Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Does anyone find the audio tracking off with some movies on amazon ?

So far I've not had any sync issues *touches wood* - have had nightmares with Android boxes in the past though, so far so good on the PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Does anyone find the audio tracking off with some movies on amazon ?

Yes. I just exit out and resume and it seems to fix the issue

• Registered Users Posts: 8,902 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Edge of the darkness is a good mid budget thriller with Mel Gibson that we don’t see anymore since Hollywood black balled him, what a waste !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Watched The Founder recently, a movie about the beginning of McDonald's. Really enjoyed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭golfball37

The marvelous Mrs Maisel on prime is very good. Never heard of it and flew through season one this week. Set wise and costumes etc it’s as authentic as mad men

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

golfball37 wrote: »
    The marvelous Mrs Maisel on prime is very good. Never heard of it and flew through season one this week. Set wise and costumes etc it’s as authentic as mad men

It really looks great on a top end 4k TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,968 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The walking dead world beyond ep1 now on Amazon prime

gmisk wrote: »
    The walking dead world beyond ep1 now on Amazon prime
    Watched episode 1...not great tbh.
    Good idea, and excellent ending, but some of the acting is horrible

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'm both surprised Walking Dead is still going, yet unsurprised AMC are trying to milk it for all its worth. I'll be honest though, aiming for a teen flavoured spin-off was not my first guess of a continuation

• Advertisement

pixelburp wrote: »
    I'm both surprised Walking Dead is still going, yet unsurprised AMC are trying to milk it for all its worth. I'll be honest though, aiming for a teen flavoured spin-off was not my first guess of a continuation
    Don't worry there are other spin offs on the way seemingly.
    Its still a serious cash cow for them.

When is utopia out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,653 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

When is utopia out ?

Yeah I signed up to watch it and no sign. It's out in UK since 25th September. Assumed it was out here at same time. Bit odd

When is utopia out ?
    It's been on mine for a while, I think mine is UK though.
    I gave up after three episodes...not great alas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Is Fleabag gone again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

Is Fleabag gone again?

Suddenly gone for me mid season 2 ..and not able to play season one either

• Registered Users Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭golfball37

Is Fleabag gone again?

It was back for me last week and gone again today. I just wish they’d remove stuff from my wishlist that is no longer available, like Netflix do

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭fman

Fleabag seems to be back again and both seasons in the same block this time.

Watched a great documentary called “stripper” very much a time capsule of the 1980s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

fman wrote: »
    Fleabag seems to be back again and both seasons in the same block this time.

right - I'm binging it this weekend before they take it away again :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

fleabag season 2 has been added to Irish prime .....again ....again . be quick

• Registered Users Posts: 8,902 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

The expanse season 5

Back Dec 16th

peteeeed wrote: »
    The expanse season 5

Back Dec 16th

I assume the whole thing is going on Amazon ? Is the show worth a watch ???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

One of the better SiFi out there. Well worth a watch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

100% yes. Season 1 is patchy but on balance one of the best sci-fi shows of the last 20 years

pixelburp wrote: »
    100% yes. Season 1 is patchy but on balance one of the best sci-fi shows of the last 20 years

That a big claim ! Better then battle star ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I think it's one of the best Scfi shows I've seen.

It's not an action flick, as there a fair amount of political intrigue etc. So not for those who want constant action.

I've never watched all of Battle Star. What I did see I liked but there was far too much of Baltar.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

That a big claim ! Better then battle star ?

While I enjoyed BSG overall, at some point I felt like "the plan" they were referencing at the start of every episode wasn't something they'd thought out at all. Even if the coda mini movie "The Plan" bent over backwards to try and prove that it was actually all cleverly conceived (I didn't buy it).

The Expanse however is based on a series of books and feels much sturdier as far as plot consistency goes. The amount of world-building in the first few episodes is staggering, but also a bit overwhelming, so brace yourself on your first watch.

The only thing stopping me from saying one is better than the other is that The Expanse hasn't ended yet, so we'll have to see if it sticks the landing.

Can't wait for the new season!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

A few people I know didn't like the expanse they found it too slow in season 1. I disagree with them but each to their own.

Advertisement