Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fiesta ST 1.6 Ecoboost 180bhp 6 speed.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

PCeeeee wrote:
    Does any dealer have the new one?

I'm told not. I'll have to order one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭CR 7

What specs/criteria are you looking for?

Still looking now and just checked in on this thread again. There's only been one or two show up in the last few months and all seem fairly overpriced considering the discounts at the time. 161 ST2s in blue seem to be always 19-20k when they show up, which would be hard to justify if they do similar discounts again on the new one anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

CR 7 wrote: »
    Still looking now and just checked in on this thread again. There's only been one or two show up in the last few months and all seem fairly overpriced considering the discounts at the time. 161 ST2s in blue seem to be always 19-20k when they show up, which would be hard to justify if they do similar discounts again on the new one anytime soon.

19k for a 16 is an insane price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭hooch-85

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I'm waiting for the 192 offers (if they actually materialise).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

There's genuinely no reason to buy a Ford these days unless it's on offer, as you just know it will be at some point! :p

PCeeeee wrote: »
    19k for a 16 is an insane price.

It is. I traded my '161 for €15k last summer. It was highish mileage at 78kms but it was immaculate. It sold in less than a week and the sticker price was €15,950

dar83 wrote: »
    There's genuinely no reason to buy a Ford these days unless it's on offer, as you just know it will be at some point! :p

Discounted or not a new ST2 with a list price starting at €25,277 isn't (comparatively) that bad.

p.s. It's actually less than the ST1 starting point from the previous model.

That isn't bad at all, no. Depending on the starting spec at ST2 these days, because ST1 spec used to be pretty terrible.

But even in saying that, still no point in buying one at that price when you know it will be discounted at some point and probably buyable at 22/23k, which is an even better deal

I thought Ford are only offering the ST3 now here?

Specced one the other day, 5 door ST3 with metallic, PP and LED headlights comes in at approx €31k. Comparatively still not bad but you'd be hoping for some discounts maybe for the 201 reg period

• Advertisement

ST2 still appears on the configurator.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭SaintsYB

dar83 wrote: »
    That isn't bad at all, no. Depending on the starting spec at ST2 these days, because ST1 spec used to be pretty terrible.

But even in saying that, still no point in buying one at that price when you know it will be discounted at some point and probably buyable at 22/23k, which is an even better deal

Which trim level are you talking about at €22k/€23k? Hardly the ST3?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭CR 7

They were advertising the 192 offers on the radio this morning, low PCP rates but no mention of discounts (yet).

SaintsYB wrote: »
    Which trim level are you talking about at €22k/€23k? Hardly the ST3?

I was basing the figure off Henry's ST2 figures. Using the previous discounts that have been given by Ford on the ST models as guide on how much it might be discounted by.

dar83 wrote:
    I was basing the figure off Henry's ST2 figures. Using the previous discounts that have been given by Ford on the ST models as guide on how much it might be discounted by.

Not sure it'll happen tbh, or even if it does the discount might be modest.

If it does happen however I'll be ordering.....

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I think I'll wait for the Focus ST, price depending.

My 161 Fiesta ST hasnt missed a beat and I love the car but the interior and trim is out of date by about a decade at this stage.

Focus ST announced in UK at £32k. Depending on emissions/VRT i'd expect a minimum mid 40s price here for it.

hooch-85 wrote: »
    Focus ST announced in UK at £32k. Depending on emissions/VRT i'd expect a minimum mid 40s price here for it.

Ya, I think the last one was roughly €43/44k without discounts/offers here although that figure could be off from my memory.

It gets a 2.3l engine this time.

Surely they can't put the price up too much though? That's what Mercedes did though. The A35 is the same price as the old A45 despite it being down some 80hp. If the A35 is €60k, how much will the A45 be?

I'd consider a Focus ST but if it's the same price as the old RS, no thanks, I'll leave it.

• Advertisement

Surely they can't put the price up too much though? That's what Mercedes did though. The A35 is the same price as the old A45 despite it being down some 80hp. If the A35 is €60k, how much will the A45 be?

I'd consider a Focus ST but if it's the same price as the old RS, no thanks, I'll leave it.

I'd agree. Outgoing RS was north of €50k though.

p.s. Focus ST has never been a good new buy from a cost perspective imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

Especially not when you change your car every year.

Where did the prices for the A35 come from? What are they - they're not on the price list on the website... Will there be a CLA35?

I'd imagine its a de-tuned Mustang/Mk3 RS engine.

280bhp in the new ST instead of the 345bhp from the RS or 310bhp from the Mustang.

Although i think Ford de-tuned the original 2.3 ecoboost to 280 BHP for newer Mustangs.

The GTi is a better car IMO, residuals on the VW will be much better when you go to sell down the line.

A GTi though have always been a bit bland for me though because they're nearly every where, flip side of that is, they're everywhere because they're a cracking car. :o

If I'm changing at the end of the year, I will look at what VW are offering finance/PCP wise though.

Where did the prices for the A35 come from? What are they - they're not on the price list on the website... Will there be a CLA35?

The A35 price is on the Mercedes Ireland website. It starts at €57,310 and that's for your bog standard one that will look like a normal A Class in AMG Line spec.

There's a A35 hatchback, A35 saloon and CLA35. There will also be a A45 and CLA45 but no A45 saloon. I think it's pretty pointless having both the CLA and A Class saloon to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

The A35 price is on the Mercedes Ireland website. It starts at €57,310 and that's for your bog standard one that will look like a normal A Class in AMG Line spec.

There's a A35 hatchback, A35 saloon and CLA35. There will also be a A45 and CLA45 but no A45 saloon. I think it's pretty pointless having both the CLA and A Class saloon to be honest.

Thanks, I see it now. I think the A250 or CLA250 with Premium Plus pack is the way to go so...

Looks like there is to be no discounting for 192.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭wcooba

hooch-85 wrote: »

I was inquiring about it - it's already sold. Ford had another one in stock - also sold within a week.

Advertisement