Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA discussion thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭MayoAreMagic

Tom O’Sullivan will probably be moved to the corner to accommodate White. It’s the only way to get both of them in the team. I’m not sure if they are going to persist with Murphy at CB, lots of places up for grabs at the back.

We look to be a while away from knowing our best team which is a worry.

Really? I thought Murphy was good at 6 yesterday.
    Well I suppose it is also a sign that you have a good number of options.
    Could tommy walsh go out to midfield I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Well I suppose it is also a sign that you have a good number of options.
    Could tommy walsh go out to midfield I wonder?

Murphy is good but might struggle at CB against bigger men like Kilkenny, he is a better wing back for me.

Tommy can play midfield in patches but wouldn’t have the legs for a full game. I think it will be Barry and Moran for the summer again. We have very little depth there after that. Diarmuid O’Connor is still U20 and will probably be left play with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭brocbrocach

He was good but they targeted him with kickouts I thought. It's a weakness for him. I thought every Kerry player in the middle sector could take a bit of blame for the breaking ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭munster87

I’d like to see a half back line of
    Murphy-White-G. Crowley

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Forge83

munster87 wrote: »
    I’d like to see a half back line of
    Murphy-White-G. Crowley

I’d like to see Murphy back in his roaming position. Named at wing forward but helping the defense, midfield and linking the attack.
    Moynihan is a great find but might need another year before he is a championship starter against the stronger teams.
    G Crowley- White- O Sullivan is just as strong as having Murphy in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Disgusting to read about the abuse Deividas Uosis got at the colleges game last week - then again, he's got an All-Ireland minor medal already, so he'll presumably have bigger matches on the agenda for the rest of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭munster87

Disgusting to read about the abuse Deividas Uosis got at the colleges game last week - then again, he's got an All-Ireland minor medal already, so he'll presumably have bigger matches on the agenda for the rest of the year.

Where did you read about it?

munster87 wrote: »
    Where did you read about it?

Was mentioned in Kerry's Eye this week - they looked for a comment from Naas, but the principal said they never talk to the media!

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭conor05

Would any of our hurling followers know who is the Kilmoyley hurling manager for 2019?

It seems Shane Brick is training Douglas senior hurlers in Cork this year.

He would be a loss after getting kilmoyley to the county final last year and losing out to that infamous penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Was mentioned in Kerry's Eye this week - they looked for a comment from Naas, but the principal said they never talk to the media!

Well if you believe in Karma, the fact that Naas were beaten by 1 point in the final may bring a smile to your face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭kerry37

SPSL Rathmore lost by a point today in the Paddy Drummond final. Game of 2 halves really with them all over roscommon in the first half but kicking some bad wides, they lead 6-3 at half time, roscommon came out of the blocks 2nd half and were up 6 points at one stage only for Rathmore to get level and it took a free in the 8th minute of injury time to win it for Roscommon.

I know its said regularly but the coverage TG4 provide is just unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Well if you believe in Karma, the fact that Naas were beaten by 1 point in the final may bring a smile to your face.

There was a lot of fake accounts on twitter over the weekend calling the naas lads every sort of names. Bit strange that someone would go to that length for a schools game.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭pawdee

Disgusting, ignorant behaviour from a very small minority of Naas CBS supporters. The funny thing about it is the lad they were targeting has an All-Ireland minor medal from 2017. Come to think of it, I know a fella in Naas who has a Senior All Ireland Football medal.......he's an antiques dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

conor05 wrote: »
    Would any of our hurling followers know who is the Kilmoyley hurling manager for 2019?

It seems Shane Brick is training Douglas senior hurlers in Cork this year.

He would be a loss after getting kilmoyley to the county final last year and losing out to that infamous penalty.

I saw that Shane Brick had moved on to Douglas, he lives in Cork so maybe that's the biggest reason behind it,

Didnt hear who is training Kilmoyley, thats one thing you dont hear about much in the local media very rarely hear who is training each team,unless its a big name like Anthony Daly,John Meyler or Mark Foley

At the knockout stages of the club championships - intriguingly, a Gaeltacht derby at Intermediate level - Crokes, An Gaeltacht, Na Gaeil and Annascaul remain favourites:

Senior Club Championship Final:

Austin Stacks v Dr Stokes

Intermediate Championship Semis:

An Gaeltacht v Dromid Pearses
    Glenflesk v Templenoe

Junior Premier Semis:

Gneeveguilla v Na Gaeil (Tralee)
    St Senans v Keel

Junior Semis:

Renard v Cordal
    Ballyduff v Annascaul

Intermediate Relegation Playoffs:

Brosna v Currow
    Laune Rangers v Castleisland Desmonds

Junior Premier Relegation Playoffs:

St Michael's-Foilmore v Skellig Rangers
    Lispole v Listry

Shane Murphy surprisingly drops out of the Kerry panel. Guess that leaves Shane Ryan as number 1 then with Kelly as a decent back up.

Haven't heard any reasons as to why Murphy has dropped out. Must say I am surprised at his decision but best of luck to him whatever happens in the future.

kerry37 wrote: »
    Shane Murphy surprisingly drops out of the Kerry panel. Guess that leaves Shane Ryan as number 1 then with Kelly as a decent back up.

Haven't heard any reasons as to why Murphy has dropped out. Must say I am surprised at his decision but best of luck to him whatever happens in the future.

Apparently told that he is not first choice and won’t be allowed play with his club. I don’t blame him for walking away if that is the case.

Gavin White picked up a shoulder injury at the weekend and will be out for some time too so it’s very possible that there will be no Crokes man on the starting 15 for the Munster championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Radio5

Stacks won the Senior final yesterday.

Gaeltacht and Templenoe will contest the intermediate final next Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Peter Crowley has done his cruciate and will miss the championship.

An awful blow to an already stretched backline.

Will be lucky to make it out of the Super 8's.

Kerry starting to pull away from Cork minors, now 2-16 to 1-8.

• Advertisement

Really going to town now, 3-18 to 1-8.

FT 3-18 to 1-9, will take some stopping on that performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

I believe McCarthy stepped down from the panel after the reports today.

What reports?

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

What reports?

Sorry, it was in the Sunday World saying he was arrested on College St Killarney on Apr 22, abusive behaviour towards Gardai again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Link?

Sorry, it was in the Sunday World saying he was arrested on College St Killarney on Apr 22, abusive behaviour towards Gardai again.

Ah FFS, hope it’s not true but if it is then he has to go. You can’t be having that kind of distraction on the panel.

Hes some man for the beer and turns into an absolute lunatic after a few pints. Should have given it up when he was given the chance after the Castleisland incident. Another talent wasted.

Some confusion from the Kerry GAA Twitter a/c, but my understanding is that the minors play Tipp in the semis, after Clare beat them tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Is Tom Murnane hurling for Kerry in the 2019 championship or is he suspended? Thanks.

Advertisement