
    Fianna Fail Minority
    20/1
    Fine Gael Majority
    25/1
    Fianna Fail/Labour
    33/1
    Fianna Fail Majority
    66/1
    SF/Lab/SD/Solidarity/Green
    100/1
    Sinn Fein Majority
    200/1

Interesting odds on FG/SF

The numbers suggest that is the most likely, hence the odds at this stage. IF you look down the list, it is purely a numbers job. It is only when an election campaign gets going, and polls start and things get said, that we will see a realistic assessment.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭John DoeReMi

Being a FF leader automatically means being comfortable with lying, u-turns, flip flops and and advanced spoofing. That's how Ahern was so successful. He refused to take a clear position on anything and where he was forced to, would happily take a completely opposite stance the next day if it was necessary to con people into voting FF.

At the end of the day, the only thing that matters to FF is:

1) Take power by any means necessary short of violence.
    2) Hold onto power by any means necessary short of violence. Remember how they suspended the basic democratic right to vote for the people of three constituencies during the Cowen era, until SF brought them to the High Court? Think about that for a minute - Sinn Fein, of all people, as the last hope for democracy in Ireland. Politics, Zimbabwe style, brought to you by FF.

Martin will do a deal with SF if it's the only option for FF to take power again. It's only a matter of time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Being a FF leader automatically means being comfortable with lying, u-turns, flip flops and and advanced spoofing. That's how Ahern was so successful. He refused to take a clear position on anything and where he was forced to, would happily take a completely opposite stance the next day if it was necessary to con people into voting FF.

At the end of the day, the only thing that matters to FF is:

1) Take power by any means necessary short of violence.
    2) Hold onto power by any means necessary short of violence. Remember how they suspended the basic democratic right to vote for the people of three constituencies during the Cowen era, until SF brought them to the High Court? Think about that for a minute - Sinn Fein, of all people, as the last hope for democracy in Ireland. Politics, Zimbabwe style, brought to you by FF.

Martin will do a deal with SF if it's the only option for FF to take power again. It's only a matter of time

I think thats why martin has to go , completely shafted his parties explicit, voted for multiple times wishes of not wanting to repeal the 8th . There is no reason to believe that martin wouldnt jump in with the shinners. The FF membership and many deputies have made it clear that this is the most catastrophic option for Ireland and should never be on the table, The FF leadership needs somebody who understands that.

I think thats why martin has to go , completely shafted his parties explicit, voted for multiple times wishes of not wanting to repeal the 8th . There is no reason to believe that martin wouldnt jump in with the shinners. The FF membership and many deputies have made it clear that this is the most catastrophic option for Ireland and should never be on the table, The FF leadership needs somebody who understands that.

You don't think he has been vehement enough in his denunciations of SF or in ruling out coalition with them?:eek: I'm struggling to imagine what more he could say or do in that regard, burn an effigy of Mary Lou outside the Dail or something. And if you don't trust Martin to keep his word on coalition with SF, why would you trust any other FF leader?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

You don't think he has been vehement enough in his denunciations of SF or in ruling out coalition with them?:eek: I'm struggling to imagine what more he could say or do in that regard, burn an effigy of Mary Lou outside the Dail or something. And if you don't trust Martin to keep his word on coalition with SF, why would you trust any other FF leader?:confused:

He had said multiple times in the past that he wouldnt prop up FG either , he's a weak leader and always has been. FF has a lot better people to run the show that wouldnt leave them consistently second place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

He had said multiple times in the past that he wouldnt prop up FG either , he's a weak leader and always has been. FF has a lot better people to run the show that wouldnt leave them consistently second place.

Who exactly? Repeal the 8th vote proved that FF voters are generally quite old. Many of heir hardcore supporters are dying out. They will never do anything better than 2nd place now

Who exactly? Repeal the 8th vote proved that FF voters are generally quite old. Many of heir hardcore supporters are dying out. They will never do anything better than 2nd place now

I wish however there's a type of voter looks after A number 1 and they'll happily shift from FG to FF if it profits them. Choose looking at the small picture. As long as we've selfish people we'll have a number willing to vote FF/FG depending on what way the wind is blowing.
    FG are a great example actually, look after number 1, 'our own' and then wonder why we've a growing class of people who can't get from one week to the next without some form of aid and then call them 'entitled'. We need rid of the pair of them.

• Advertisement

Actually its the FF TDs who are more open to coalition with SF.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/backbench-td-contradicts-micheal-martin-on-sinn-fein-coalition-460652.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,588 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Presumably thinking there's no other way the Ministerial pension is going to appear, more than anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Keep an eye on Stephen Donnelly.

I don't see how being weak or dithering or indecisive or however you want to describe Martin would make him more likely to take FF into coalition with SF.:confused: IT seems to me it would take gumption (albeit of the wrong sort in your eyes) to grasp that particular nettle. Whereas the path of least resistance would be to renew the current arrangement with FG...

I don't see how being weak or dithering or indecisive or however you want to describe Martin would make him more likely to take FF into coalition with SF.:confused: IT seems to me it would take gumption (albeit of the wrong sort in your eyes) to grasp that particular nettle. Whereas the path of least resistance would be to renew the current arrangement with FG...

Martin would be ousted if the current arrangement continues after the next election.
    When faced with either continuing on in defacto coalition with FG , but pretending to be the opposition , while being ousted as leader or going into coalition with SF but remaining as leader of FF and becoming taoiseach, my money would be on the latter.

FF grassroots will not allow the current arrangement to continue.

I wish however there's a type of voter looks after A number 1 and they'll happily shift from FG to FF if it profits them. Choose looking at the small picture. As long as we've selfish people we'll have a number willing to vote FF/FG depending on what way the wind is blowing.
    FG are a great example actually, look after number 1, 'our own' and then wonder why we've a growing class of people who can't get from one week to the next without some form of aid and then call them 'entitled'. We need rid of the pair of them.

By the same token, aren't those who don't like water charges and vote for Sinn Fein on that basis, only looking after Number 1, so they don't have to pay for water charges?

People vote for what they perceive will benefit them - number 1 - and that is true for how all parties get their votes. Sinn Fein and PBP pretend that they can get huge taxes by taxing rich people and sticking it to the man, so people vote for them on the basis that they will get something (more social welfare, more spending, less taxes on them) from it.

blanch152 wrote: »
    By the same token, aren't those who don't like water charges and vote for Sinn Fein on that basis, only looking after Number 1, so they don't have to pay for water charges?

People vote for what they perceive will benefit them - number 1 - and that is true for how all parties get their votes. Sinn Fein and PBP pretend that they can get huge taxes by taxing rich people and sticking it to the man, so people vote for them on the basis that they will get something (more social welfare, more spending, less taxes on them) from it.

FG became none too fussed on Irish Water and Water charges in the end up also, lest we forget.

Minister for Finance Michael Noonan has said Fine Gael must get the “dead cat” of water charges off the agenda before an election.
    Mr Noonan said their position on water charges had cost the party votes and seats and it is “entirely in our interest” to kill off the debate.

Bunch of populists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭christy c

FG became none too fussed on Irish Water and Water charges in the end up also, lest we forget.

Minister for Finance Michael Noonan has said Fine Gael must get the “dead cat” of water charges off the agenda before an election.

Bunch of populists.

So is the argument that SF are just no worse than the others? Inspiring stuff

christy c wrote: »
    So is the argument that SF are just no worse than the others?

Or that the current lot are no better than the others. As blanch has already posted, clearly looking after No1.
    However Mr Noonan insisted the “political priority is to get this off the agenda before we’re back on the doors”.
    Half a dozen of one and six of the other.
    Inspiring stuff
    Riveting altogether.

• Advertisement

Half a dozen of one and six of the other

I broadly agree, I'd put SF marginally worse though but yeah I think best case SF would be about level

Or that the current lot are no better than the others. As blanch has already posted, clearly looking after No1.

Half a dozen of one and six of the other.

Riveting altogether.

The point I am making (in case it is misunderstood) that voters for all parties are looking after number 1 in most cases. There was a misplaced idea that it is only voters for FF and FG who are looking after number 1 when in fact most people vote for a party that is going to do something for them at the expense of someone else.

Only castigating FF and FG for appealing to people wanting to look after number 1 is a short-sighted, misinformed opinion. In fact, anyone who actually believes that most voters for other parties are doing otherwise than looking after number 1 could well be suffering from a delusion.

I would put the proportion of voters who think about voting on the basis of what is best for the country at around 10% and the number who actually do it somewhat less.

blanch152 wrote: »
    The point I am making (in case it is misunderstood) that voters for all parties are looking after number 1 in most cases. There was a misplaced idea that it is only voters for FF and FG who are looking after number 1 when in fact most people vote for a party that is going to do something for them at the expense of someone else.

Only castigating FF and FG for appealing to people wanting to look after number 1 is a short-sighted, misinformed opinion. In fact, anyone who actually believes that most voters for other parties are doing otherwise than looking after number 1 could well be suffering from a delusion.

I would put the proportion of voters who think about voting on the basis of what is best for the country at around 10% and the number who actually do it somewhat less.

That explains why FF/FG have been at the helm for so long.
    Looking after number one by supporting parties with little to no chance of getting into government anytime soon seems very odd. Unless of course you like the cut of their jib for other reasons.

We often read how parties on single digit percentage support are merely populist while FF/FG seem to do well by making hard choices, such as bankrupting the country, austerity and gross mismanagement. I think once the lights remain on we'll be stuck with FF/FG in one form or other. What does that say about us?

It's sad but I've come to the realisation that the best thing that could happen to the country is a FF/SF government, in no small thanks to FG.
    Housing, health, education would be tackled and while FF will wet their beak and likely an element of SF, the country will be far better off with improving rather than worsening crises. The days of 'economy' first and only are shown to be a farce. I could take more austerity if it meant working taxpayers could support themselves.

I see that FG have promised to slash lpt in whatever areas they get local candidates into for the local elections (doh) while FF have refused to match their promise, only going so far as saying they'll (FF) only promise not to raise LPT in whatever areas they get into in the locals.

If you were championing FG introducing the LPT and lauding them for doing so, then surely you'd have to be viewing them as being possibly financial populists and fiscally irresponsible right now, or are we back to the football team unwavering support?

I will definitely enjoy the spin room minions response on social media outlets to this conundrum in the coming weeks. :)

I see that FG have promised to slash lpt in whatever areas they get local candidates into for the local elections (doh) while FF have refused to match their promise, only going so far as saying they'll (FF) only promise not to raise LPT in whatever areas they get into in the locals.

If you were championing FG introducing the LPT and lauding them for doing so, then surely you'd have to be viewing them as being possibly financial populists and fiscally irresponsible right now, or are we back to the football team unwavering support?

I will definitely enjoy the spin room minions response on social media outlets to this conundrum in the coming weeks. :)

Is this just more childish, "look over there" political point scoring? If that is true, then yes, it is financial populism and irresponsible. But doesn't change the fact that SF have been proposing irresponsible nonsense for years.

Seems that you have no issue with SF doing it but when FG do it you're on here beaming with joy.

Is this just more childish, "look over there" political point scoring? If that is true, then yes, it is financial populism and irresponsible. But doesn't change the fact that SF have been proposing irresponsible nonsense for years.

Seems that you have no issue with SF doing it but when FG do it you're on here beaming with joy.

Seems you misread my question, as I never as much as mentioned the shinners:confused:

However, I thank you for your honesty.
    If that is true, then yes, it is financial populism and irresponsible

• Advertisement

Seems you misread my question, as I never as much as mentioned the shinners:confused:

In a thread about SF and FF I assumed that there was some reference to them, particularly when (from memory) you said you did/would vote for SF. Maybe you just posted in the wrong thread?

Anyway, to get back on topic, do you agree with FG cutting LPT? If yes, then why bring it up in a SF/FF thread? If no, then I assume you'd be equally as critical of any party who proposed cutting it?

In a thread about SF and FF I assumed that there was some reference to them,

In a thread about SF/FF potential coalition, yes there's going to be some reference to Sinn Fein, that's inevitable I suppose, but in my lpt related post, I didn't bring them up, I know they campaigned against the introduction of LPT, and have been reducing it (With FGs blessings) in what councils they have major sayings in (as they said they'd do)
    particularly when (from memory) you said you did/would vote for SF. Maybe you just posted in the wrong thread?
    Your memory isn't standing over you particularly well, but my voting preferences aren't relevant anyway.
    Anyway, to get back on topic, do you agree with FG cutting LPT? If yes, then why bring it up in a SF/FF thread? If no, then I assume you'd be equally as critical of any party who proposed cutting it?

Oh I'm not being critical, I said I'm going to enjoy their frape room minions spinning their reasons for doing so following their previous spinning for the need to introduce it, and the absolute necessity to do so. :)

In a thread about SF/FF potential coalition, yes there's going to be some reference to Sinn Fein, that's inevitable I suppose, but in my lpt related post, I didn't bring them up, I know they campaigned against the introduction of LPT, and have been reducing it (With FGs blessings) in what councils they have major sayings in (as they said they'd do)

Your memory isn't standing over you particularly well, but my voting preferences aren't relevant anyway.

Oh I'm not being critical, I said I'm going to enjoy their frape room minions spinning their reasons for doing so following their previous spinning for the need to introduce it, and the absolute necessity to do so. :)

Firstly, apologies I thought you said you would vote for SF.

Again I don't see why you would bring up FG's LPT position in a thread about two other political parties.

And lastly, seems I was correct in that it was just childish point scoring- "Frape room", "minions".

Firstly, apologies I thought you said you voted for SF.

I give them a vote, but (from memory) it was behind Catherine Murphy and James Lawless, I vote on a candidates ability and work ethic in the past, the FG candidate was a donkey, and deservedly lost his seat last time out.
    Again I don't see why you would bring up FG's LPT position in a thread about two other political parties.
    Really? You don't see why I would bring up an incumbent party's promises in an upcoming election, and how their bedfellows/opposition/2-in1 titled in this thread won't match their promise?

Why wouldn't I bring it up? Tis a fairly relevant topic to bring up in this thread.
    And lastly, seems I was correct in that it was just childish point scoring- "Frape room", "minions".

Chillax, it's just a tongue in cheek reference to a recent article that exposed how Leo wanted party members to shill talk shows under the pretence of being ordinary Joe's. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

It's sad but I've come to the realisation that the best thing that could happen to the country is a FF/SF government, in no small thanks to FG.
    Housing, health, education would be tackled and while FF will wet their beak and likely an element of SF, the country will be far better off with improving rather than worsening crises. The days of 'economy' first and only are shown to be a farce. I could take more austerity if it meant working taxpayers could support themselves.

How do you see that occurring?
    Im in no way being antagonist about it, I'm curious how you think it would actually be implemented?
    My understanding of FF from my experience is largely they do similar stuff as FG. I think they are a bit better economically but at the same time, they really mad some big mess last time with inaction or protective measures, and while i agree with the bailout.. i think it was hugely harmful too.

When it comes to SF.. They seem like they would never fire/sack/lay off people from the health care, and it seems that many roles are hugely over populated, and i never hear them suggest anything to make it more efficient.
    I'd see them as creating alot more social housing.. but this just kinda prolongs the problem as i can see it.. Sure.. its already so crazy that some people work so hard to get a home, and others are given one for so little.. it really de-incentives people to earn as hard, and in the future...those that are given houses now will have no capital to rest on in their pension years

• Advertisement

Really? You don't see why I would bring up an incumbent party's promises in an upcoming election, and how their bedfellows/opposition/2-in1 titled in this thread won't match their promise?

Why wouldn't I bring it up? Tis a fairly relevant topic to bring up in this thread.

Chillax, it's just a tongue in cheek reference to a recent article that exposed how Leo wanted party members to shill talk shows under the pretence of being ordinary Joe's. :cool:

Fine, I don't see it as particularly relevant but I see your point.

I wouldn't really call it tongue in cheek, more childish than anything.

Fine, I don't see it as particularly relevant but I see your point.

I wouldn't really call it tongue in cheek, more childish than anything.

Why do you care? Personally I wouldn't give a dam about how someone referred to a newspaper article unless it had touched some kind of a nerve.

A political partys WhatsApp messages being leaked would be way beyond anything I might care in the slightest to though, but this prob goes back to my football team analogy.

I read recently in a poll, that many wanted improved services rather than tax cuts. L!O!L is this the same welfare careerists and primarily elderly who have been moaning about any lpt increase? Pathetic. Forgot the water charges , going back there would be madness. But the lpt and all its bull**** exemptions should be brining in a lot more and use it for income tax reductions and housing. Tax take from income taxes gone from twelve to over twenty billion in the last few years!

Idbatterim wrote: »
    I read recently in a poll, that many wanted improved services rather than tax cuts. L!O!L is this the same welfare careerists and primarily elderly who have been moaning about any lpt increase? Pathetic. Forgot the water charges , going back there would be madness. But the lpt and all its bull**** exemptions should be brining in a lot more and use it for income tax reductions and housing. Tax take from income taxes gone from twelve to over twenty billion in the last few years!

The gamekeeper has turned poacher ldb.

Why do you care? Personally I wouldn't give a dam about how someone referred to a newspaper article unless it had touched some kind of a nerve.

A political partys WhatsApp messages being leaked would be way beyond anything I might care in the slightest to though, but this prob goes back to my football team analogy.

Don't worry, I'm not going to have sleepless nights about it. I saw something I thought was childish and said so.

Don't worry, I'm not going to have sleepless nights about it. I saw something I thought was childish and said so.

Did you contact the news site and tell them the same?

Fine Gaels Frape Room

No point in letting me know.

Did you contact the news site and tell them the same?

Fine Gaels Frape Room

No point in letting me know.

You seem to be giving this too much thought, this is a discussion forum and when you said something childish I pointed that out. Whether I contacted an external news site or not is irrelevant.

You seem to be giving this too much thought, this is a discussion forum and when you said something childish I pointed that out. Whether I contacted an external news site or not is irrelevant.

No christy, you are the one who seems to be giving it too much thought, I posted that FG have promised to slash lpt in whatever areas they get into, FF have refused to match this promise.

Now given that there was huge resistance to the introduction of LPT, and FG and their online supporters had given all kinds of reasons for the need to introduce it, and many (even on this site) have been telling us that it's way too low (arguably), i stated that I was looking forward to the frape room minions spinning this bit of an about turn by them.

You appeared to call me out on the "Frape Room minion" post as being childish, I explained it was a tongue in cheek reference to an earlier article, to which you repeated your remarks, to which I replied explaining exactly what it meant, why it was tongue in cheek, and even did the courtesy of linking you to same.

First you were annoyed at me even daring to bring up the incumbents in the thread to begin with, but that's not how a discussion website works.

No christy, you are the one who seems to be giving it too much thought, I posted that FG have promised to slash lpt in whatever areas they get into, FF have refused to match this promise.

Now given that there was huge resistance to the introduction of LPT, and FG and their online supporters had given all kinds of reasons for the need to introduce it, and many (even on this site) have been telling us that it's way too low (arguably), i stated that I was looking forward to the frape room minions spinning this bit of an about turn by them.

You appeared to call me out on the "Frape Room minion" post as being childish, I explained it was a tongue in cheek reference to an earlier article, to which you repeated your remarks, to which I replied explaining exactly what it meant, why it was tongue in cheek, and even did the courtesy of linking you to same.

First you were annoyed at me even daring to bring up the incumbents in the thread to begin with, but that's not how a discussion website works.

I still think the Frape room and minions thing was childish, even if another website uses that phrase it doesn't make it less childish. You say tongue in cheek, I say childish. I'll agree to disagree

“Now given that there was huge resistance to the introduction of LPT, and FG and their online supporters had given all kinds of reasons for the need to introduce it, and many (even on this site) have been telling us that it's way too low (arguably), i stated that I was looking forward to the frape room minions spinning this bit of an about turn by them.” What do you mean that the .18% lpt is too low ? I get the impression many on boards , would like to see every tax scrapped other than income taxes! Instead of having workers pay for nearly everything, the should pay for the lot!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement