Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grace Park Wood Development, Drumcondra

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Carey8123 wrote: »
    @kceire: Would the building regulations also mean that they could not leave the bathroom un-tiled / unfinished?  Bad enough having to organise someone to instal a shower, I really don't want to have to pay to rip out a bath which has just been installed.  Separately, I was told that with the seals on a high energy efficient house, adding plugs and moving TV points afterwards would (without alot of work) breach the seals and reduce the rating.  If that is the case, the developer's refusal is particularly egregious. 

@ Househunter30: I agree re the shower head.  You can't even use the bath as a shower given the central location of the taps and the sloped sides on the bath.

From a building regulation point of view, no he could leave the bathroom at first fix level and let you kit it out. It's a PITA that they won't allow alterations but I can see why they don't, as they then have to micromanage each house and each buyers particular set of alterations.

Adding plugs, tv points etc can effect the air tightness membrane behind he plasterboard unless you are really careful. I'll root out some pics on Monday to show its position.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Carey8123

Fada70 wrote: »
    Does anyone know anything about the imposed management company? Any indication re the management fees? I viewed a house in a similar development, the mgm fee was 1980 Euro/year.

For the three beds it is 575. It includes bins, maintenance of the extensive green areas and public liability insurance. I think it goes up to circa 800 for the 5 beds. The apartments are around 1700.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Fada70

[font=Arial, "Trebuchet MS", sans-serif, Verdana]Can a singlestorey extension to the rear of the house of 35 square metres  (leaving 25 square metres of garden) be built without the estate management company permission?[/font]

[font=Arial, "Trebuchet MS", sans-serif, Verdana]Can a singlestorey extension to the rear of the house of 35 square metres  (leaving 25 square metres of garden) be built without the estate management company permission?[/font]

It depends on the parent Planning Application.
        Normally it would be exempted development, but in many new estates where density is already at the max, there will be a condition that de-exempts the exemptions.

It would appear that this development doesn't carry this condition, but you'd have to satisfy yourself that its ok, or engage someone to advise.

Plan Ref is 2991/15.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 eternal31

Anyone knows there is a new development called clay farm in leopardstown? How do you think of it compared with Grace park wood. Which is better?

I think houses of two developments would be similar, including the price range. The main factor that impacts would be areas they are located. I'm not familiar with Drumcondra and Leopardstown both areas. Can someone give me some advice on it please?

anyone knows any news about next launch time?
        Is there any good school (creche, primary, middle school) near this area?

[font=arial, sans-serif]I do not know much about first/second level educational institutions in the area. I have great experience with DCU and St Pat's tho. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Has anyone received GPW contract? A[/font][font=arial, sans-serif] pre-contract letter arrived a while ago, nothing since...[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I do not know much about first/second level educational institutions in the area. I have great experience with DCU and St Pat's tho. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Has anyone received GPW contract? A[/font][font=arial, sans-serif] pre-contract letter arrived a while ago, nothing since...[/font]
        My solicitor received the contract from the developer's solicitor, Byrne Wallace, in mid/late July and I have signed my contract and paid the additional balance to hit the 10% marker.  November is given as the target month for completion of my house so perhaps the contracts are staggered based on expected time of completion.  Also, the documents make various references to the approach where additional work is agreed to by the developer and purchaser - perhaps this implies there will be a more flexible approach on requests after contract signature.

Can anyone recommend a solicitor to buy a house please?

• Advertisement

My solicitor received the contract from the developer's solicitor, Byrne Wallace, in mid/late July and I have signed my contract and paid the additional balance to hit the 10% marker.  November is given as the target month for completion of my house so perhaps the contracts are staggered based on expected time of completion.  Also, the documents make various references to the approach where additional work is agreed to by the developer and purchaser - perhaps this implies there will be a more flexible approach on requests after contract signature.
        Congratulations! The three months will fly by. 
        Great news re possible changes/additional work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Separately, I was told that with the seals on a high energy efficient house, adding plugs and moving TV points afterwards would (without alot of work) breach the seals and reduce the rating.  If that is the case, the developer's refusal is particularly egregious. 

You were told wrong. Ratings are not that sensitive and are notoriously inaccurate . It could affect the thermal efficiency in theory but in reality it wouldn't unless somebody did a terrible job that anybody would notice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭AsianDub

What do people think of these houses?

Congratulations! The three months will fly by. 
        Great news re possible changes/additional work.

Possibly just text from previous contracts that hasn't been removed.
        I don't think anyone has successfully got the builder to make any alterations as of yet.
        Ray Palmer wrote: »
        You were told wrong. Ratings are not that sensitive and are notoriously inaccurate . It could affect the thermal efficiency in theory but in reality it wouldn't unless somebody did a terrible job that anybody would notice.

It depends on the location. It's most likely to do with the air tightness envelope and that currently, every cable penetrating the envelope is sealed and wrapped in air tightness tape. So if you go chasing new cables through, the air tightness will be breached.

eternal31 wrote: »
        Can anyone recommend a solicitor to buy a house please?
        I went with solicitors near my office in Tallaght (O'Cochlain & Co Solicitors) who were recommended by some friends.  The firm (in particular, Lorraine Kane[font=arial, sans-serif]) [/font]has been excellent throughout and walked me patiently through the huge bible of documents received from Byrne Wallace.

GPW in the background in the 6 o'clock news - Bang Bang (23:25).

• Advertisement
      • Registered Users Posts: 6 BCunn

GPW in the background in the 6 o'clock news - Bang Bang (23:25).

Quite relieved to see that was a tribute to someone and not a story about a gangland shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cmchugh82

Target move in by November sounds great. We're getting different dates from Savills and our solicitor ranging as far as April 2018. Which road did you buy on?

The size of Ash type (3-bed house) is 105 sqm. How do you find the size of 105 sqm please? Is it big enough or not? Can people feel much difference between 105 sqm and 115 sqm/120 sqm?

cmchugh82 wrote: »

Target move in by November sounds great. We're getting different dates from Savills and our solicitor ranging as far as April 2018. Which road did you buy on?
        My house is on the first road (Grace Park Grove).  This is the first road after the five bed houses and is made up of 3 & 4 beds.  The house is on the right as one walks down.
        eternal31 wrote: »
        The size of Ash type (3-bed house) is 105 sqm. How do you find the size of 105 sqm please? Is it big enough or not? Can people feel much difference between 105 sqm and 115 sqm/120 sqm?
        My house is an Ash - I haven't moved in yet but it seems like a decent size, especially when you compare it to the 1970/1980's houses in the area (circa 85-90 sqm) and the overpriced box-like apartments being built close to the city centre.  That said, if I had an extra 100k, the 4 bed option in Grace Park would have been very appealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 LeahH

Hi All,

I am hoping to buy in phase 2 which is happening soon. I am concerned I might have to queue overnight due to demand as I know phase 1 sold out on the first day. Anyone who bought in phase 1 I'd really like to know did you queue in advance ?
        Anyone planning on phase 2 are you planning to queue, love to here from people about this ?

Thanks

• Advertisement
      • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Ronney

LeahH wrote: »
        Hi All,

I am hoping to buy in phase 2 which is happening soon. I am concerned I might have to queue overnight due to demand as I know phase 1 sold out on the first day. Anyone who bought in phase 1 I'd really like to know did you queue in advance ?
        Anyone planning on phase 2 are you planning to queue, love to here from people about this ?

Thanks

Q for Phase 1 started bout 10am on the Friday morning. Launch for people who had pre registered started at 2

Thanks for that Ronny,
        Do you know if they handed out numbers so that people were seen in order of the queue after they looked around ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Ronney

Yea they gave out appointment times, 1st 7/8 got 2.30, next 7/8 got 2.45 etc

Anyone any further info on converting the attic in the 3 beds, I think that's what I'll be looking at.
        Is it more complicated to convert a timber frame attic then a regular block built house ?
        Has anyone got any indication on cost for the attic conversion ?

Tickets were given to people by the EA as early as Wednesday as a queue started to form and the developer didn't want the negative publicity.

There was a longer queue stretching down Grace Park Road on launch day. People with tickets were brought up the top of the queue and allowed to enter the development first for an hour and then the crowd outside would be allowed in a hour later. People thought they would have the hour to calmly view the properties on offer.

However once inside we were told to go look at the houses and come back as soon as possible (15-20 mins was suggested) back to the booking office or you'd lose your place. The reason was that they had so many people outside to deal with as well.

This sent people into a panic to view and decide on properties they had never seen for fear of losing their place. felt very few were comfortable with the situation of making a snap decision with such big purchase. The EA did not care anyway.

AsianDub thanks for the info, at least I know what I need to do now. That is a very difficult position to put people in you're a 100% right.
        I'm lucky in one way that I have viewed the houses last time around so I am pretty sure on what I want so that makes that part a little easier, I will have to pay more then the first phase though but what can you do in this market.
        I haven't had great experience of estate agents over the years only met one or two good ones, I've been through the planning application and I know the area so I feel comfortable with my decision just hope price hasn't gone above my budget when they launch.

LeahH wrote: »
        AsianDub thanks for the info, at least I know what I need to do now. That is a very difficult position to put people in you're a 100% right.
        I'm lucky in one way that I have viewed the houses last time around so I am pretty sure on what I want so that makes that part a little easier, I will have to pay more then the first phase though but what can you do in this market.
        I haven't had great experience of estate agents over the years only met one or two good ones, I've been through the planning application and I know the area so I feel comfortable with my decision just hope price hasn't gone above my budget when they launch.

Best of luck. Hope you get what you want :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 smc12

Hi,

I am also looking to buy in phase 2. Does anyone know prices for the second phase yet? Still no word on launch date either.

As far as I know prices won't be set until launch is confirmed. It was to be end sept beginning of October but no sign yet of it happening. Prices will have increased it's just how much is anyone's guess.

Double post sorry

• Advertisement
      • Registered Users Posts: 6 BCunn

The word from Savills is that show houses are open again 21st & 22nd October.

BCunn wrote: »
        The word from Savills is that show houses are open again 21st & 22nd October.

I can't greet any information from them saying it's launching soon but that's as much as they'll say.

Anyone have prices for the Ash and the Elm from last phase

Thanks

Mid terrace Ash 480k
        End of terrace Ash 515k
        Elm 490k

what's the price for birch (3bed end of terraced) last phase?

AsianDub wrote: »

Thanks.

is the price of next phase confirmed?

Not confirmed but I just got told 500k for the Elm and 550k for the blackthorn. Elm seems reasonable increase but blackthorn seems high was 525k last time. Who I spoke to didn't know if they were confirmed or not yet bu5 there will be an email at some stage

My nerves are gone don't know how I'll get to Saturday

• Advertisement

I'd say they will price some 3 beds at or below the HTB threshold of 500k..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭dubrov

I'd say they could easily add 10-15k to the 3 beds and they would still sell out easily.
        The 4 beds probably won't go higher as they were pretty highly priced in the first phase and I'd guess they just about sold out.

The 5 beds have too many compromises for 740k so I would expect them to be the same price with deals to be done at a lower level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 blackcat2000

Hi all, I received details of the phase 2 launch.
        Sales will be tomorrow (Friday 20th) for those who didn't get an email, this is how it was last time in May I believe. Saturday and Sunday will just be showhouses, as I'd say they'll all sell out tomorrow.

Per the email:

"We [Savills] would like to invite you to an exclusive preview this Friday the 20th October from 1pm – 3pm.

Summary Pricing
        3 beds From €490,000 approx. 104- 115 sqm (1,130 – 1,241 sqft)
        4 beds From €585,000 approx. 123- 138 sqm (1,328 – 1,485 sqft)
        5 beds From €735,000 approx. 186 - 187 sqm (2,002 – 2,013 sqft)

Please note that booking deposits will be accepted from the sales office, positioned to the front of the site. In order to reserve a property we will require the following;
        Booking deposit in the sum of €10,000 payable to Byrne Wallace Solicitors by cheque or bank draft
        Proof of finance to the full amount of the purchase price
        Contact details for your solicitor
        Grace Park Wood will also be on open view to the general public on Saturday 21st October and Sunday the 22nd May from 2pm – 4pm."

Anyone know how much for 3 bed end of terraced price?

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

kceire wrote: »
        It depends on the parent Planning Application.
        Normally it would be exempted development, but in many new estates where density is already at the max, there will be a condition that de-exempts the exemptions.

It would appear that this development doesn't carry this condition, but you'd have to satisfy yourself that its ok, or engage someone to advise.

Plan Ref is 2991/15.

Just wondering if anyone has gotten to the bottom of this?? Cheers

490K for mid-terrace Ash - one available
        500K for mid-terrace Elm - a few available

• Advertisement

Did the phase sell out? Were the other types available?

North half of the remaining planned houses released ...
        Think three 3-bed houses still remaining... as previously indicated...
        10K (barely 2%) above their price in May...
        Five show houses were open... Ash, Elm, Blackthorn and two 5-bed show houses.. Mood was very subdued. Mostly people who purchased in Phase One... measuring windows for blinds etc..

Ronaldinho wrote: »
        Just wondering if anyone has gotten to the bottom of this?? Cheers

What info are you looking for!

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

kceire wrote: »
        What info are you looking for!

I'm weighing up the option to pay 35k for a 10m2 extension, which seems a bit pricey, to say the least.

But if it's the case that any external development is prohibited for a number of months/years then I might need to bite the bullet.

Did anyone come across any restrictions like this in their contracts?

Would be great to hear from anyone that went through the process in phase 1.

For anyone who bought a house in Phase 1, have you received an update on completion recently?  I was told repeatedly it would be November.  Then in late September, I was told it would be November or December.  Since then I haven't been able to get an update.  Savills say they aren't getting details from the builder/developer.  It doesn't seem unreasonable to expect something a little more concrete at this stage.

• Advertisement
      Advertisement