Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When did Gemma O Doherty go batshyt crazy?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Have you ever heard of Thalidomide drug the attempted cover up with lies, big pharma can't be trusted. Some people don't want to give their kids certain vaccines that's ok, Autism is on the increase at alarming rates but nobody is allowed to question what is in these vaccines.
    Do you have any credible source to back up this nonsense?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

My observation I hardly seen it growing up, small amount of cases within my children's school group, Now with my grandchildrens school groups it frightening the amount of children on the autism spectrum, By the way I've a relative with autism so I understand how tough it can be for families.
    Your anecdotes are not evidence.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

Do you have any credible source to back up this nonsense?

Do you really need me explain about the Thalidomide drug scandal?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Do you really not think their is a rise in autism, I understand we are better now at diagnosis but I genuinely feel it's increasing a lot, I'm old enough to see a couple of generations.
    My observation I hardly seen it growing up, small amount of cases within my children's school group,
    Now with my grandchildrens school groups it frightening the amount of children on the autism spectrum,
    By the way I've a relative with autism so I understand how tough it can be for families.

Like I said above, the rates haven't changed, we are just better at diagnosing. There were kids with ASD when you were young, just as many as there are today, the thing was you didn't know back then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

The point here is that the Unicorn is used as a symbol of LGBT..which it is.
    There's any amount of evidence to prove this.
    Many on here and elsewhere rubbish this claim when its demonstrably true.

Taking that into account, a short stroll through any of Dunnes, Next, Tescos or any shop which carries childrens clothes, stationary, toys etc will illustrate that the unicorn symbol is absolutely everywhere.

Some people use it - it's not a general thing,
    But even if it was - so what?

LGBT people exist. They are parents, teenagers, uncle, aunts, grandparents - and yes there are children who know they are gay - not in a sexual way but in the way that straight kids 'like' someone of the opposite gender - gay kids know that they 'like' someone of the same gender. And for decades they were made to feel shame about that. A shame that drove many to take their lives. So shame on you for complaining that a few t-shirt might make those kids feel included. A few t-shirts among the thousands of boys wear blue and play football/girls wear pink and like frills that dominate.

They are not going to make anyone catch the gay because it isn't contagious - but it might make the gay kid feel included. You might think that is a bad thing. I think thinking that is a bad thing is a bad way of thinking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Do you really not think their is a rise in autism, I understand we are better now at diagnosis but I genuinely feel it's increasing a lot, I'm old enough to see a couple of generations.
    My observation I hardly seen it growing up, small amount of cases within my children's school group,
    Now with my grandchildrens school groups it frightening the amount of children on the autism spectrum,
    By the way I've a relative with autism so I understand how tough it can be for families.

I'm sorry but when I grew up Autism was not known about. I grew up in the 70's and 80's. My son is eight now and I know from looking at the kids who have been diagnosed in his school that when I was a kid they would have been labelled as disruptive, stupid or disinterested. And yes my classes in primary and secondary school contained children and teenagers like that. In secondary school they got weeded down into the lower streams.

So I totally refute your assertions. Whats really frightening is that an adult is firing around dangerous opinions like that and ignoring the real evidence on display. Not vaccinating is creating real danger not only for the kids themselves but also to the real vulnerable children who cannot get vaccinations for real valid medical reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

I think it is too early to definitively say what effects vaccinations and even antibiotics have on health. We are only just discovering the links between gut bacteria and mental health. Having said that antibiotics and vaccinations save millions of lives so any potential harmful effects are outweighed by their positive impact on human health. To completely dismiss their potential harmful effects is, however naive.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

Do you really need me explain about the Thalidomide drug scandal?

I suspect he is referring to what you said about autism. I also suspect you knew that as well and are avoiding it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Would you offer an opinion for the rise in autism?
    I think it's to di with diet/ pesticides , maybe some cases could be linked to vaccines or maybe not.
    But debating an issue doesn't make me a "headbanger"

Probably better understanding and diagnostic tools, autism didn't even have a clinical diagnosis until the 70's and 80's

Both my kids have autism, both were vaccinated. I don't believe there is a connection because I can see autistic traits in members of the family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,961 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Amazing all the people who want to shut down debate or different opinions.
    Then they label people Nazis just because they don't agree with them.
    A lot of what Gemma says 100% correct.
    The more they attack her the closer she must be to the truth

So you believe the swamp creatures are responsible for terror attacks then? Each to their own I guess

• Advertisement

gandalf wrote: »
    I'm sorry but when I grew up Autism was not known about. I grew up in the 70's and 80's. My son is eight now and I know from looking at the kids who have been diagnosed in his school that when I was a kid they would have been labelled as disruptive, stupid or disinterested. And yes my classes in primary and secondary school contained children and teenagers like that. In secondary school they got weeded down into the lower streams.

So I totally refute your assertions. Whats really frightening is that an adult is firing around dangerous opinions like that and ignoring the real evidence on display. Not vaccinating is creating real danger not only for the kids themselves but also to the real vulnerable children who cannot get vaccinations for real valid medical reasons.

I'm not an anti vaxer, my point was we should listen to different opinions ask questions keep big pharma on their toes.
    Also if parents are reporting bad reactions to certain vaccines they should be listened to.
    People are afraid to speak up for fear of being shouted down

I'm not an anti vaxer, my point was we should listen to different opinions ask questions keep big pharma on their toes.
    Also if parents are reporting bad reactions to certain vaccines they should be listened to.

There will always be a small number of kids who have bad reactions to vaccines. There will always be a small number of kids who cannot take vaccines. However the crud that GoD and her zealots are spouting is dangerous and causing parents not to vaccinate their children and by doing so they are putting other peoples children in danger.

This whole big pharma bollix is just that. The measles vaccine for example is proven and tested yet we have record numbers not vaccinating their kids and the disease is making a come back and lives ARE being lost because of this. You are facilitating this by casting aspirations on a proven vaccine. By all means question but do so based on facts not dubious opinions.

Now what are you basing your utterances about autism on? Which studies? Which papers? I hope it's not just your general observations from the good old days when your kids went to school?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

She also tweeted this, looks like its from a primary school.

Screen-Shot-2019-04-25-at-18-21-31.png

Hold on..I thought the whole Unicorn/LGBT school thing was all a big conspiracy theory?

There are hearts on that poster too. Does that mean hearts are gay iconography?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

What are the odds that Gemma is an Ancient Aliens fan?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Ipso wrote: »
    What are the odds that Gemma is an Ancient Aliens fan?

Not sure, but the music she and Morgan make is out of this world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,462 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Opinions don't count for sh1t when it comes to medical issues. It needs evidence, and all the evidence points clearly to the effectiveness of vaccines.

Vaccines cause adults.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Taking that into account, a short stroll through any of Dunnes, Next, Tescos or any shop which carries childrens clothes, stationary, toys etc will illustrate that the unicorn symbol is absolutely everywhere.
    By this logic, every single builder out there with a hammer in hand is promoting a communist agenda. As does every hardware and DIY shop in existence.

What kid doesn't like unicorns?

As pointed out earlier when you or another poster provided a picture of some clothes earlier, my sister had a top very similar to one of them in the seventies or early eighties.

As stated earlier you can take this as a fact that designs/fashions are repeated every few years, or you can make it all about your homophobia and that it's all a gay brainwashing conspiracy by the garment industry since the then or earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    I think it is too early to definitively say what effects vaccinations and even antibiotics have on health. We are only just discovering the links between gut bacteria and mental health. Having said that antibiotics and vaccinations save millions of lives so any potential harmful effects are outweighed by their positive impact on human health. To completely dismiss their potential harmful effects is, however naive.

Well, your second bolded sentence is demonstrably correct, so...

As for your last sentence - I take several medicines. All of them have been tested, rigorously, before being certified for use on humans. They're all classed as safe - but they all have leaflets listing potential side effects. The anti-inflammatory I'm on right now can cause hepatitis, heart palpitations and anemia. The painkillers you can buy over the counter in Spar can cause death. So, for that matter, can the packet of peanuts you can buy.

Vaccines intended for the general population are even more rigorously tested than ordinary medicines, though. A tiny percentage of people will have a bad reaction to one, though. There have been countless studies into MMR and HPV vaccines, and they've all found them to be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bells of shandon

Yes Thalidomide was rigourously tested before issue to pregnant women.It resulted in a worldwide case of children born with physical deformity effects.
    The OxyContin abuse epidemic in the USA is another example of rigorous testing.
    Big Pharmas only concern is to the bottom line of profit, first and foremost.
    To question the efficacy of medicine or vaccination is a healthy attitude.
    To attempt to shut down debate and accept any story put out by the Medical establishment is to neutralise your critical thinking ability, much too evident in Ireland today on many issues.
    We are a much too trusting race of people ,much to easily led to swallow bull**** from so-called experts.
    We need to be more sceptical, cynical and question more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭francois

Yes Thalidomide was rigourously tested before issue to pregnant women.It resulted in a worldwide case of children born with physical deformity effects.
    To attempt to shut down debate and accept any story put out by the Medical establishment is to neutralise your critical thinking ability, much too evident in Ireland today on many issues.
    We are a much too trusting race of people ,much to easily led to swallow bull**** from so-called experts.

Nobody is shutting down debate. I'd trust an expert far more than some randomer on the internet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Perhaps you need to read up on the history of thalidomide before spouting off. It didn't cause effects worldwide. It was never approved by the FDA in the US. You are also talking about nearly 60 years ago. It also led to a tightening of drug testing standards. BTW the drug is still in use today.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

Who should we listen to then? Uninformed simpletons on the internet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭circadian

Who should we listen to then? Uninformed simpletons on the internet?

Vote Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho for president!

Seriously though. Shutting down debate? Where is the debate being shutdown? This thread is still going, she's still posting on social media. All the quak madness is being questioned and derided with facts as it should be. If you want to voice dissenting opinions publicly then maybe you shouldn't be so sensitive when it's challenged. Especially when you openly challenge others, call them liars, lizard people or claim they're part of some freemason secret society to mind control the world.

Challenge and expect to be challenged. Take your ****ing oil Gemma.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

BTW the drug is still in use today.
    Helps in treatment of leprosy if I remember correctly

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

Helps in treatment of leprosy if I remember correctly

and certain cancers.

circadian wrote: »
    Vote Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho for president!

Seriously though. Shutting down debate? Where is the debate being shutdown? This thread is still going, she's still posting on social media. All the quak madness is being questioned and derided with facts as it should be. If you want to voice dissenting opinions publicly then maybe you shouldn't be so sensitive when it's challenged. Especially when you openly challenge others, call them liars, lizard people or claim they're part of some freemason secret society to mind control the world.

Challenge and expect to be challenged. Take your ****ing oil Gemma.

I watched that film years ago and at the time i didnt realise how prophetic it was. Owen Wilson tried to warn us but we didnt listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bells of shandon

francois wrote: »
    Nobody is shutting down debate. I'd trust an expert far more than some randomer on the internet

Definition of an expert,' Is SOMEONE WHO KNOWS MORE AND MORE ,ABOUT LESS AND LESS, UNTIL EVENTUALLY HE KNOWS EVERYTHING ABOUT NOTHING.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,314 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Definition of an expert,' Is SOMEONE WHO KNOWS MORE AND MORE ,ABOUT LESS AND LESS, UNTIL EVENTUALLY HE KNOWS EVERYTHING ABOUT NOTHING.
    I think you are maybe confusing an expert in a field with Henrys Cat....

• Advertisement

As opposed to somebody who started off knowing nothing and was happy to stay that way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Hello AGAIN.

Have you googled that evidence yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I watched that film years ago and at the time i didnt realise how prophetic it was. Owen Wilson tried to warn us but we didnt listen.

Oh no, they got you too! (Luke Wilson)

Birneybau wrote: »
    Oh no, they got you too! (Luke Wilson)

Drat. i should have remembered it was the lesser Wilson brother.

Drat. i should have remembered it was the lesser Wilson brother.

Well, Andrew Wilson is also in it. The lesser lesser Wilson.

Well, Andrew Wilson is also in it. The lesser lesser Wilson.

I had no idea he was a wilson brother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭ollkiller

In my opinion
    Chemtrails = yes
    Bleach curing autism = no
    Autism liked to vacation= yes
    Pennys t shirt = don't know
    ATM robberies= yes being allowed to happen

Don't know about swamp monster things

Wowsers. Chemtrails and autism linked to vaccination (as opposed to going on a vacation). Please provide 1, that's right, just 1 link that proves chemtrails or a link between autism and vaccinations. You won't be able to provide one but sure go on nonetheless.

ATM robberies being allowed to happen. Are you drunk. It's a criminal organisation trying to get funds. Even today there was an ATM robbery foiled.

Penney's t shirt. It's rainbows and a unicorn lad. Kids like rainbows and unicorns FFS. It's not a conspiracy.

And you don't know about the swamp monster things. That's the best yet. Christ above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,170 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

She's after phillo now....

One of her followers posted an interview with Phil lynnot from 40 years ago which was actually quite progressive for the time. In which he states gays are sound and are his friend... He just doesn't want to know what they do behind closed doors :)

They're calling for the removal of his statue in light of lyras death.

And people are actually arguing over this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,024 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

The idea that a few ATM robberies which hold about 100k each in rural Ireland are a conspiracy by globalists to turn the entire world into a cashless society is one of the best things I've ever heard.

People believing it is one of the saddest thing I've ever heard though. Poor bastards.

The Nal wrote: »
    The idea that a few ATM robberies which hold about 100k each in rural Ireland are a conspiracy by globalists to turn the entire world into a cashless society is one of the best things I've ever heard.

People believing it is one of the saddest thing I've ever heard though. Poor bastards.
    Atm robberies are bring carried out by an emerging new ira ,
    It's project fear they could stop them if they wanted it's laughable the Garda don't know who they are or can't stop them.
    We have an ex RUC man in charge of our Garda force, linking into fear mongering with the threat of a hard boarder and the IRA.
    The new ira are being allowed grow in numbers

It's project fear they could stop them if they wanted it's laughable the Garda don't know who they are or can't stop them.
    We have an ex RUC man in charge of our Garda force, linking into fear mongering with the threat of a hard boarder and the IRA.

So is this true about all major crime?

Shooting in Drogheda? Gardai let it happen

Kinnahan/Hutch feud? Actually a false flag operation, used to knock off investigators who get too close to the truth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Project fear, so now you're using brexit propaganda tactics.. The Gardai I imagine are intentionally trying to about creating the troubles again so the New IRA likely needs a careful solution.

It's interesting, I suppose, that Gemma O'D argues the ATM robberies are being carried out by the New World Order to introduce a cashless society, and Charles Ingles thinks the ATM robberies are being carried out by the new IRA, but even though his conspiracy theory is completely different to hers, he thinks she is basically right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,024 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

RayCun wrote: »
    It's interesting, I suppose, that Gemma O'D argues the ATM robberies are being carried out by the New World Order to introduce a cashless society, and Charles Ingles thinks the ATM robberies are being carried out by the new IRA, but even though his conspiracy theory is completely different to hers, he thinks she is basically right.

Post truth. Facts don't really matter. Just appeals to a feeling or emotion. In this case, "they" are out to get us so any kind of conspiracy fits the confirmation bias.

I try go easy on people who buy into that sort of thing because frankly, they're a bit thick.

The Nal wrote: »
    Post truth. Facts don't really matter. Just appeals to a feeling or emotion. In this case, "they" are out to get us so any kind of conspiracy fits the confirmation bias.

I try go easy on people who buy into that sort of thing because frankly, they're a bit thick.

I worked with a lad who used to swear blind that well known 'urban myths' actually happened to 'mates' of his. Would probably be an Alt-Right figure now with a legion of thicko followers.

I worked with a lad who used to swear blind that well known 'urban myths' actually happened to 'mates' of his. Would probably be an Alt-Right figure now with a legion of thicko followers.

Maybe it did!

RayCun wrote: »
    So is this true about all major crime?

Shooting in Drogheda? Gardai let it happen

Kinnahan/Hutch feud? Actually a false flag operation, used to knock off investigators who get too close to the truth.

No just the in relation to the new ira, ex RUC commissioner might have a conflict of interest or his loyalties may be elsewhere other than our fine republic

I had no idea he was a wilson brother.

Neither did I, he's in loads of films with the other Wilson lads.

Another tidbit, Maya Rudolph is the daughter of Minnie Riperton who sang "Lovin' You" with that crazy 4-octave range.

No just the in relation to the new ira, ex RUC commissioner might have a conflict of interest or his loyalties may be elsewhere other than our fine republic

The new garda commissioner wants the new IRA to take off, because he wants a return to violence in the north?
    So he's pulling detectives off the ATM case? Stopping them making arrests?

And your evidence for this comes from a whistleblower in the gardai, telling you there's something going on?

Or you just figured it out for yourself, based on no more than what we all read in the newspapers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

circadian wrote: »
    Neither did I, he's in loads of films with the other Wilson lads.

Another tidbit, Maya Rudolph is the daughter of Minnie Riperton who sang "Lovin' You" with that crazy 4-octave range.

Maya Rudolph.
    the biz.

So much to unpack, so little will to do so.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement