Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S10, S10 Plus, S10 E, S10 5G

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

dan786 wrote: »
    To trade in simply add the S10 to cart and you will see the option at checkout with trade in values etc.

Can’t trade in my iP X, only gives options up to the 8 Plus

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Shn99 wrote: »
    Can’t trade in my iP X, only gives options up to the 8 Plus

Can't trade the Note 9 either

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Clareman wrote: »
    Can't trade the Note 9 either

Saw that, not that I am going to so soon but was curious to see what they value a note 9 at.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Saw that, not that I am going to so soon but was curious to see what they value a note 9 at.

That's the exact same thing I was doing, I can't see the reason to upgrade the 9 to the S10, I think I'll hold off until the summer to upgrade my work phone and get the new note

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Wow 300 trade in for the S8 is more than I'd get on adverts for it I'd say. The 10+ at 700 quid is a helluva lot more appealing now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Clareman wrote: »
    Buds will probably be on adverts for €100 in a few weeks :D Which reminds me I must find the VR headset I got with the S7, I wonder if you can update those to USB C

It’s still €100 I wouldn’t pay though, same as the free Gearfit 2 I got with the S7 Edge, wouldn’t have a notion of actually buying one. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Just doing the maths, the price diff from the S9 to the Note 9 was €150, S10 series went up by €50. Note 9 cost 1019 so its looking like the Note 10 will be around €1119-1169

martyos121 wrote: »
    It’s still €100 I wouldn’t pay though, same as the free Gearfit 2 I got with the S7 Edge, wouldn’t have a notion of actually buying one. :pac:

Very good point, I find the headphones that came with the Note 9 to be excellent so I'd only be getting the buds as a gimmick, I know I'd probably either never charge them or lose 1 of them within a week. I got the S7 on preorder and got the free headset, I used it a few times and then threw it in a press, I must dig it out though, the kids would love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I had the 6 edge, then upgraded to the 8+. I'm out at those prices, just not worth it for me. Going to wait for the OnePlus 7.

I went from the S3 to the S6 Edge (amazing phone), then got a S7 for work, kept the S6 till last year when I got a Note 8 and then got the Note 9 a couple of months ago, I've just realised I've gone from 2 phones in 4 years to 5 phones in 4 years if I get a new 1 soon, oopsie.

Nothing about todays release would make me go out and get the 10, the fold looked brilliant on the screen behind the presenter but when yerman was showing it in use it looked terrible and seemed slow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,634 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Some camera compare vids up on youtube, I think they sorted the camera at last. Looks promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭BArra

If you trade in a phone, do you send it in straight away?

BArra wrote: »
    If you trade in a phone, do you send it in straight away?
    With Samsung?

They send you the packaging along with your new phone and you have up to seven days then to send it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

martyos121 wrote:
    Yeah my contract was up in January and I got onto their live chat looking for a better deal on the 9+, they wouldn’t budge. I’m not expecting much from them on this, might have to wait for the price drop and miss out on the free Galaxy Buds.

Vodafone pricing is up. They want 400 up front for the S10 Plus @ 60 p.m

Jokers.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just after spotting it myself Misky, that's put me right off. Going to head in at lunch and get them to switch me to PAYG altogether. I get that it's a dear phone but that's taking the piss when you see the pricing on other networks.

I suppose they know they're the only crowd with good coverage in most parts and are taking advantage of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

S10e 699
    S10 849
    S10+ 949

Vodafone PAYG Prices. Doesn't seem to be the yellow one anywhere, is this not available yet or just available on some sites?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Pre-ordered the green S10+ and traded an old iPhone 6 lying idle in a drawer.........now the wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭jones

Glad you can buy directly from Samsung now and the trade in for my S8+ is very good at 300. Still on contract with three until the summer but think I'll buy outright on this one.

The S10+ looks the business and nice jump from the S8+

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

The earbuds dont come with the phone. They have to claimed through the phone itself using the members app and can take upto 30 days after that to get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I'm on the 3 classic flex max

The price of the s10 will still be pretty high ???

What's the next best phone I could get ? Want an upgrade from the s8. Can't believe it's 2 years since it came out times flies

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S. Forget the mental prices of Samsung

• Advertisement

The earbuds dont come with the phone. They have to claimed through the phone itself using the members app and can take upto 30 days after that to get them.

Samsung are usually extremely quick with fulfilling offers so I wouldn't think you'd be waiting too long to get the buds once ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Lovely looking phone.I can get 350 for S9 on trade in but think I'll wait a few weeks and see what the price drop is like.

Saw an article recently (might have been posted here) but the price drops on S phones since S6 have been fairly large and usually within 6/8 weeks of release.

Dont think it's worth buying now just to get the buds.Id probably never use them .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Vodafone pricing is up. They want 400 up front for the S10 Plus @ 60 p.m

Jokers.

It’s not too bad for the S10+. Free Spotify, 15g allowance, unlimited texts and calls and 100 international minutes. Spotify is worth €10 p/m alone, and you can use your full data allowance in the EU.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Lovely looking phone.I can get 350 for S9 on trade in but think I'll wait a few weeks and see what the price drop is like.

Saw an article recently (might have been posted here) but the price drops on S phones since S6 have been fairly large and usually within 6/8 weeks of release.

Dont think it's worth buying now just to get the buds.Id probably never use them .
    True, problem is the price-drop won't be from Samsung themselves but from other sellers, which means I can't trade in my S8 for that sparkly 300 quid, and given it's now two years old I'd probably get bugger all for it on adverts, so even if the S10 drops 150/200 in 2 months I doubt I'll be making much profit, and then not getting those airbuds either (which you can also sell on if you don't want them!)

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

The trade in values from Samsung are very good alright. Do not need this phone but 300 for my s8 is tempting!

Does Hybrid sim mean there is no SD Card Slot?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,019 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Eir looking for about €100 more for the S10+ than Three, for example. Can't understand that.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭skodacb

coach22 wrote: »
    The trade in values from Samsung are very good alright. Do not need this phone but 300 for my s8 is tempting!

Does Hybrid sim mean there is no SD Card Slot?

Hybrid means the 2nd slot can be used for either a SD Card or a 2nd SIM card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Eir looking for about €100 more for the S10+ than Three, for example. Can't understand that.

Where did you see Three pricing?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Alligator Wine

Bought my S7 Edge through the Samsung UK site before and didn't have any problems. Considering getting the S10 through samsung.co.uk as I'd get £200 trade-in vs €200 on samsung.ie.

Does anyone have experience with their upgrade program? I'm not even sure I'd be eligible as I'm not based in the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,019 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Where did you see Three pricing?

Sorry, ment Virgin Media - got confused as to what I had been looking at previously.

Advertisement