Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What's the oldest car you saw on the road today?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Ogogo

Interesting algae patina going on here. The car is 1998 and the greenery is circa 1999.
    379322.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

A few cars in the RDS today

DSC_1080_zpsium0ylfi.jpg

DSC_1081_zpssckaw5bk.jpg

DSC_1096_zps2nzrotp7.jpg

DSC_1098_zpsaf9hjsko.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

That 93 Corolla is a lovely clean car its not too overdone either. Wasn't a fan of the thema its about the only lancia I didn't like around then.

The one thing I absolutely would change on the Corolla are the plates. I really don't like those grayish ones. Other than that it was perfect.

The one thing I absolutely would change on the Corolla are the plates. I really don't like those grayish ones. Other than that it was perfect.

Didn't notice them judging by the picture but yhh i know the ones you mean. It's just a nice clean car. Id to laugh at the twin exhausts tho its probably the 1.6 efi.

• Advertisement

It's a genuine 20v, a dream car of mine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Furtzy2

An 89 Ford Orion 1600E in Phibsboro. Decent condition and a rare top spec variant apparently

It's a genuine 20v, a dream car of mine!

My bad ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Terrontress

That Toyota Corolla 87 C is a challenging one to look at.

We're they actually an irish car?? I don't think I have ever seen an lift back version of them in ireland before.

• Advertisement

That one is an import. I actually took a picture of the old dealer sticker on the back window but deleted it. It was a UK place

And here are three interesting cars inside the show (not strictly what we usually have in here, show pictures) but a few might appreciate these

Charmant, had non original front seats and steering wheel but it looked great

DSC_1090_zpsdij1x2uk.jpg

DSC_1087_zpsnnorz2xs.jpg

Original Irish Panhard

DSC_1077_zpsn2gzv6bb.jpg

Not something you see everyday! I've seen this around in my estate a few times now so I think it might live around locally, looked totally original.

PhotoEditor-1457285002863_zpsb8yjmchp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Terrontress

That one is an import. I actually took a picture of the old dealer sticker on the back window but deleted it. It was a UK place

The number plate above the lights makes me think of a Citroen Saxo.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭CorkMan_

That pic brings back memories! We used to get a lift to/from school from a neighbour in one. Their's was '87 too.

Big old agri trailer on the back. Had one of those Hella spot light grilles straight outta the 90s

PhotoEditor-1457452170850_zps5qnrtkgr.jpg

And from today, not a great pic but while I was at the lights

PhotoEditor-1457537203158_zpsfzv4px76.jpg

Bit of a citroen love affair there and even a nice little DS hiding in there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Saw a B1 Passat today, looked like it was very well looked after. I would guess it is a one owner car judging by the driver. No picture though.

vintagevrs wrote: »
    Saw a B1 Passat today, looked like it was very well looked after. I would guess it is a one owner car judging by the driver. No picture though.

Was it a red estate Zx reg?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

No it was a saloon. I'm not familiar with the older reg system so no good their either as I forget :o

It looked like it was in use as a daily, but was in exceptional condition. Could well be in storage and just out for a run too I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

There's often up to six Citroens parked there. They own Barry Motors AFAIK.

Local car;

image-b23504a20122042b8daea89f0fe704a4e5e384d6db01e8a4e7840a224f24062b-V_zpsabdajspz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

90 C VW Golf Van.....must be pretty rare as I don't recall ever seeing one from that era (MkII?), should have took a pic in hindsight, looked fairly rough tough, Mitchelstown for anyone who's interested

Original plates and all!

25545877676_5196d19a01_b.jpg

25572036335_1a33f8dd92_b.jpg

As an aside, I was asked by a neighbor to have a look at his father's Starlet during the week. He tipped it off the gate pillar a few days ago. Its a two door Jap import, 93 I think, I'm 99% sure he has had it since it was imported. I remember it from years ago but haven't seen it in a long time. It used to be genuinely immaculate

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

There's a corolla like that driving on the lower kimmage road every day. I must try get a pic

This was in Stillorgan, its always parked in the shopping centre car park. I wouldn't be surprised if it was on its first owner

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

1974 Reliant Scimitar.

380232.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Went around the Vee today for a spin and saw and ZV Volvo 240

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭tc20

Bray over the weekend

Advertisement