Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts/Adverts Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

Bumping for the sake of discussing the new Phenom X6. I can see why they look nice and I sure would want one but looking at benchmarks it falls behind intel at anything a standard "power user" would do. Gaming and multitasking in general still looks to be with intel. In one bench I swore I saw a Q series quad beating one of them :confused:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

If you do a lot of image editing and video encoding though, its a pure beast

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

If anyone was wondering what Unreg's post was about:

komplettfail.png

lol.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

If you do a lot of image editing and video encoding though, its a pure beast

Image editing not so much, Intel are still superior in this regard, though the extra cores help if the app is multi core aware.

Basically, its about as fast as the fastest Core i7's, (the 1095T) and overclocked, is right on the heels of the 980x - which is no mean feat considering the price difference between the 2 CPU's.

You can't really bring OCing into the equation though, given that the Nehalems are still better in that regard. The AMD hexacores are still pretty gutsy chips at an amazing price though, although I wish AMD would fix their issues with games. Its pretty clear that in spite of the clock speed hike their server/workstation roots are still clearly visible :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭zappb

Solitaire wrote: »
    You can't really bring OCing into the equation though, given that the Nehalems are still better in that regard. The AMD hexacores are still pretty gutsy chips at an amazing price though, although I wish AMD would fix their issues with games. Its pretty clear that in spite of the clock speed hike their server/workstation roots are still clearly visible :o

What he said, in other words, AMD Six core rocks! Like Solitaire, I also wished I bought one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭Nollog

If anyone was wondering what Unreg's post was about:
    Interestingly, they now have 7 in stock for the same price.

Of course you can - sure that's what overclocking is all about!

You get a €200 CPU, overclock it to the same performance as a stock €1000 CPU?

Sure you can bring overclocking into it.

But you can also OC the €1000 CPU... :p

But you can also OC the €1000 CPU... :p

But thats not the point. Its a pretty easy concept to grasp....

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

I ordered one. Normally wouldn't take advantage of a misprice.

But would feel it would go somewhere towards compensating me for the RMA i'm going through since march... which i still haven't been refunded for :mad:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Lu Tze wrote: »
    More of a misprice rather than a bargain alert i guess, but for anybody who wants to see if they get one

http://www.komplett.ie/Komplett/product/ZKB_01COM/10_GRPCARD/04_PCI-E/productdetails/15579140/Sapphire_RADEON_HD_5670_Graphics_adapter_/11168_00_20R/default.aspx

HD5670 for €11.25... with free delivery if that is still going! That said its not in stock, so even if it was at normal price you may not get it at the moment the way things have gone for them

I ordered it and heard nothing. Which doesn't encourage me to try ordering anything else from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭ninja 12

BostonB wrote: »
    I ordered it and heard nothing. Which doesn't encourage me to try ordering anything else from them.

I ordered one , and 11.25 was charged to my credit card . I also got a confirmation email . Hmm , stock is available in 4 days .

I ordered one , and 11.25 was charged to my credit card . I also got a confirmation email . Hmm , stock is available in 4 days .

Got charged as well, eventually found their order confirmation in my spam (gmail). Their T&Cs say it is not a valid transaction until it is invoiced, though i don't see how that works seeing as we already paid

Pity there are no low prices like this on something in stock :pac:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=66734868&postcount=328

Pity there are no out-of-stock i5-750s for €50 ready to come back into stock on Tuesday :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭savemejebus

anyone had any movement on the 5670? It's annoying that they've taken payment but since then zilch?

anyone had any movement on the 5670? It's annoying that they've taken payment but since then zilch?

Their supplier couldn't fufil the order, so they had to switch supplier, hence the date being pushed back to the 21st

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭savemejebus

interesting, i wonder will they just cancel the 11.25 orders once they get stock?

• Advertisement

I doubt it, they would have contacted us by now. They have copped the mistake, and adjusted the price, but seeing as they have already taken the funds that would suggest they have to fufil the contract when it is in stock (despite the price increase, it still has the same sku, which i suppose they could change and say they have no more stock!)

seeing as they have already taken the funds that would suggest they have to fufil the contract when it is in stock

I was under that impression as well - by taking money from the visa card , they agreed to sell at the advertised price (8 days to go till stock is due in !!)

ninja 12 wrote: »
    I was under that impression as well - by taking money from the visa card , they agreed to sell at the advertised price (8 days to go till stock is due in !!)

TBH i wouldnt go fighting it if it was cancelled, only ordered because i was pissed off with my RMA still not going through, if i get the refund shortly like i have been told i will i wouldn't bother pushing them if they do cancel (seeing as it was an obvious misprice, like the PSU i posted up)

TBH i wouldnt go fighting it if it was cancelled, only ordered because i was pissed off with my RMA still not going through, if i get the refund shortly like i have been told i will i wouldn't bother pushing them if they do cancel (seeing as it was an obvious misprice, like the PSU i posted up)

Anybody taking bets as to what's going to happen when they come back in stock ?

Looking at Marco's post in bargain alerts, have we reached a turning point price wise? Will this prompt price drops across the range for ATI or just those competing in and around the same price/performance of the GTX460.

Marco's HD5830 is actually old'd; it was posted in another alert a while back and hasn't changed in price a good while before the GTX460 showed up on the scene.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Marco's HD5830 is actually old'd; it was posted in another alert a while back and hasn't changed in price a good while before the GTX460 showed up on the scene.

Damn you misleading pixmania email alerts. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

ninja 12 wrote: »

This email arrived today...
    Dear Customer,

Unfortunately we have to inform you we’ve had to cancel your order which included item * Sapphire RADEON HD 5670 due to a stock problem. Our apologies for the inconvenience. If pre-paid you’ll be reimbursed in 4-8 working days. Our apologies for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
    Komplett Customer Service

BostonB wrote: »
    This email arrived today...

Sames as. Hardly surprising though i suppose.

By the way if anybody is trying to take this any further i'm morally behind you, if only so they might consider not charging you immediately when you place an order - which is incredibly frustrating as their stock count isn't accurate.

Placed an order for RAM the last day, 2 in stock, only to find out there were none, and they take ages to refund :(

Anybody risking ordering off them i would suggest checking what is actually in sotck with the komplett rep on here. He told me the website stock is manually updated at the moment :eek:

• Advertisement

Komplett wrote:

Dear Customer,

Unfortunately we have to inform you we’ve had to cancel your order which included item * Sapphire RADEON HD 5670 due to a stock problem. Our apologies for the inconvenience. If pre-paid you’ll be reimbursed in 4-8 working days. Our apologies for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
    Komplett Customer Service

I got the email as well .

Will the graphic cards suddenly come back into stock (at the right price) when all the cancellation emails have gone out ??? :rolleyes:

Is this just a ploy by Komplett to get out of having to supply cards at a cheaper price ??

Advertisement