Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinead O'Connor facebook post today

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭StewartGriffin

xzanti wrote: »
    I couldn't see a general Mental Health Forum.

Surprised to hear there isn't one. So that massive thread on After Hours is the only place dedicated to mental health? And lets be honest, even that wouldn't have got past page two if the OP wasn't also the owner of the website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭etymon

Well, I guess she is clearly in a lot of distress, whatever the diagnosis and hopefully that subsides soon.

Just wanted to try and point out a few things about mental illness and the myths that are out there - my pet hates e.g.

I'm so OCD about things, I need everything to be a certain way - this is not OCD

that person is a danger to themselves, they need to be sectioned - may or may not be true: e.g.

I need to be sectioned so I don't do anything to myself - involuntary admission under the Mental Health Act is a last resort, can only be invoked in the case of mental illness and cannot guarantee to 'stop you doing anything to yourself' - only you can do that

I think I'm bipolar, one minute I'm laughing the next I'm crying - you are certainly not bipolar, you are emotionally labile and this may well be normal!

I'm so depressed, my head is melted, I'm all over the shop - you are 'distressed', you may not be depressed

Okay sorry if I hijacked the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 DeeBE

It looks like her Facebook 'likes' page has been taken down.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

DeeBE wrote: »
    It looks like her Facebook 'likes' page has been taken down.

Definitely for the best. It was supposed to be taken over by her label a while ago, but that never happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Grayditch wrote: »
    Definitely for the best. It was supposed to be taken over by her label a while ago, but that never happened.

Before the facebook page she had a blog. I remember it being all over the news because she used it to advertise for a boyfriend. She strikes me as someone who needs a minder to constantly say "This isn't a good idea. Don't do that. Nope, not that either."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭RoadhouseBlues

I suppose its not impossible that she could be reading this thread too. Might not do her mental state much good either.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Vojera wrote: »
    Before the facebook page she had a blog. I remember it being all over the news because she used it to advertise for a boyfriend. She strikes me as someone who needs a minder to constantly say "This isn't a good idea. Don't do that. Nope, not that either."

As with a lot of musicians, she is probably surrounded by leaches and Yes Men.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Surprised to hear there isn't one. So that massive thread on After Hours is the only place dedicated to mental health? And lets be honest, even that wouldn't have got past page two if the OP wasn't also the owner of the website.

Or the mod wasn't having a night off, binge watching a box set.

I know she's a public figure, and I know she posted on Facebook, but 19 pages of speculation... enough already.

Allow her the privacy to recover now.

Thread closed. JC

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement