Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Only catching up now, so haven't read other comments yet....

Jaysus that's some plate of food that Mike served up..... I love the sound of all the bits, but one bit per day for a week would be a better idea! I'd have to be craned back home (possibly via a cardiac unit!) after that.

Same goes for Laura's dish....

Oh well done Alexina!

She's my winner from this round

We've got to finals week very abruptly!

God, they used to drive me mad, but you'd miss those mad catering rounds, cooking for half the Royal Navy in a gale, or the scout jamboree in a ditch up the country somewhere..... and then flying them off to somewhere none of us have ever even heard of to learn out there stuff....

:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭twill

Nice to see Michel Roux Jr back, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,079 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Oh well done Alexina!

She's my winner from this round

Something about her I just cant take to! Dont know what it is. She seems to have a smug look about her when others are not doing so well

• Advertisement

Wow, they all did really well. John was supportive at the right times as well.

Oh Madeeha have you cocked it up!! Hope not

Aww, that's a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Mad how she used so much garlic. Even if you love garlic you think she would have realised she was overdoing it

Garlic yoghurt sounds pretty horrible too

I think Madeeha's food was probably the most interesting/different of the five, so it's a shame that she cocked it up by overdoing the garlic (I wouldn't have thought that was possible, tbh, but maybe I've led a fairly sheltered life!).

Mike annoyed me in the first round saying "I hope they appreciate all the work that's gone into that". In fairness, it could be down to the editing - but you're in a fecking competition!

I think Laura is on thin ice, I can't see her as the eventual winner, she just looks a bit panicky all the time. And that manic giggling is really annoying!!

Alexina was getting a rough ride here imo, being called arrogant and cocky..... in fairness, I think that's just her demeanour, and she's a fairly posh accent which probably doesn't help with that impression. I love the look and sound of her food, and I hope she goes far.

Tom is looking like a nailed-on winner at this stage..... but let's see, things can change! Of all the dishes in this series, his brownie dessert is probably the one I'd most love to try, it sounded amazing.

The whole show tonight had me on the verge of blubbing... between all the social distancing, and fkn masks, and tales of heroics, and friends dying of covid, and other back stories like the gulf war lockdown.... emotional roller coaster!

• Advertisement

siblers wrote: »
    Mad how she used so much garlic. Even if you love garlic you think she would have realised she was overdoing it

Garlic yoghurt sounds pretty horrible too

One word - tzatziki!

Yummmmmm!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭sporina

@siblers - garlic and yoghurt - yum.. its like middle eastern gravy,.. tzatziki!

@heidiheidi - have people been slagging Alexina here? only saw 1 -ve post about her.. I don't have any prob with her.. she just seems happy in her own skin.. thought her desert was v poor tonight.. the sponges looked awful - and her jelly split - but I guess it tasted nice..

Medeeha was the weakest link tonight - i love garlic but if you can't taste anything else other than it then thats not good.. they didn't like the combination of textures either - she prob chose the wrong dish to cook..

I just can't see Laura as a good chef - dunno why.. don't think she has a particular style mayb..

I like Mike best - would like to eat so many of his dishes - those ribs looked amazing.. but i think Tom is prob more Masterchef material - his food has that magic touch.. has been between them from the start really..

Still can't believe Jacqui is gone - man she messed up - thought she was brill

Ah there were a few comments about Alexina being cocky or arrogant (or words to that effect) - I think it's just her manner, I think she's absolutely lovely!

You're right about her dessert though, she was lucky to get away with that, it looked terrible but all hidden behind shards of meringue!

Agree about Laura, she clearly can cook, but just doesn't have that restaurant look to her dishes. And her slightly hysterical giggling is wearing very thin at this stage (completely O/T!)

can't believe there are only 2 shows left - sniff sniff.. seemed like the heats went on for ever but since the semi's it seems so short..

Not sure at all about Mike's wellington. I hope he's thought this through.

twill wrote: »
    Not sure at all about Mike's wellington. I hope he's thought this through.
    Was just thinking that!

It's a bit out there, for a round that looks for "classic" dishes......

Ah lads a good vet would bring that beef and lamb back!!!

Ah lads a good vet would bring that beef and lamb back!!!

I'm about 5 or 10 minutes behind - I'm dying to find out what this refers to!

Laura sounds COMPLETELY out of her depth......

Very raw looking pastry on the Wellington.... I fear for the venison..... :eek:

• Advertisement

Laura sounds COMPLETELY out of her depth......

Yep, she's for the chop.

That wellington dish is just weird looking.

Those pics of Michel Roux Jnr :D:D:D

Those pics of Michel Roux Jnr :D:D:D

Love him. He is always so encouraging and helpful to them all.

Oh God, I have indigestion just thinking about that starter......

I can't watch :eek: Mike is goosed!

I just do not get this thing of gold leaf on food :confused:

Michel Roux Jr being an old pro at amping up the drama :D

sporina wrote: »
    I can't watch :eek: Mike is goosed!
    I'm beginning to see what you mean.......

• Advertisement

think i'll have to have few bevvies while watching the final tomorrow night.. yikes

Advertisement