Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The children of the night, what sweet music they make

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

orestes wrote: »
    Just changed it for another youtube video of the same song, is that one working?

Nope. Maybe a caching issue at my end or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

oh. bodies wasnt played in the car at all... was mostly mc hammer with something in the middle... duno why i heard it as bodies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

"I know I'm young but if I had to choose her or the sun
    I'd be one nocturnal son of a gun"
    :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Listening to a bit of Iron Maiden myself right now. Not 'heavy' metal par-sé, but Lord of the Flies rocks anyhow.

Galvasean wrote: »
    Listening to a bit of Iron Maiden myself right now. Not 'heavy' metal par-sé, but Lord of the Flies rocks anyhow.

Maiden are so Metal! They are part of the NWOBHM, the new wave of british heavy metal.

If you ask me they are pretty soft metal. Still kick an unholy amount of a$$ though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Look they were metal before all these werid assed sub genre of metal were created.

If you ask me they are pretty soft metal. Still kick an unholy amount of a$$ though.

dude, they're one of the bands that defined what metal is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,040 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Maiden are so Metal!

Anyone like a bit of:

Manowar_-_Kings_Of_Metal_-_930x930.jpg

• Advertisement

aw man... maiden live...

new album crap,
    new album crap,
    new album crap,
    fear of the dark starts, OMFG!
    starts to build to chorus , OMG, wait for it wait for i-
    *chorus starts*
    *five circle pits happen from nowhere*
    *me lands on back on ground out of the blue*

what a ****ing gig.

aw man... maiden live...

new album crap,
    new album crap,
    new album crap,
    fear of the dark starts, OMFG!
    starts to build to chorus , OMG, wait for it wait for i-
    *chorus starts*
    *five circle pits happen from nowhere*
    *me lands on back on ground out of the blue*

what a ****ing gig.

That was frigging awesome. It was like the entire place was holding their breath until the new **** was done.

one of my all time fave singular moments in a gig... just verse -> chorus

wow.

i remember me and my mate, standing together, just going 'wait for it, wait for it, wait for iiiiiiiiiiii.... -'
    */me lands flat on back, all hell breaks loose, general pure awesomeness*

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I've been to a Maiden gig - the moshing was very pedestrian tbh. Awesome metal band though. Ministry the other night - full of kids who didn't know how to mosh and I was damned if I was gonna try and explain it to them. Most brutally heavy pit I was even in was Slayer in the SFX when they were on the Diablos In Musica tour. People were getting milled left right and centre.

As for me, my taste goes way beyond what most people think is heavy. Gore grind (e.g. Anal Blast, Pig Destroyer, Devourment) and Doom (e.g. Electric Wizard, Wreck of the Hesperus, Sunn0)))) are my 2 favourite cups of tea :)

maiden was quite tame compared to rock am ring last year... spetn a lot of time on the saturday in the metal section of the gig... (admittedly, got bored during chaimera, and discovered the absolute joy that is the scissor sisters live, but i dont generally like to admit that in public... )... but *that* section of crowd is some of the mentalist ive ever seen...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

If Maiden aren't metal I don't know what the hell is! They are pretty awesome live, Bruce Dickinson runs about like a 5 year old on speed!

• Advertisement

chaimera, slayer, sepultura, windir, ....

all infinitely more metal than maiden.

i just happen to quite enjoy maiden's melodic qualities, which i find difficult to appreciate/recognise in most heavier bands.

i just happen to quite enjoy maiden's melodic qualities, which i find difficult to appreciate/recognise in most heavier bands.

I'll say it again...

Maiden are one of the bands that defined what metal is. There is no metal without the basis bands like Maiden invented. They are pure metal. They are metoleum. Other bands are alloys because they are not fully metacular, like maiden.

It's like saying that Megadeth are more metal than Black Sabbath!

Or like saying the Mighty boosh radio show isn't as mighty booshy as the tv show because it came first and some of the ideas like the spirit of jazz weren't formalised the same way. But they are both stronger than a moose, really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

They are all heavier than Maiden, I'll give you that, but you can't get more metal than Maiden, Maiden are metal!

ok, im quite drunk, and not quit eso able to express myself so eloquently as id like to... but yes, maiden are fiarly original metal... i do not deny that for second... but, when my dad was growing up, what was defined as 'heavy' metal, and what now would be considered 'heavy'. two immensely different things, really.

for me, not being familiar with them, chimaira just sounded like noise... i couldnt differentiate song from song, bit from bit... it kinda just turned into noise in my head, and i couldnt be arsed... i went for a wander, see what else was goign on, and belive it or not... but scissor sisters were happening, and not only did i enjoy it... but they were a ****ing good liveband. they had htis passion,a nd gave a **** abut their performance, and lyrics and songs... idve never copped it hearing their ****e on the radio, but seeing them live just completley changed my perspective on those dudes.

so **** **** just being heavy. give me music that makes me think, that makes me happy, that ****ing shakes my world up a bit... that's what i wana hear.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Chimaira: Metal-Core (and their first 2 albums at least are rather awesome - haven't listened to them in a while).

Slayer / Sepultura: Thrash Metal (and gods)

Windir: never heard of them, but wiki says Black Metal.

Iron Maiden: Heavy Metal

Themselves and bands like AC/DC, Judas Priest etc are the very definition of Heavy Metal. It's all theirs, they own it :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

No band can touch Dethklok!:pac:

Megadeth, Testament and Exodus are some of the best metal bands ever:pac:
    Sure maiden are good but there are many better bands from that era.

Megadeth, Testament and Exodus are some of the best metal bands ever:pac:
    Sure maiden are good but there are many better bands from that era.

Uh... Megadeth, Testament and Exodus are not part of the New wave of British Heavy metal, so they arent contemporaries of Maiden, they were inspired by them.

Dragan wrote: »
    No band can touch Dethklok!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Fly High

This is an amazing song...

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Fly High

Blood Ocean!!!

I would definately be more of the punk leaning but I do like some metal, love slayer to be honest, but ssssh tell nobody.

When I saw Maiden everyone was going way more metal during Manson before hand...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭SnowMonkey

hey i never new about this place till today :D

heres some

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭SnowMonkey

when i did my first rock drop in france i had this song on

makes me remember things i dont like = me just looseing all inhibitions and getting a bit well lets say loose = me getting a bit crazy and going for things :D

For the record I REALLY liked A matter Of Life And Death..

*ducks*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

SnowMonkey wrote: »
    hey i never new about this place till today :D

heres some

fixed that for you:)

Here's an offering I like.

Also, this seems too obvious (so apologies if it's been posted previously)
    Music of the Night - Michael Crawford

• Advertisement

Louise~ wrote: »
    Blood Ocean!!!

I would definately be more of the punk leaning but I do like some metal, love slayer to be honest, but ssssh tell nobody.

When I saw Maiden everyone was going way more metal during Manson before hand...
    Slayer ftw:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

For the record I REALLY liked A matter Of Life And Death..

*ducks*

its a good album alright but they really p!ssed on the fans when they played it thru start to finish live, joke if you ask me!

well, at least you can't say they were selling out... if they were, they'd've played what the paying public wanted to hear - number of the beast, run to the hills... there were a fair few i'd gone in assuming i'd hear, and just didnt. but ah well, excellent performance nonetheless... think our favourite bit was in the top left of the crowd, in the seats, there were these 4 dudes in poloshirts and jeans, obviously fans from back in the day, stood up, just rocking out. just brought a smile to the aul dial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

This whole sigur ros hypem page!

(well mainly the first two songs) http://hypem.com/search/sigur%20ros/10/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

QTF.

Bad Religion, quite possibly the greatest punk band of all time. Currently listening to this:

aaah, lucky to find this! my favourite bad religion song of all time, and a new version!!!

raah! wrote: »
    aaah, lucky to find this! my favourite bad religion song of all time, and a new version!!!

Have you heard Graffin's solo album? Som edamn good stuff on there and as far removed from Bad Religion as you can get.

Here's a version of Cease that I love.

Have you heard Graffin's solo album? Som edamn good stuff on there and as far removed from Bad Religion as you can get.

Here's a version of Cease that I love.

No , and in fact I hand't heard Bad Religion for a very long time up till now, my old computer had all my bad religion on it and that has long since been destroyed. I think I may download teh solo album. Thanks fer that :)

Edit: Great song here too :D! Now I'm definatly gonna download that album, does it have a name or is it just "greg graffin" or something like that?

Edit2 : actually it wouldn't rank as "great" in my books, more good. Still will check taht album out though

• Advertisement

No , and in fact I hand't heard Bad Religion for a very long time up till now, my old computer had all my bad religion on it and that has long since been destroyed. I think I may download teh solo album. Thanks fer that :)

Edit: Great song here too :D! Now I'm definatly gonna download that album, does it have a name or is it just "greg graffin" or something like that?

Edit2 : actually it wouldn't rank as "great" in my books, more good. Still will check taht album out though

It's called Cold as the Clay and it's an folk/country album kind alike what SPringsteen did with the Seeger Sessions. It takes a few listens to truly appreciate but is worth sticking with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

.....just because...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAoemeqaxOo

...and also because they're damn cute! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

I would advise you to turn this up extra loud and watch the video closely.

For some reason, the video is really striking to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjBZh-yRmkc&feature=user

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

In honour of then playing a gig in Dublin today:

Combichrist: This **** Will **** You Up

Combichrist - This Is My Rifle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭tinkletoes

Leonard Cohen- Suzanne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

You must listen to this! So chilled out makes me want to cry!

• Advertisement

+1 on 'alberto balsam' my favourite aphex twins ong of all time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

+1 on 'alberto balsam' my favourite aphex twins ong of all time

Yea mine to, never gets old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

What aboot the cartoon 'heavy metal' which featured on South Park recently?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

Part 1

Part 2

"One after one by the star dogged moon,
    too quick for groan or sigh
    each turned his face with a ghastly pang
    and cursed me with his eye
    four times fifty living men
    (and I heard nor sigh nor groan)
    with heavy thump, a lifeless lump,
    they dropped down one by one."

Any comment I could make pales into insignificance...
    /bows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

Love prog stuff like Tool, Opeth, Discus and Dreamtheater, not really metal I know. Used to love me Megadeth during the day :) "Eye of the Tornado" used to be BLASTED out of my car :D

Listening to some Disturbed recently though they're pretty tame, Land of Confusion cover is deadly, really cool video too :) Fight the fatcats!!!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9KW8DRSvEoQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9KW8DRSvEoQ&hl=en&fs=1&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

• Advertisement
Advertisement