Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First ever concert

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

U2 Phoenix park 14-08-1983. Big Country, Simple minds, Eurythmics and more That I can't remember...Ah youth, you wouldn't bate it with two sticks sellotaped together.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

First ever gig was a small local band, at a pub, cos a mate was singing with them. They were called Norfolk & Goode, say it fast a few times out loud and you'll get the general standard of the performance. Good fun though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

Cranberries in Limerick 1986, before they were famous.... I thought they were rubbish! First proper concert was..... Wait for it..... A-ha in RDS in 1988, ticket bought with my first pay cheque :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

First gig: Bruce Springsteen, Slane, 1985.
    Last gig: Rammstein, Rome, last week.

I love going to a good gig, nothing quite like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Ardeehey

First gig was in the Point - Bon Jovi...1989...my mother brought me as I was 10 at the time! Thought it was awesome though can't stand then sight of them now.

Last gig was Neil Young & Crazy Horse in the RDS!
    Next gig is probably Queens of the Stone Age in the O2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

U2 etc in the Dandelion Market 1978,

Proper Gig: Stranglers Top Hat DunLaoghaire 78 :D

Best Gigs: Undertones/Dire Straights Punchestown 83

Anyone see the Police in Leixlip Castle

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,115 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

First one Janis Ian in the Stadium in October (I think) 1979.
    Second one Abba in the RDS in November 1979.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Dan Dare

First gig was Slade in the National Stadium in Dublin around 1972/73. It was great.

The most recent was The Fall in The Pavilion in Cork in July 2012. It too was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Molly007

Don McLean in the National Stadium around 1972. "Bye bye Miss American Pie" was his big hit at the time. Happy memories:).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Queen.
    RDS.
    Nov. 1979.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 macaedh

1979.Dalymount Park.Status Quo,Judas Priest,Rockpile,The Undertones and Christy Moore.First indoor gig,Lena Lovich ,1979,cant remember venue

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

hothouse flowers, rds i think in 86
    then i just went mad as i hit my late teens.
    bon jovi, metallica, nirvana, megadeth, guns n roses (slane and wembley) izzy stradlin..have every ticket stub still

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Red Hare

Phil Lynott in about 1982. It was a solo gig but he had all the members of Thin Lizzy playing with him and they played a lot of Lizzy songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Great thread ;)

Had been to a lot of music festivals etc in the 70`s 80's but i think the first major concert was to see B.B. KING at the Neptune Stadium here in Cork.

Cant for the life of me remember what year that was lol , but i guessing mid 80`s .

Stargate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

The cure disintegration tour ....1990 I think...

Saw them at Electric Picnic last year....they're ass good as ever....

Love the fact that these older acts still remain relevant...

Leonard Cohen in Kilmainham a few years ago is still one of my favourite concerts and that guy is no spring chicken

Advertisement