Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts/Adverts Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

so... anyone know anything about a GTX 580 on amazon for £312........ ;)

fixed :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

In reality, there is no reason anyone should chose a GTS450 over a HD5770, especially at similar prices.

The HD5770 is a far superior card.

I was only noting it - there were also models a tenner cheaper. Even then I'd prefer a cheaper and far less power-hungry HD5750 1GB, but some people want their CUDA/PhysX/Fanboi Points/whatever.

I'm more interested in how they have a power-hungry yet low-profile GTS450 there for just €109, yet no low-power, low-profile HD5750 available :(

that gtx 580 might actually be a legit price. the Amazon page now says
    Temporarily out of stock.
    Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we ship the item.
    Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.co.uk. Gift-wrap available.
    but at the same price. interesting.

also, i like the way amazon says "customers who bought this also bought:"
    who amazon, who bought this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    that gtx 580 might actually be a legit price. the Amazon page now says but at the same price. interesting.

also, i like the way amazon says "customers who bought this also bought:"
    who amazon, who bought this?
    Just reading over on the OCUK forums that a few have bought it at this price from Amazon. They've received an email giving a tracking code and estimated delivery date :eek: I still think it's too good to be true - I'd imagine the 580's cost Amazon more than £311???

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

They are being sold for the same price in dollars on amazon.com Maybe they've decided to stop putting an exorbitant markup on electronics over here compared to the US.

*crosses fingers*

• Advertisement

deconduo wrote: »
    They are being sold for the same price in dollars on amazon.com Maybe they've decided to stop putting an exorbitant markup on electronics over here compared to the US.

*crosses fingers*
    where? got a link?

This. Chosen just beat me to posting it :p With shipping its around €245 - massively discounted from the usual price. If it had been that price a month ago I might have grabbed it for futureproofing :o Yum! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Solitaire wrote: »
    This. Chosen just beat me to posting it :p With shipping its around €245 - massively discounted from the usual price. If it had been that price a month ago I might have grabbed it for futureproofing :o Yum! :D

Is overclockers.co.uk a good site, never bought from them? Just seen this and think would be worth getting for myself for my new build :), wonder if they dropped it this low in to get rid of them in time for the 6970 to come out though.

deceit wrote: »
    Is overclockers.co.uk a good site, never bought from them? Just seen this and think would be worth getting for myself for my new build :), wonder if they dropped it this low in to get rid of them in time for the 6970 to come out though.
    They're one of the biggest UK etailers of pc stuff and generally have good choice and value. I've been stung by them before, but apparently, I'm in the minority.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

They're one of the biggest UK etailers of pc stuff and generally have good choice and value. I've been stung by them before, but apparently, I'm in the minority.

I've been stung too... twice! Others seem to had had no issues, but I still won't go back due to their lack of customer service.

• Advertisement

Most of the problems regarding eBuyer has a lot to do with incorrect item descriptions...

Also, to answer the questions on the BA thread at the moment prior to tidy-up: eBuyer charge UK VAT of 17.5% on goods, but delivery has been £14.99 inc. VAT for a while now...

Which, given that the ex.VAT price is £12.41, is Irish VAT :confused::p

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭slowlydownwards

Aldi has a 1tb usb3.0 hd tomorrow, as noted over in general BA. Got myself new pc less than a year ago and remember at The time thinking "to usb3 or not to usb3". Guess what I did? Well, feck it anyways. Sorry for the absence of links.

Posted all details in the main bargain alerts thread, but OCUK have a 5850 on preorder for about €170 including delivery to Ireland. Stock arrives on 24/12 approximately, so it's too late for me :mad: but it might make a great present for yourselves (albeit a present you'd receive after Christmas).

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

Posted all details in the main bargain alerts thread, but OCUK have a 5850 on preorder for about €170 including delivery to Ireland. Stock arrives on 24/12 approximately, so it's too late for me :mad: but it might make a great present for yourselves (albeit a present you'd receive after Christmas).

Ordered a 6950 from Ebuyer a few hours before your post :pac:

i nearly jumped because of how cheap that 5850 is, and i can get it delivered to family in the UK, saving on irish vat, but after looking at benchmarks, its not much of an upgrade on a GTX460 768mb, certainly not £125 worth.

still, if you dont already have a good GPU, and you're building now, thats a cracking deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Would that 5850 be much of an upgrade from a 4850?
    Think I already know the answer. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Shy_Dave! wrote: »
    Would that 5850 be much of an upgrade from a 4850?
    Think I already know the answer. :p

Check this out: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-radeon-hd-6870-radeon-hd-6850,2782-7.html

I thought it would be more of an upgrade than the text would suggest (regarding the 3-tier minimum upgrade recommendation).

Thanks for that. Still think that I will get the 5850 posted - especially at this great price :pac:

Its three tiers above the HD4850 ;)

IMHO they have a rather conservative opinion of it; IIRC its performance is closer to a single-GPU HD4850X2 (or CF'd HD4850s), a further tier up. Also, for some reason the HD4870/5770 and GTX260 are on the same tier as the HD4890-level GPUs despite a significant difference in performance level. They should be in a seperate tier below it and as that tier is missing there should be a bigger "gap" between the HD4850 and HD5850 on that chart.

• Advertisement

Nice, so almost talking 40-50% increase before overclocking, Time to order :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,409 ✭✭✭Nollog

Did I imagine seeing HD6XXX cards or are they just on pre-order with months?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Damnit !!
    Have ordered a 6850 last week and am waiting on a delivery !

.. Ah well its always the way.

Next purchase an i7 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

Pimp Ninja wrote: »
    Damnit !!

Ordered from ebuyer on friday and got 6950 on monday - with a free christmas mug to say thanks! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Pimp Ninja wrote: »
    Damnit !!

WOHOO ! ive never been so happy that an order fell through. Im now ordering me a 5850 :)

Good news on the 5850 from Overclockers.
    Now in stock but they are still giving the lower pre-order price as it's christmas!
    They have started shipping already, if ordered 11pm on the 22nd, shipped sometime on the 23rd would a dpd two day parcel be here before christmas?

Weather permitted of course!

Shy_Dave! wrote: »
    They have started shipping already, if ordered 11pm on the 22nd, shipped sometime on the 23rd would a dpd two day parcel be here before christmas?

Weather permitted of course!
    I ordered a GTX460 from OcUK last Friday morning, via DPD two day parcel. Given the weather, I assumed I wouldn't get it before Christmas. In fact, tracking said it was still in their UK depot on Monday. Got a text on the Tuesday from the Swords depot to say they had it but because of the weather they couldn't get it out to me. I was however, allowed go out and pick it up myself, which is exactly what I did. So to answer your question........ I don't know :p It may have been travelling over the weekend (although tracking said otherwise). If the weekend is not included, it took 48 hours between ordering and the package arriving in Swords.

how much is shipping from pix?

looking at that quad core athlon, but dont want to have to create an account just to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭shuyin1

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    how much is shipping from pix?

looking at that quad core athlon, but dont want to have to create an account just to find out.

€7 if its just the x4.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Anyone seen any good prices on a 2TB internal hard drive. Need to buy one or two in the next few days.

Advertisement