Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farmers Grill - Terenure Inn

Options
  • 27-02-2019 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,759 ✭✭✭

Farmers Grill - Terenure Inn. €14.95.

Cooked fresh per order:

4 rashers (2 extra as I opted for no egg/pudding)
    2 sausages
    Fried mushrooms
    Beans
    Hash Brown
    Chips
    2 x Toast/butter.
    ........................And to finish off - a 5oz Sirloin Steak - served medium

Hungry?

(No connection, only hungry customer)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Is that a food challenge?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

looks like you paid 15 quid for a pretty poor mixed grill...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,759 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

rogieop wrote: »
    looks like you paid 15 quid for a pretty poor mixed grill...

Pretty great. Maybe the pic doesn't do it justice! The 5oz steak was delicious.

Birneybau wrote: »

I felt challenged after finishing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Wheres the BA?

• Advertisement

degsie wrote: »
    Wheres the BA?

14.95 for a great mixed grill and a 5oz steak. It's up to me if I think it's a bargain! I didn't post a question on global warming!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Cheap for Dublin, normal for rest of country....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭enricoh

Decent imo, saw the fry u get in bewleys for e17 i think it was - around half that!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Birneybau wrote: »

I felt challenged after finishing it!

And you will while trying to pass it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Fifteen euro isn't bad for what's on that plate when you consider the price of a "meal" in McDonald's etc.

Not exactly up to speed on how much a big Mac meal is these days, but I'm guessing around €8 or so?

Bargain in comparison imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

Probably cost about €3.50 to make it.

Its definitely not a bargain. If it was half price, it might be worth discussing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Allinall

Esse85 wrote: »
    Probably cost about €3.50 to make it.

Its definitely not a bargain. If it was half price, it might be worth discussing.

Think your costings might be a bit off there.

Raw materials
    Labour
    Apportionment of overheads

All for €3.50? Don’t think so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Glad to report that the 'Nure Inn has taken your feedback on board and is now offering a bottle of Gaviscon and a free angiogram as part of this amazing deal.

T&C apply. Defibrillation is limited to one jolt per customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

The f*cking state of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

What's the point of posting in this forum? It's only available to people around the area. Better off posting in regional forum.

Allinall wrote: »
    Think your costings might be a bit off there.

Raw materials
    Labour
    Apportionment of overheads

All for €3.50? Don’t think so.

I'm talking food costs here, but please let us know your own costings so.

I'm talking food costs here, but please let us know your own costings so.

Food costs completely irrelevant, any price charged reflects all costs. You're conflating going to the shop and purchasing the raw food (and with the 5oz steak I doubt youd get it for 3.50), with a retail outlet cooking the whole thing and serving it up in a premises that pays costs of staff, insurance etc etc. Quite apart from the work youd do yourself to cook it. Your food cost argument is nonsensical and no different than saying youd get a ribeye for €7 so why pay €20 in a restaurant.

Pussyhands wrote: »
    What's the point of posting in this forum? It's only available to people around the area. Better off posting in regional forum.

More people in Terenure will see a bargain here, I see it as a bargain (my and others prerogative!) more than a regional issue nd others have agreed/disagreed , that's the nature of it.

What's the point of you clicking on a bargain that clearly has no benefit to you (Terenure is in the title), and moaning about it?!

If mods want to insist that we cant post regional bargains they can say so for all future bargain alerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

What's the point of you clicking on a bargain that clearly has no benefit to you (Terenure is in the title), and moaning about it?!

So people in future will post their non bargains in local forums.

15 quid for a fry with steak (weird) isn't a bargain anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

More people in Terenure will see a bargain here, I see it as a bargain (my and others prerogative!) more than a regional issue nd others have agreed/disagreed , that's the nature of it.

If mods want to insist that we cant post regional bargains they can say so for all future bargain alerts.

Where’s Terenure?

• Advertisement

Food costs completely irrelevant, any price charged reflects all costs. You're conflating going to the shop and purchasing the raw food (and with the 5oz steak I doubt youd get it for 3.50), with a retail outlet cooking the whole thing and serving it up in a premises that pays costs of staff, insurance etc etc. Quite apart from the work youd do yourself to cook it. Your food cost argument is nonsensical and no different than saying youd get a ribeye for €7 so why pay €20 in a restaurant.

€15 for a fry and 5oz steak is not a bargain, the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,110 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Doesn’t even include a cup of tea/coffee. I’m out.

Not the first time the OP has been promoting this business on bargain alerts either.
    Ridiculous

Not the first time the OP has been promoting this business on bargain alerts either.
    Ridiculous

Yep, as I have with local chipper too. Like to promote any local bargains in my area. Sorry for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,990 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

might be value in Dublin, but if you were asked for €15 for that around these parts they would throw it back in your face !! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭beachhead

It always me the prices of very ordinary food in this country.But certain parts of Dublin are not ordinary.I'd prefer a bacon and cabbage for that price.Rip off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭beachhead

Always amazes me.And bacon and cabbage is not ordinary food.It's a national dish along with fish&chips and chicken curry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Glebee

Even if it was free people would give out.

beachhead wrote: »
    I'd prefer a bacon and cabbage for that price.Rip off.

Nah, I'd feel ripped off I charged that for bacon&cabbage! Steak is a more expensive item.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

From the charter..
    This forum is for cheap and useful bargains that might be of use for the general populace of boards.

So, unless most of boards users are based around the 'nure....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement