Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I've my Jersey on and heading for a walk.

Needs a little dexter-ity to pull one of those on..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Autosport wrote: »
    Morning all :)

Happy Monday!!!

It's great being on holidays :D

*throws pillow at Auto*

Get out!

:pac:
    Witchie wrote: »
    Oh my! Just made a new friend at the pool. It's tiny! It tried to join me in the pool and me splashing it to get it to go away didn't work so I had to grab it and walk out of the pool with it.

Found it's owners and told them it was trying to get in the pool. They blocked up their gate so hopefully it won't escape again.

What a new pal to make witchie, what a beauty, they look like there only a small fella :3
    Poochie05 wrote: »
    can we cancel this week?

I insist that we do poochie, its only the logical thing to do in this weather :3

Deskside updating the auld CV, hate it but necessary evil.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Have to write my cv entirely this week.. Brutal.. Frightening to be totally honest..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Have to write my cv entirely this week.. Brutal.. Frightening to be totally honest..

Amen to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

In bed, no school run til 12:30 so taking advantage and the girl the boy and myself had porridge in bed :D lovely Monday.

It's also the anniversary of Elliot being sedated, intubated and blue lighted from Mayo General to Crumlin, do yis remember? The start of 6 weeks in icu, being told he had enough lung surface to survive off ventilation and finally (on my dad's birthday) graduating from icu to the heart unit..
    I've just spent the last 2 hours (I forgot to turn off my alarm) going back to last year and rereading this thread.. Holy fcuk, the memories. He's now blowing raspberries beside me and shouting his head off.
    The support I got from all of you was amazing, this might just be a little thread on boards but, I love how we mind each other. I'm finding it difficult to stop crying this morning, it's a mixture of sadness, for what happened in the first place and the effect it had on him, happiness that he's here at all and the fun and love he brings with him. I'm reliving every emotion in a big blur of flashing memories.
    So if I haven't said it lately, Thank you, you will never know how much you helped me with your kind words and thoughts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

In bed, no school run til 12:30 so taking advantage and the girl the boy and myself had porridge in bed :D lovely Monday.

It's also the anniversary of Elliot being sedated, intubated and blue lighted from Mayo General to Crumlin, do yis remember? The start of 6 weeks in icu, being told he hadn't enough lung surface to survive off ventilation and finally (on my dad's birthday) graduating from icu to the heart unit..
    I've just spent the last 2 hours (I forgot to turn off my alarm) going back to last year and rereading this thread.. Holy fcuk, the memories. He's now blowing raspberries beside me and shouting his head off.
    The support I got from all of you was amazing, this might just be a little thread on boards but, I love how we mind each other. I'm finding it difficult to stop crying this morning, it's a mixture of sadness, for what happened in the first place and the effect it had on him, happiness that he's here at all and the fun and love he brings with him. I'm reliving every emotion in a big blur of flashing memories.
    So if I haven't said it lately, Thank you, you will never know how much you helped me with your kind words and thoughts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

cbyrd wrote: »

It's also the anniversary of Elliot being sedated, intubated and blue lighted from Mayo General to Crumlin, do yis remember? The start of 6 weeks in icu, being told he had enough lung surface to survive off ventilation and finally (on my dad's birthday) graduating from icu to the heart unit..

So happy for you Cbyrd. Very emotional.

Deskside

Is somebody cutting the onions?

cbyrd wrote: »
    It's also the anniversary of Elliot being sedated, intubated and blue lighted from Mayo General to Crumlin, do yis remember? The start of 6 weeks in icu, being told he hadn't enough lung surface to survive off ventilation and finally (on my dad's birthday) graduating from icu to the heart unit..

Delighted to hear this, it was heart breaking reading your posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Aww Cbyrd but we loved our adventures with yourself, Family and of course the main man Elliott :) Here's to many more wild times ahead :D

Don't know where ye are but no rain and sun is shining :) Must be me so :D

Deskside

Is somebody cutting the onions?

Delighted to hear this, it was heart breaking reading your posts.

Aw Seph you softie :D

• Advertisement

northgirl wrote: »
    Aw Seph you softie :D

Shhh don't telling people :o 🤫🤐

😆🤣

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Not long home after a 24 hour shift and waiting for sleep to take me away to bed but I'm on a second wind at the moment.

Coincidence but I was on duty yesterday, and the same day 100 years ago my great grandfather was also on duty in France when the guns fell silent. I wonder what he was doing today 100 years ago, probably planning on having a few beers (finally) like I'll be doing tonight to reset my body clock :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Aww Cbyrd, thank you for telling us Elliot's story. It was our privilege to go on that journey in our own small way. Your victories and good moments were high points for us too. You have been so amazingly strong and deserve the joy of your wee man thriving.

On the sofa trying to work but just not feeling it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Aw, cbyrd, I'm so glad everything turned out okay in the end. I wasn't a frequent poster here this time last year, so I wasn't here when things were at their worst, but I'm glad that a year on, things are so much better.

I'm just about to head off to induction for my new job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Just awake.
    Cbyrd, that was a dramatic and quick year. We all knew Elliot would be fine because he had the best mama, and look! He is!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Standing outside the arena where I'll be working waiting to be let in. It's bloody cold!

Cursing this thread cause it's not working proper!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Cursing this thread cause it's not working proper!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just remembered; mine was like that way back? I logged out for other reasons and just realised it is OK now. Try it?

Bed, clockwatching.. Bad week health wise...

A little shaken as when I went to the post bag, there was a huge, huge dead rat near it.. ANOTHER one and this one was kitten sized. I steeled myself to get a shovel, then found a second one.... shuddders..

This is where my big boy loves to sit so it must be a rat run/track . He is in a bad mood just now because of the new kids so apparently this is his outlet.... lol.....

so I retreated back to bed...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Blinded by the low sun. But another fantastic evening. Going now to gather up some more leaves, top up the bird feeders, set the fire, sort out the mess in the shed, prepare dinner.....times racing by!

• Advertisement

Mulling...

My "crush" hugged me last week. Totally unexpected. Loved it.

Mentioned to my friend today who suggested maybe he pities me.

Fair point but well, me no happy :(

Mulling...

Now I AM CROSS! That is not a friend, it is a jealous snake in the grass, gggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Be happy; you were hugged!

Oops.. nearlu forgot

(((HUGS)))

Deskside Drained after meeting recruiters

Mulling...

That wasn't a nice thing to say :mad:

Deskside Drained after meeting recruiters

That wasn't a nice thing to say :mad:

That is draining.

Well, it's probably a possibility. Better to live in reality than in some silly schoolgirl crushland... I should know better :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Mulling...

Or he wanted to rub off your boobies.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Or he wanted to rub off your boobies.

:D

That is draining.

Well, it's probably a possibility. Better to live in reality than in some silly schoolgirl crushland... I should know better :pac:

Just now you need all the hugs and good emotions you can get. Your jealous friend should know that..

Graces7 wrote: »
    Just now you need all the hugs and good emotions you can get. Your jealous friend should know that..

Yes I do. He knows all I've been through though so maybe he does pity me. Anyway, I could guess for a year and a day just have to roll with it hey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

In the car listening to the radio and watching the wipers do their thing to the rain as it falls across the windshield. Gave the interior a valet as I'm trying to be productive today. Think I did a pretty good job. Also got a haircut today finally and met a few friends I hadn't seen in months. Heater on full blast here and I don't want to leave. I'm tired and in pain and not up to facing the doctor in a while. Urgh :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Mulling...

Maybe their jealous and stupid or both ;)

I'll get gifted to drop the hand and I'll give you a big booby hug :D

Finally got the car back from his service and now watching Christmas movies :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement