Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

***HORSE SHARE ONLY*** - NB -NO advertising of horses for sale/wanted/loan/lease

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 workaholic2

Hi all :D

im trying to return to horse riding after being off for 4 months (broke my leg) and am going to china in 4 weeks (moneys tight so cant afford lessons)

Jus wondering if anyone out there needed someone to lightly school/exercise/hack out their horse until then? Maybe you are going on holidays or just want a break for yourself..Since I cant put alot of weight on my leg still, can only ride without stirrups/with long stirrups. Would suit an unfit horse getting back into work with alot of walking/uphill/downhill work, or short periods of time trotting/cantering.

Looking for any colour/breed of horse that wont throw a buck as I dont fancy re-breaking my leg ;) Im 5ft 2 so can ride ponies aswell, am quite used to both ponies and horses. Could ride 13.2 - 16hh.

Have been riding since I was 9 (am 23 now) and have alot of experience with getting horses fit for any kind of discipline. But for now am only looking for a horse I can lightly ride.

Have my own transport and only work part time so have lotsa free time on my hands! based in Swords but willing to travel from anywhere between Ashbourne/Blanchardstown/Swords. If you need someone but live further out, PM me anyway as Im really dying to get back into it and would defo travel for the right horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ironia

hi. I'm looking for any stable to help in. 15 years expirience of riding.
    expirience with stallions, foal first training, pregnant mares care, young horse training as well (from walking in hands up to easy riding).
    years of expirience of grooming on showjumping (stallions)
    ground work as well, driving, first levels of dressage teaching etc..
    good knowlegde about first medicine and big expierience with rehabilitations after surgeries)

a bit of natural horsemanship(good for stressed, traumed and young horses)

just moved from abroad and missing horses so much :(
    ready to do everything, no mucking out boxes (because of back trauma)

I don't have my own transport, because it is difficult to start driving "wrong way of road" :) it takes time.
    living in center of Asbourne town.
    more about me and horses http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=60730233&postcount=165

please PM if intrested!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭TwilightWillow

Hi there, I'm a 20 year old female, 10st from the south side of Cork city, just looking to get back into riding as I haven't had time recently with work/college.

I'm looking for something during the week, I have 13 years experience with riding all types and tempermants! I love the showjumping/hunting/cross-country side of things, preferrably the horse being around 15-17hh.
    If anyone needs someone to just hack out during the week or bring the horse for lessons I would be more than happy to help.

I have my own transport and I live in the Douglas/Carrigaline area so am willing to travel.

I am not looking to share as such, just to help someone out if they're stuck.

PM me if you're interested! :)
    Mel

• Registered Users Posts: 11 lalalady

Hi

Any experience in breaking horse and looking for a horse to work with and ride in the Louth area?

Please PM me if interested. Drogheda area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Mesenger1

Hi all,

I'm looking for a horse share along the Louth/Monaghan border. I am willing to travel and share the cost in return for a nice quiet horse as it has been some time since I worked full time with horses but am seriously looking to get in the saddle so to speak:D.

Please PM me if you want to find out further info.

Kind regards

M1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭cookerj

Hey, I have a beautiful part-bred arab gelding in Dublin who's rising 8 and 15.2. He has an exceptionally affectionate nature and is a super quick learner.

I've only had him 4 months and he was broken for polo (then went on to hunt and hunter trial) so he hasn't much polework done but loves it. I've loose-jumped him 1.40 no problem and jumped a small course of 1.10 on him.

I'd love him to be schooled further by an experienced rider as he has great dressage potential, lovely paces and willing to learn. He was very fast when I got him but has improved massively in the last 4 months.

I'm moving him to an (unnamed!) diy place in Stepaside on 10th Aug. I'd be looking for €120-200 a month depending on your involvement. Once it gets really wet I'll move him to Rathfarnham Equestrian which has a big indoor.

If you're interested please let me know a bit more about your experience and I can send you pics.

Thanks a mill,

RachelviewFullPhoto.jsp?cid=1525143viewFullPhoto.jsp?cid=1525143

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 xblondyx

Heyy,Just saw your advert,I have a horse in stables in dublin 18, If your free im still intrested as i will be starting college soon and prob wont be able to ride as often as id like to.so reply back if your still intrested ,here is a picture of my horse Rocky.4366269579a8455254597l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mirmar

Hi. I need a rider to exercise some horses. They are eventers/all rounders and are very well schooled and safe.You would need to have a good level of flatwork done.There will be lots of riding available. We have a sand arena and fields to ride in. We are based in the Kildare/Dublin area but you will need your own transport. If you are interested in hearing more, please PM me

mirmar wrote: »
    Hi. I need a rider to exercise some horses. They are eventers/all rounders and are very well schooled and safe.You would need to have a good level of flatword done.There will be lots of riding available. We have a sand arena and fields to ride in. If you are interested in hearing more, please PM me
    You should probably give a location....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

mirmar wrote: »
    Hi. I need a rider to exercise some horses. They are eventers/all rounders and are very well schooled and safe.You would need to have a good level of flatword done.There will be lots of riding available. We have a sand arena and fields to ride in. If you are interested in hearing more, please PM me

Where abouts are you based?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Kooja

Hi, I am in Nth Co. Dublin & have a TB Gelding 16.2 ex Racer. He is 10 yrs old and is a happy hacker. He ran his last race in 2006 and was given 6 months off. He was re-schooled and has decent flatwork, if a little stiff. I have him a year now & I work full time Mon to Fri 0800 to 1700, so can only ride 2 days per week. He is brilliant out on the roads, well used to road works, double decker buses, kids, dogs & bikes. Is there anyone interested in exercising him 2 days per week for 45/50 mins?

You cam PM me if you are. Tks a mill.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Sian Gittins

Hi,
    Are you still looking for someone to keep your horse fit?

Hi,
    Are you still looking for an experience rider?

Experience Rider Available-

I've moved to Dublin and want the opportunity to ride during the week, as hunting starts next month and I need to get fit.
    I have my own horse but back in Wales which I share with my Mum.
    I'm home most weekend to compete and hunt.

If anyone is interested for me to hack, flat work, jump,
    Just let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pittyplatsch

Hi,

I'm currently looking for a horse to share in Dundalk. Have somebody here any ideas where I can look for it?
    I'm 24 years old (had own horses and experience with horses more than 15 years), german girl and living now here in Dundalk.

So if someone have more information, please don't hestiate and mail me =)

Cheers
    pittyplatsch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭li-evo7

Unfortunately I am going back to sit my leaving cert again and wont have the time to ride my new guy during the week. Very upset but it has to be done!Some info on him: he is 15.2 coloured.Just turned 5 in june. He has 19 sji points all gained as a four year old! he has done pony club and riding club jumping. When I first got him he was very green on the flat but he is the quickest learner and is riding like a show horse now! Would need a competent rider as I would like the work I have been doing with him kept up. He loves his jumping! Would like someone to hack him out and do a bit of jumping and flatwork during the week.There is a livery lesson on wednesdays in the yard you can do which is at a discounted price with a great instructor. Half livery charges would be needed.Great quiet roads to hack out on and a forest trail up the mountains.Also a xcountry course.We have a large indoor arena,small outdoor and a large outdoor. If you are interested or know anyone who wants to ride this great horse please contact me. I start school around the 17th so need someone asap.A trial ride will be needed also to make sure you suit.smile.gif Also I am based in south dublin .If interested I can send you photos of him and answer any questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 allyearround

Hi Fellow Horse Lovers, I'm desperately looking to share or exercise a horse (14.2hh to 16.2hh). I'm 28, 10 stone and been riding since I was 8 years old (less frequently now though :(). I live in Roundwood & I'm interested in part-sharing or exercising a horse that enjoys hacking & jumping (non competitive). Can be grass horse or stabled. I drive & work in D18 so anywhere around Stepaside, Enniskerry, Glencullen or North Wicklow (Roundwood, Glendalough, Laragh, Bray) suits me fine. I can pay for shoes for using your horse too. I'm tired of lessons & ride outs... just want something that I can do my own thing on and progress my riding :) Ideally someone who wants help exercising, grooming & caring for their horse. Don't need to ride at weekends but would if it suits the owner. I can't afford to do 50% share but can help out with up to €140 depending on horse/riding availability.
    Would love to hear from someone who wants help with their little pet :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 allyearround

Experienced rider available to exercise your horse & help with some bills if needed. I've been riding since I was 8 and had my own pony for 5 years. I'm now 28 and looking for something fun to ride. I'm interested in hacking and jumping, mostly. South Dublin/Wicklow areas. Available to ride during the week in the eves & can share weekends or leave weekends to owner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Leahos

I am currently trying to start back horseriding. I've been riding my whole life, i've previously owned two horses but due to financial circumstances had to sell my last horse a few months ago. If anyone needs help riding their horse once or twice (or as much as required) a week i would be more than happy to help out. I am an experienced rider and can drive so location is not an issue. I would appreciate the chance! I have a passion for horses and am very caring. Please feel free to contact me by email or calling me!

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Dilynnio

Hey,

I am looking for some one who has experience riding to share my horse. He is currently in a fantastic yard but due to other commitments at the moment I am unable to give him the full attention that he requires.

He is a 5 year old TB gelding. 16.3h He would suit someone that is experienced and interested in eventing and bringing this horse with genuine potential on..........he has a lovely jump and movement.

Lessons for show jumping and dressage are available at the yard.

PM me for more details.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Emmsie84

Hi,

Iam looking for someone wanting to share their horse or need help with Livery costs due to the recession. I've been riding for over 12 years. If possible I'd like to ride 4 times a week durning the week. Iam unavable to ride at weekends so may i may suit some students looking keep their horses fit.

I haven't been riding for a few years but I’m able for most horses and quick to learn.

I'm 25 years of age and I live in Rathfarnham, so any stable around the south side of Dublin would be perfect, but as I’m a driver further away could also be an option.

I have a option for other ppl that i have a horse that can be shared at 200€ per month full Livery. He is 16H and been told quite Lively and needs work. He is an experienced ride.

Please PM me if you are interested.

Thanks

Hi

Iam looking to see if anyone would be interested in sharing a Horse on Livery.

horse that can be shared at 200€ per month full Livery. He is 16H and been told quite Lively and needs work and that he is an experienced ride.

I CANT RIDE AT WEEKENDS so looking for someone to Share. H e will be stabled in Rathfarnham Equesterian Centre on Full Livery. There is 2 outdoor arenas and one Indoor.

If you are interested please PM me

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 animalmad

Hi Im in wexford is that 2 far?

hi

Yep wexford would be a little to far. Sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Koda

I'm looking for an exercise rider for a few days over the next 2 weeks or so. Very sensible 16hh horse, great allrounder. Kept in livery yard dublin south (has indoor). Must be capable and experienced rider, CURRENTLY RIDING and riding fit. would prob need own transport.

PM me if you're interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭eilo1

Hiya, I live in dundrum an would be willing to school and ride your horse, dont mind mucking out etc but I cant help with the bills as Im a student.
    I a good rider and have been employed as a rider in the past but have left the horse profession.
    Let me know if thats anygood!!
    thanks Eilis

• Registered Users Posts: 12 daisy121

Hi i'm looking for a horse share in the above areas, I'm an experienced rider and have been riding for years, i have had 2 horses previously bit cant afford full livery and the additional cost.

In the last couple of years I haven't been out regularly so looking for something reliable to build back up confidence in the hope to bring any horse on and do some show jumping competitions as have competed a lot previously.

I'm looking for a honest forward riding horse. To do flat work, show jumping and hacking out.

Im a 27 female and have my own transport and live in dublin 18

PM me if you are interested in meeting and or discussing the possibility further

many thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Saphie

Hello,

I've got a young horse 6 years who's a lovely nature and needs to have some fun with a steady confident rider. South side location. Please PM if interested in riding out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 elaine88

Hi, Just wondering if anyone needs some help exercising their horse(s) in Kildare/Roscommon? I have plenty of experience (approx ten years) and owned my own horse for about 3 years before starting college.

I'm based in Co.Kildare from Monday to Thursday and Co.Roscommon from Friday until Sunday. I have my own car so am fairly flexible. I'm also happy to follow any schooling/fitness plans you have for your horse, or groundwork/lunging etc. Whatever you say goes!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 rooktee

Hi Fellow Horse Lovers, I'm desperately looking to share or exercise a horse (14.2hh to 16.2hh). I'm 28, 10 stone and been riding since I was 8 years old (less frequently now though :(). I live in Roundwood & I'm interested in part-sharing or exercising a horse that enjoys hacking & jumping (non competitive). Can be grass horse or stabled. I drive & work in D18 so anywhere around Stepaside, Enniskerry, Glencullen or North Wicklow (Roundwood, Glendalough, Laragh, Bray) suits me fine. I can pay for shoes for using your horse too. I'm tired of lessons & ride outs... just want something that I can do my own thing on and progress my riding :) Ideally someone who wants help exercising, grooming & caring for their horse. Don't need to ride at weekends but would if it suits the owner. I can't afford to do 50% share but can help out with up to €140 depending on horse/riding availability.
    Would love to hear from someone who wants help with their little pet :rolleyes:

HI There i have a horse in kilternan very quiet and a gentleman to do anything with i am looking someone to help me with him i dont have time to do him every day i will pay all costs
    Declan

Advertisement