Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ros down

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

Yea, working here now too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Working fine now. I assume they said end of the week to relieve stress on the servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Does anyone know when they will debit the balancing payments and 2019 prelim tax. I thought it would be gone from my account yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Does anyone know when they will debit the balancing payments and 2019 prelim tax. I thought it would be gone from my account yesterday.

It will take a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Mine was gone today. Filed last Thursday, specified Monday for the debit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Ninap

Hi,

This is just my second time completing an online Form 11. Last year I paid tax due by debit card. This time I opted for the bank account option. But it wasn't clear whether I had to go to my account and make a payment, or whether Revenue would effect a direct debit. Any guidance gratefully received. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Revenue take the payment once you’ve entered your bank details

Thanks. Takes a few days I guess?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

You need to submit the payment too. Entering bank details is not enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Crashed by last minute merchants. I work in a sector that will know this only too well. That Simpsons episode really was every bit true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

Ninap wrote: »
    Hi,

This is just my second time completing an online Form 11. Last year I paid tax due by debit card. This time I opted for the bank account option. But it wasn't clear whether I had to go to my account and make a payment, or whether Revenue would effect a direct debit. Any guidance gratefully received. thanks

You need to go to bank accounts in your main ROS screen and set up a ROS Debit Instruction. Then once the RDI is set up any time you want to pay that is listed as an option alongside Cards etc. Revenue will not take payment unless you submit a payment instruction each time you want to use that RDI.

Stratvs wrote: »
    You need to go to bank accounts in your main ROS screen and set up a ROS Debit Instruction. Then once the RDI is set up any time you want to pay that is listed as an option alongside Cards etc. Revenue will not take payment unless you submit a payment instruction each time you want to use that RDI.

Thanks! The site certainly doesn't make it easy or obvious. When I uploaded my form 11 it gave me a link to BoI which I followed, but it was just my own account (no Revenue a/c details etc).

The whole Revenue site could do with a major overhaul. The initial distinction between your Revenue and Ros accounts is confusing. Then downloading and using the Certificate is complex. Then you are asked for a 'tax number', when again it is not obvious that your PPS number is sufficient. And the distinction between Form 11 and Form 12 is far from clear.

I'm sure it's fine once you're used to it, but it's not user friendly for first time clients.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,193 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

A lot of whinging going on here about Revenue/ROS
    Approach it with fun play and ease

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

And the distinction between Form 11 and Form 12 is far from clear.

What is the difference?

I'm sure it's fine once you're used to it, but it's not user friendly for first time clients.

I am using it regularly for years and think it is a pain in the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

The whole Revenue site could do with a major overhaul. The initial distinction between your Revenue and Ros accounts is confusing. Then downloading and using the Certificate is complex. Then you are asked for a 'tax number', when again it is not obvious that your PPS number is sufficient. And the distinction between Form 11 and Form 12 is far from clear.

Are there not videos and/or FAQs that walk you through all these things?

Log on to file a VAT return with today as a deadline and ROS is down undergoing an 'upgrade'.

on a deadline day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,193 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Pawwed Rig wrote: »

What is in your listening for ROS for this opinion?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

What is in your listening for ROS for this opinion?

Huh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Stratvs

Pawwed Rig wrote: »

Overall I find it ok although probably due a major facelift, but my big gripe (and that of any principal contractor I know) is the RCT interface. It’s messy to navigate and trying to search/extract is cumbersome.

RCT is awful as are RTSO1 payments. Tracking payments is also difficult particularly where offsets have been applied. Frequent downtime and timeouts on logins are also frustrating.
    Having to type a password every time you do any action makes using it time consuming.

Advertisement