Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ben Dunne gym refund?

• 13-01-2019 10:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Might be a long shot but I bought a membership I no longer require before Christmas (on the 19th I think). Is there any way of getting a refund? Don’t see any reference to this in their terms, just around transferring a membership.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Hoboo

ideaburst wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Might be a long shot but I bought a membership I no longer require before Christmas (on the 19th I think). Is there any way of getting a refund? Don’t see any reference to this in their terms, just around transferring a membership.

Thanks

You paid for a year up front I take it? Then no. Contract has been formed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭ideaburst

Hoboo wrote: »
    You paid for a year up front I take it? Then no. Contract has been formed.

Yep. Figured that alright. So I guess the only option would be to transfer to someone else - sell it at a discount?

The other option is to keep it of course. I got it mainly for the pool and maybe to get some personal training at some stage this year. Anyone know what the PTs are like in Blanch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Yep. Figured that alright. So I guess the only option would be to transfer to someone else - sell it at a discount?

The other option is to keep it of course. I got it mainly for the pool and maybe to get some personal training at some stage this year. Anyone know what the PTs are like in Blanch?

Transfer or selling it won't be an option either (maybe I'm wrong but I've been in 4 and even suspending my membership while I went to work abroad for 6 months wasn't an option, after 7 years membership!) It's like signing up to a phone contract for a year, then wanting to sell the contract to someone else, just doesn't work like that. People who buy gym membership and don't use it are bread and butter for gyms, they receive payment and don't have to provide a service. If everyone actually went, gyms would have queues to get in the everyday. And if those who don't utilise their membership didn't join in the first instance, the fees for everyone else would be skyhigh, or the gym would cease trading.

You're signed up now, might as well get stuck in! January will be mental, places will start to clear out in Feb. I avoid the place in Jan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

I think you've a 14 day cooling off period (assuming you signed up online), which has obviously lapsed by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Ring and ask. I've gotten a refund from them in the past after paying for a year. Was a while ago though so maybe they've changed but no reason not to ask.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭eoinob50

Can always ask but wouldn't have much hope!! They make most of their money this time of the year... new year sign ups that never come back after the first week of January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭ideaburst

Yeah I checked but it's outside the 14 day period! Ah well, it's still a brilliant deal for the use of the pool and free classes for an entire year, and it's also a lot livelier than my free apartment gym :) I'll also have racks not just the free weights.

Like you guys say I'll wait until the January newbs fizzle out - I actually really like BD in the summer! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭pj12332

Im in the same boat. We paid for two full memberships in Carlisle last month and I've been employed in another gym chain so we have free memberships there. Gave a call and once we find people it's just 30 euro to transfer them over. No hassle at all. Just need to find someone now!

Advertisement