Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Didn't bother with either film in the end.... just catching up with Gogglebox now.... it's absolutely ten times better watching Line of Duty through the Goggleboxers, they're brilliant!!! :D:D

I can't believe it's so up to date - the narrator referenced Prince Philip dying, and that was only this morning!

It was great. Love Lee and Jenny! Currently watching Australian gogglebox which is brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭sporina

Didn't bother with either film in the end.... just catching up with Gogglebox now.... it's absolutely ten times better watching Line of Duty through the Goggleboxers, they're brilliant!!! :D:D

I can't believe it's so up to date - the narrator referenced Prince Philip dying, and that was only this morning!

The bit wit Jenny and Lee mocking Made in Chelsea was class... " no i didn't, yes you did; nod, nod, nod, nod," lollll - made my Fri night..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Have we a new date for the final? It’s not showing up in Sky + app yet...

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Have we a new date for the final? It’s not showing up in Sky + app yet...

i read that it might be on tomorrow night but TBC

• Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

My sky box picked up the rescheduled House of Games from Friday this afternoon..... but no sign of a MC episode in the planner yet......

• Advertisement

So still no update on MC - oh well.. I guess it will happen something though I thought it would be on tonight..

In the mean time, I missed the episode where Saliha was one of the judges - what was she like? I lovvvved her in the series.. "on it like a bonnet".. lol..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I wish they would hurry up and reschedule it already. :/

I wonder will they just change it to this Friday? The Friday schedule includes best bits of Would I Lie to You, Mrs Brown's Boys 2015 Christmas special and a Graham Norton Show compilation, so definite scope to shuffle things around.

Posy wrote: »
    I wish they would hurry up and reschedule it already. :/

I wonder will they just change it to this Friday? The Friday schedule includes best bits of Would I Lie to You, Mrs Brown's Boys 2015 Christmas special and a Graham Norton Show compilation, so definite scope to shuffle things around.
    It's the eve of the funeral.

I'm fully expecting schedules to be wiped again :(

Nearly 100 years on this planet, and he chose to die on the day of the MC final. :mad: :pac:

They're putting out double-episodes of Eastenders tomorrow (or some day, wasn't listening properly), that says it all...... clearing the decks for the weekend.....

• Advertisement

It's the eve of the funeral.

I'm fully expecting schedules to be wiped again :(

:mad: grr - you know what, it wouldn't surprise me at this rate..

this will go down in history.. BBC delayed MC final 2021 due to death and funeral of PP :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

They're putting out double-episodes of Eastenders tomorrow (or some day, wasn't listening properly), that says it all...... clearing the decks for the weekend.....

The double episode is on tonight and is last Friday’s episode and tonight’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I have a feeling they will give it to Tom.

Masterchef has always chosen winners that are capable of going on to run their own businesses, or write their own books etc.

That is the actual prize.

And Tom is best placed to do that, like it or not.

The lady is a good cook as well though............

ebbsy wrote: »
    I have a feeling they will give it to Tom.

Masterchef has always chosen winners that are capable of going on to run their own businesses, or write their own books etc.

That is the actual prize.

And Tom is best placed to do that, like it or not.

The lady is a good cook as well though............

i don't think that's how it works..

in any event, anyone of them could write a cookery book at least..

Jane who won a few yrs ago hasn't done much - think she has a website or blog or something.. thats about it..

I do think Tom will win though (as long as he doesn't mess up) - i just think has more of an edge

Maybe it's something they might consider if it's very close. :/

I think Saliha, who won a few years ago, was a doctor. I'm sure the judges didn't anticipate her giving that up, but she still got the prize.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

I think Saliha, who won a few years ago, was a doctor. I'm sure the judges didn't anticipate her giving that up, but she still got the prize.
    and wasn't the American (Canadian?) fella who won a children's surgeon?

ETA - I was thinking of Tim Anderson, and no he wasn't......

Who am I thinking of, or am I losing the plot altogether???

ETA again - phew, I'm not cracking up - it was a different Tim, and he was a paediatrician https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/norfolk-doctor-s-masterchef-success-452316

i don't think its relevant tbh.. and with re: to Saliha - thats my point exactly.. if a Dr can write a few cook books then any of the contestants can go on to do something culinary related regardless of their situation/profession

The judges have had their eye on Tom since the start.......

Although I am still not that comfortable with somebody working in a restaurant on this version...he is more suited to the Professional competition.

Anyway the boss has gone out so I am going to have a kip now !!!

• Advertisement

ebbsy wrote: »
    The judges have had their eye on Tom since the start.......

Although I am still not that comfortable with somebody working in a restaurant on this version...he is more suited to the Professional competition.

Anyway the boss has gone out so I am going to have a kip now !!!
    He's a front of house manager!

He might as well be the veg delivery driver as far as I'm concerned - completely unrelated to actually cooking/cheffing. Even the waiters would have more of an advantage, seeing and explaining the food the whole time.....

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Recliner

Wednesday 8pm BBC 1
    The final.

He's a front of house manager!

He might as well be the veg delivery driver as far as I'm concerned - completely unrelated to actually cooking/cheffing. Even the waiters would have more of an advantage, seeing and explaining the food the whole time.....

I trust ye Heidi.

we are gonna have a little MC Final party.. :D

Not on a Wednesday! :<

Not on a Wednesday! :<

just a small one.. ;)

I've only caught up today so I'm happy now for the final.
    Delighted Laura went. That fake laughter everytime she opened her mouth and then a split second later she had a face like a psycho.
    I also wish Greg would stop looking at everyone with his mouth wide open. And what's going on with John's hair? I know the barbers were shut but could he not get the Mrs to give him a quick short back and sides.
    I'm very tired, so excuse my grumpiness.

Anyway, I really haven't warmed to any of the 3 finalists so I don't mind who wins.

My favourite contestant was Jacquie and I'd love Grace Dent to be a critic every week, I adore her. Also if anyone wants a good read, her book is fab. It's called Hungry.

Also saddened to see Charles Campion mentioned at the end. I knew he had died just before Christmas, always one of my favourite critics.

So now, that's my take.

Recliner wrote: »
    I've only caught up today so I'm happy now for the final.
    Delighted Laura went. That fake laughter everytime she opened her mouth and then a split second later she had a face like a psycho.
    I also wish Greg would stop looking at everyone with his mouth wide open. And what's going on with John's hair? I know the barbers were shut but could he not get the Mrs to give him a quick short back and sides.
    I'm very tired, so excuse my grumpiness.

Anyway, I really haven't warmed to any of the 3 finalists so I don't mind who wins.

My favourite contestant was Jacquie and I'd love Grace Dent to be a critic every week, I adore her. Also if anyone wants a good read, her book is fab. It's called Hungry.

Also saddened to see Charles Campion mentioned at the end. I knew he had died just before Christmas, always one of my favourite critics.

So now, that's my take.

man you are cranky :P... awe just joking - rest up..

yeah I looooved Jacqui too - but she did mess up grrrr...

must check out that book - i really like Grace too

sporina wrote: »
    man you are cranky :P... awe just joking - rest up..

yeah I looooved Jacqui too - but she did mess up grrrr...

must check out that book - i really like Grace too

I do need a good night's sleep in fairness.

Any of Grace Dents books are worth a read.

• Advertisement

sporina wrote: »
    we are gonna have a little MC Final party.. :D

Be Jaysus that is a €500 fine for you then.

Advertisement