Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apollo Saturn V - Wow

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,527 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i think they way underestimated demand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,352 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just got a shipping confirmation. Ordered 31/5/17 around 10pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Want.

So.

Bad.

But how would I keep my 5 and 3 year old off this? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,352 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

quad_red wrote: »
    Want.

So.

Bad.

But how would I keep my 5 and 3 year old off this? :o

Put it on a shelf :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Put it on a shelf :pac:

Ain't no shelf gonna stop them if there's a MASSIVE LEGO ROCKET there to be had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Arrived today. The misses said after collecting it: Got your package. It's a big one alright. 📦

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

qwertz wrote: »
    Arrived today. The misses said after collecting it: Got your package. It's a big one alright. ��
    AVYVm.gif

I order one too but not until the 3rd, said backordered to July 11th but then changed to June 29th. So maybe they're increasing production now.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭Sparko

I ordered mine the evening of the 1st, shipping notification received this afternoon so should have it next week sometime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Why is this so cheap compared to other sets? And I assume NASA is a licence aswell...

Tempted to grab a few more and shrinkwrap them in the attic for the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭madalig12

Mine shipped today...sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

Thargor wrote: »
    Why is this so cheap compared to other sets? And I assume NASA is a licence aswell...

Tempted to grab a few more and shrinkwrap them in the attic for the future.

I'd say it's cheap precisely because NASA don't take licence fees.

https://www.nasa.gov/audience/formedia/features/Merchandising_Guidelines.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,268 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I can't afford to splash out on toys at the moment which is making me start to get worried I'm going to miss out on this before it's retired...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Sleepy wrote: »
    I can't afford to splash out on toys at the moment which is making me start to get worried I'm going to miss out on this before it's retired...

You could Brick link the printed pieces before it retires and then go up in value. The rest of the parts you could BL at a different date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Mine has shipped :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Does anyone know if this will ever be sold in regular shops or will it just be sold by Lego online?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Urquell

Mine has shipped :)

Just got my email too! Yipee!! Should keep me of the whiskey for a while....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    Does anyone know if this will ever be sold in regular shops or will it just be sold by Lego online?

It's not a Shop at Home exclusive. It's selling in plenty of stores in the UK, nothing here yet.

Mine arrived today and it sitting in my office in work:)

mine not shipping till 29th of june.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

WOW, what a piece of kit, stumbled across it on the Vintage Space yt page.

Sold out everywhere, Ill subscribe to this thread, Im sure the most excellent fellow boardies will post here when it becomes available again :-D

• Advertisement

Stuxnet wrote: »
    WOW, what a piece of kit, stumbled across it on the Vintage Space yt page.

Sold out everywhere, Ill subscribe to this thread, Im sure the most excellent fellow boardies will post here when it becomes available again :-D

Order it on the Lego site and It will go on backorder for shipping later.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Redderneck

Young lad nearly wet himself when he rocked home from school to see it waiting for him in his 'workshop'. It's a cracking bit of kit indeed.

Redderneck wrote: »
    Young lad nearly wet himself when he rocked home from school to see it waiting for him in his 'workshop'. It's a cracking bit of kit indeed.

Im hiding mine in work till they go to their grandparents for the summer. I'm not sharing:D

Order it on the Lego site and It will go on backorder for shipping later.

ATM backordering has stopped.
    Still in some of the physical shops in England.

Built it. It's awesome. So awesome the fruit flies even gathered on it instead of the fruit bowl...

My only problem is where to put it.. feicin huge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭ozmo

Havn't seen it available on the Lego shop yet - subbing to this thread in case anyone see and mentions its available anywhere -

Its not a limited run is it...?

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

ozmo wrote: »
    Havn't seen it available on the Lego shop yet - subbing to this thread in case anyone see and mentions its available anywhere -

Its not a limited run is it...?

Nah, it'll be back. Not sure Lego anticipated how popular it would be.

I keep hearing of physical stores in the UK having stock squirrelled away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

also following this thread hoping to get it when its available :)

Thanks OP

Available at John Lewis site and Lego site will defo have more I was just told that by their customer support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

madalig12 wrote: »
    Available at John Lewis site and Lego site will defo have more I was just told that by their customer support.

Awesome, thank you. Ordered off JL, had to use Parcel Motel for delivery, 130 euros all in all

John Lewis Link

• Advertisement

mine is on the way

Mine has arrived. Now to find time to put it together

Its back on the lego site and a free piggy bank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭ozmo

madalig12 wrote: »
    Its back on the lego site and a free piggy bank

Any link please? or is just out of stock again :/

“Roll it back”

ozmo wrote: »
    Any link please? or is just out of stock again :/

Im sure it looked like it was available to order. Is showing out of stock again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Got my dispatch notice today. Ordered around 5th June so came as a semi suprise when I got the email :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Sightseer

little woods now have this set in stock. search under reference LNXAL1A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Sightseer wrote: »
    little woods now have this set in stock. search under reference LNXAL1A

Thanks for that! By far the priciest Lego set I've bought in my adult life but it looks too cool to turn it down!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

I see littlewoods are adding 20 euros onto the price :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Nash Bridges

Now out of stock on little woods Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 galwaydoc

Did anyone actually snag it at Littlewoods? Spotted it at lunchtime yesterday, but when put in basket, got "out of stock" message. Reckon could have been a glitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭DriveSkill

galwaydoc wrote: »
    Did anyone actually snag it at Littlewoods? Spotted it at lunchtime yesterday, but when put in basket, got "out of stock" message. Reckon could have been a glitch.

I got an order through about 4:30pm yesterday, expected delivery is by next Friday, at the moment still just showing as 'Processed'. Will let you know if it arrives!

galwaydoc wrote: »

I also placed an order with littlewoods on the 21 of July at 15:54. to date it's showing as currently being processed with the delivery date due 28 of July.. because this set is so hard to get at the moment I Really hope it goes ahead otherwise i'll have no choice but to pay silly money as it's a must have!

Sightseer wrote: »
    I also placed an order with littlewoods on the 21 of July at 15:54. to date it's showing as currently being processed with the delivery date due 28 of July.. because this set is so hard to get at the moment I Really hope it goes ahead otherwise i'll have no choice but to pay silly money as it's a must have!

Don't pay the silly money. LEGO will bring it back. Just wait!

Don't pay the silly money. LEGO will bring it back. Just wait!

My order has moved on so now showing as delivered 'on or before 26th July'.

I agree its a shame littlewoods add €20 to the RRP but at least they offer 'free' delivery :)- if you were to buy in the UK it would come close to €125 (£110) + ParcelMotel etc and there doesnt appear to be any bricks and mortar stockists yet in Ireland. Waiting for it in Lego store at Euro RRP is obviously the best option but I'm happy to pay €20 now and get it this week.

• Advertisement

Some reassuring news; Lego ideas posted this on there page two weeks ago. (Jul 11, 2017)

We Are Continuing To Produce More Apollo Saturn V Sets
    Having just launched the Apollo Saturn V set recently, we will continue to produce the set according to our scheduled plans and we would like to re-assure everyone that it has not been retired.

While the set is temporarily out of stock through our online shop, with limited quantities available in LEGO Stores, our production teams are working hard to produce more sets in order to make sure that everyone will be able to purchase their copy. This does take time however and we therefore ask for your patience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭Harika

Received it from the littlewoods order last week. Now I have to wait for my birthday to open it.
    Really wondering if Lego didn't produce a lot of stock or totally underestimated the demand for it. Personally even as Star wars Fan, nothing tingled my spine from Lego to buy it, all great stuff but wouldn't buy it. The Saturn rocket on the other hand was absolutely desirable maybe cause I always had a crush for astronomy. And this piece is simply something historical.

Mine arrived today also, now to find time to actually build it and keep it away from the 2 yr old!

Harika wrote: »
    Received it from the littlewoods order last week. Now I have to wait for my birthday to open it.
    Really wondering if Lego didn't produce a lot of stock or totally underestimated the demand for it. Personally even as Star wars Fan, nothing tingled my spine from Lego to buy it, all great stuff but wouldn't buy it. The Saturn rocket on the other hand was absolutely desirable maybe cause I always had a crush for astronomy. And this piece is simply something historical.
    DriveSkill wrote: »
    Mine arrived today also, now to find time to actually build it and keep it away from the 2 yr old!

I wasn't so lucky today, my littlewoods order was declined and when i queried why they said i need to make an initial payment of 24 euro and place the order again. it's now out of stock. have you ever heard the likes.

i guess i'll just have to wait now until lego shop restock.

• Moderators Posts: 6,870 ✭✭✭Spocker

• Advertisement
Advertisement