Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Farmers Grill - Terenure Inn

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

degsie wrote: »
    From the charter..

So, unless most of boards users are based around the 'nure....

My interpretation is different. General populace does not mean any bargain has to be within easy reach of all boards members. There are countless bargains that are location based.

So you're against a bargain in Tralee then? Or maybe all bargains must be online? City centre ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

Esse85 wrote: »
    Probably cost about €3.50 to make it.

Its definitely not a bargain. If it was half price, it might be worth discussing.
    How daft. It is a business you know.

I know you said its would be €3.50 for the food. But are they selling it out of their bedroom? I get a roll from the shop next door 2 sausages, 2 pieces bacon and it costs €3.90, plus i have to go somewhere to eat it.

These are offering a freshly cooked breakfast, with a good bit of eating. A roof over your head and handed to you. With a nice atmosphere hopefully too.

The staff need to be paid, the rates have to be paid, the rent has to be paid, the other bills and the business make a profit. yeah €3.50......... or €7

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Matt the Rashers on Sundrive Road do a mega breakfast for €10. It’s huge. The liver is not for everyone mind, but it’s kind of comparable to the OP’s deal.

2 rashers, 3 sausages, 2 eggs, black & white pudding, hash browns, tomato, mushrooms, beans and lams liver. Served with orange juice / tea / coffee and brown bread / toast.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

OmegaGene wrote: »
    If you want a real bargain and possibly a heart attack after you’ve finished you can eat at Tony’s bistro in cork for free, it’s the godfather breakfast challenge

So here’s what’s in “The Godfather”…

Eight sausages, six rashers, a 6oz sirloin steak, four hash browns, four slices of black & white pudding, two fried eggs, two scrambled eggs, two bowls of chips, three pieces of fried tomato, one bowl of baked beans, one bowl of fried mushrooms, one bowl of onion rings, six pieces of toast, three slices of soda bread and a ‘bucket’ of tea or coffee.

To get it free you have to finish the lot

That's some size.

This is the one in Cavan. Also free if you finish!

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭n!ghtmancometh

Has this turned into the 'post pictures and videos of horrible looking, overpriced food' forum?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

the op,s breakfast you could get in aldi for less than 6 euros,you know what the say fools and there money :D

dudara wrote: »
    Matt the Rashers on Sundrive Road do a mega breakfast for €10. It’s huge. The liver is not for everyone mind, but it’s kind of comparable to the OP’s deal.

2 rashers, 3 sausages, 2 eggs, black & white pudding, hash browns, tomato, mushrooms, beans and lams liver. Served with orange juice / tea / coffee and brown bread / toast.

Matt's is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

bassy wrote: »
    the op,s breakfast you could get in aldi for less than 6 euros,you know what the say fools and there money :D

To be fair, there’s a big difference between eating out and cooking at home. It’s not a fair comparison

dudara wrote: »
    To be fair, there’s a big difference between eating out and cooking at home. It’s not a fair comparison

it,s also not a bargain alert.....

it,s also not a bargain alert.....

I've had far less for the same price elsewhere! Granted, the steak doesn't come out well in the photo, but it was actually very good!

Matt the Rashers is my other go to for a great fresh breakfast.

I do think I seem to have posted the "most popular" "unpopular" bargain alert alright.

• Advertisement

I've had far less for the same price elsewhere! Granted, the steak doesn't come out well in the photo, but it was actually very good!

Matt the Rashers is my other go to for a great fresh breakfast.

well i suppose if your happy with it then so be it,matt the rashers deal looks way better.

well i suppose if your happy with it then so be it,matt the rashers deal looks way better.

I think they are both good. Matts is better value than you will get in the cafes in Terenure in any event, and the steak, even at 5oz, does increase things too.
    But you're right, Matts is a fantastic deal, I normally just go for the standard brekkie there and its great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,270 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Pretty great. Maybe the pic doesn't do it justice! The 5oz steak was delicious.

Looks rank.. frozen chips, frozen hash brown, cheap sausages, splodge of beans

Not much different from what you'd get under a heat lamp at a Centra deli counter

Yuck

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

They've put it up €3.50 ,the boom is back :eek:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=101996340

Juwwi wrote: »
    They've put it up €3.50 ,the boom is back :eek:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=101996340

Hah indeed. Actually, prices on everything seem to be going up locally here.

I do like to support local businesses if I can and they represent good value.
    Did I mention more than once about Dinos being open again?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=108807925

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Sure it's Brexit's fault.

Also of note, for those in city centre, is Bobos burger joints. Breakfast might not come to mind, but they do fantastic all day mini/full brekkie straight off the grill. There is simply no comparison between kylemore type breakfast and cooked fresh on a grill.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Flashdan

4 Pages of arguing about a breakfast....congratulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Flashdan wrote: »
    4 Pages of arguing about a breakfast....congratulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Also of note, for those in city centre, is Bobos burger joints. Breakfast might not come to mind, but they do fantastic all day mini/full brekkie straight off the grill. There is simply no comparison between kylemore type breakfast and cooked fresh on a grill.

I tried it on one particularly hungover day and found it distinctly meh.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement