Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NBA Regular Season & Playoffs 2019-20 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,942 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It's good to see a top sports organisation show that kind of responsibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

eagle eye wrote: »
    It's good to see a top sports organisation show that kind of responsibility.

Rudy Gobert has the coronavirus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

On a positive note, got this email from Warriors tonight

“ You will receive a credit to your account for the season ticket variable price of tomorrow night’s game, which will be applied towards the first installment of your 2020-21 season ticket renewal. As the full scope of current cancellations are clarified, you will be credited in accordance for any lost games.

3/12 Brooklyn Variable Price Per Ticket: $170”

Obviously selfish but I’ll take it since majority of tickets have been selling way below face value all season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,898 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Gobert, what a clown!

Before people start villainizing him, what does that tweet even mean ? That he knew he had it and started rubbing his face into peoples clothes ?
    Or most likely he probably didn’t even know he had it, iam sure he could of been more careful but some of the reactions have been ott, like he started it all...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Wow.

It's actually the most reposneible decision to make, but I'm still shocked they did it so early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,823 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Wow.

It's actually the most reposneible decision to make, but I'm still shocked they did it so early.
    Baseball's postponed. NCAA cancelled. NHL cancelled as well. Even if not coordinated, the first to do so would've caused the others to be questioned.

Not that it really matters as the world works through this whole thing but just had a thought about how the way Zion has started his career, a mini break like this could be ideal for him if the season does get concluded to be refreshed and keep going as strong as he has been. Would more than likely lead to even more hype and ESPN wouldn't know what to do with themselves. With two possible very small samples still remains to be seen how he'll manage a season.

• Advertisement

And fair play to him for this, I know Giannis, Griffin and Love have too but to be fair they have a lot more in the bank. Would expect other superstars to be doing it over a rookie.

https://twitter.com/MarcJSpearsESPN/status/1238578012708147200?s=19

Admirable from Zion but it's fcuking embarrassing that the 19 year old kid is doing that while the billionaire owner stays silent.

Admirable from Zion but it's fcuking embarrassing that the 19 year old kid is doing that while the billionaire owner stays silent.

most of these sports owners are so far removed from the everyday persons reality the thought of helping wouldn’t even cross their mind

KD has tested positive, along with 3 other unnamed Nets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,823 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Knicks always leading the way. Owner positive for Coronavirus, first major sports owner reporting.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28966720/knicks-owner-james-dolan-tests-positive-coronavirus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Rather than setting up a new thread just wondering is their anywhere decent to buy nba jerseys? Looking at picking up a pelicans top or 2 will I just have to go nba store? Cheers

• Advertisement

Always hard to know who is actually carrying jerseys here, not sure where you're located either. Quick Google gave the below. May be best to stick with the NBA Store/Fanatics.

JD - Have a Zoom Jersey and team cap.
    Elverys - Only NO top is a Davis one by the looks of it. They have a lot of out of date stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Yeah think it's better to just do it on the nba store i guess. I'm dublin by the way should have said. Thanks anyways

Buy from the EU store btw it you’ll be hit with customs and excise tax and duties if you buy from the US store and your total is more than $140.

Also check the fanatics UK store, there can be bargains there at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

If the season is scrapped, does anyone know if they still intend to award MVP, DPOTY etc? It feels like enough of the season has been played to be able to give out the awards.

Doesn't seem to have been something that has been brought up, they seem more interested in organising 2K and HORSE tournaments.

• Advertisement

kmart6 wrote: »
    Doesn't seem to have been something that has been brought up, they seem more interested in organising 2K and HORSE tournaments.

I guess if you're scrapping the season, it's somewhat consistent to scrap the awards aswell but that would be a shame. Hopefully when the HORSE extravaganza is over, they might clarify.

They aren't going to clarify individual awards over the season.

No player will want an award for an incomplete season as it will always have an asterisk associated with it.

They aren't going to clarify individual awards over the season.

No player will want an award for an incomplete season as it will always have an asterisk associated with it.

You're likely right about whether they'll award it, but I think the players who would win in this scenario would get over it quickly enough. They've already played more games than in the 99 lockout and not far off the games played in the most recent one.

Totally different scenarios in my opinion. With the lockouts they knew before the season started that they had X number of games that they were all playing, a season being called now and awarding individual trophies when you can't award a winning team will lead to them never being viewed the same.

Totally different scenarios in my opinion. With the lockouts they knew before the season started that they had X number of games that they were all playing, a season being called now and awarding individual trophies when you can't award a winning team will lead to them never being viewed the same.

It's not totally different, it's somewhat different but arguably not different enough to scrap the whole thing in my opinion. The players were aware the 80% of the season played to date makes up the vast majority of the sample size for the awards. Take ROTY, Zion might have done something crazy over the remainder of the season that puts him in contention for the award but what about Ja Morant and what he's done over the season. No award ceremony seems more unfair to Ja than Zion.

The rookie awards have to be given out
    You only get one chance at those.
    I don't see any issues with all the player awards being given out. We already had the all-star weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Gar Forman fired by the Bulls after 156 years in his job.
    Karnisovas throwing shade at him straight away

https://twitter.com/chicagobulls/status/1249751357965426690

I listened to a pod with Karnisovas at some stage maybe last year (?), smart dude.

Oldest man in the world.

• Advertisement

Oldest man in the world.

What?

What?

Joke, look how long he said he's had the job.

Joke, look how long he said he's had the job.

Ah...ok.

Interesting, can't believe he's still only 28.

https://www.si.com/mma/2020/04/13/royce-white-takes-on-mma

Gar Forman fired by the Bulls after 156 years in his job.
    Karnisovas throwing shade at him straight away

https://twitter.com/chicagobulls/status/1249751357965426690

tenor.gif?itemid=16514944

Can't remember the last time we had good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Cheers I hadn't noticed that they moved the release date up. Last I checked it was down for June/July release

That’s great and I have to admit to being pleasantly surprised it’s being shown here, was gearing up to watch on kodi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Just got through the first 2 parts. I'm sure nobody reading this forum needs any encouragement to watch it but I'll give it my recommendation anyway!

Edit:Sorry for dragging thread off topic, just remembered this is the 19/20 thread.

• Advertisement

Whoever was responsible for the captions, take a bow.

EWBV3ZmUYAIHDg-?format=jpg&name=360x360

EWE4d6CU0AEKv_t?format=jpg&name=360x360

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I thought only the first episode is out on Netflix, or are people watching through other means?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,339 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I thought only the first episode is out on Netflix, or are people watching through other means?

The first two episodes are in Netflix. There has only been two episodes broadcast in the US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The first two episodes are in Netflix. There has only been two episodes broadcast in the US.
    This :cool:

I was tempted to wait till the whole lot was out and binge watch the entire series, but the temptation to watch on release was stronger :D long wait for the next one now though

Episode two tonight so.

Currently at Number 2 on Netflix in Ireland, and yet you can't see NBA or European basketball in this country normally unless you go way out of your way to find it.Baffling. I know Jordan transcends basketball culturally globally, but I don't recal any of the many AMerican Football documentaries (and I've wathed a tonne of them) trending this highly.l

• Advertisement

Isn't the NBA on Sky? Hardly obscure. Plus, you can use the NBA pass to stream.

College basketball is still on BT as far as I know.

Not sure where to watch European basketball, but would be surpised if sky or Eurosport don't carry it.

Not sure where to watch European basketball, but would be surpised if sky or Eurosport don't carry it.

Yeah I'd call European basketball obscure, NBA is global.

Pretty crazy that Scottie earned 3x his entire Bulls salary with Portland. $22m in 11 years in Chicago and then $66m for 4 years in Portland.

Pretty crazy that Scottie earned 3x his entire Bulls salary with Portland. $22m in 11 years in Chicago and then $66m for 4 years in Portland.

Pippen was screwed, but a lot of that was of his own making in signing bad deals when in Chicago. It's a more complicated story than it looks in the raw numbers there.

Isn't the NBA on Sky? Hardly obscure. Plus, you can use the NBA pass to stream.

College basketball is still on BT as far as I know.

Yeah I'd call European basketball obscure, NBA is global.

Sorry I should have clarified, I meant "Free To Air" in the same way American Football is on Channel 4/BBC etc., not satellite/pay per view.

• Advertisement
Advertisement