18-09-2014, 14:07   #46
Daith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhand View Post
Yeah I think Vimes really shines in Night Watch as opposed to others.
Yeah very back to basics and less reliant on Carrot's charisma, Angua's werewolf abilities and Detritus being Detritus.

Def didn't need his butler being a bad ass fighter too.
Advertisement
18-09-2014, 15:17   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daith View Post
Yeah very back to basics and less reliant on Carrot's charisma, Angua's werewolf abilities and Detritus being Detritus.

Def didn't need his butler being a bad ass fighter too.
Willikins just adds the little extra Disc World touch, every hero needs a side kick.
Thanks from:
06-12-2014, 02:52   #48
ShivaDark

I'm not really enjoying The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents. It doesn't have that usual Discworld feel to it other than the brief mention of the Watch near the start. Is there even a Dibbler in the town because I haven't noticed.
Thanks from:
19-06-2015, 02:39   #49
Samaris

I personally didn't really -enjoy- Mort (I know, sacrilege) or Equal Rites. Having said that, I think the least well-written was Unseen Academicals.
10-12-2019, 17:53   #50
blueshade
Banned

I'm not getting the hate for Snuff and Unseen Academicals. I re-read Snuff a while back and really enjoyed it. I'm about 2 thirds of the way through UA, re-reading it and am thoroughly enjoying it and I say that as someone who really doesn't have any interest in football. I was never able to force my way through the Carpet People, although I tried a few times.
Advertisement
13-12-2019, 09:29   #51
TheIrishGrover

I stopped reading when he was coming out with 2 a year. After Hogfather. I would pick up "The Watch" books but that was about it. Became a factory by the end. I suppose, in hindsight, he was trying to get as much out there as he could given his condition but I thought quality suffered.
Thanks from:
16-12-2019, 19:12   #52
blueshade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivaDark View Post
I'm not really enjoying The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents. It doesn't have that usual Discworld feel to it other than the brief mention of the Watch near the start. Is there even a Dibbler in the town because I haven't noticed.
I found it quite dark in places, I wouldn't recommend it. I can't remember if it was aimed at younger viewers but it wouldn't be a book I'd give to kids. I did enjoy Johnny and the Dead.
17-12-2019, 16:55   #53
ILoveYourVibes

the last few the shepards crown etc the vocab and language became simplistic...for obv sad reasons
12-02-2021, 12:12   #54
tenry

Soul Music was pretty boring for me

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion